Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    10 uses up half my CPU just idling and it's an older PC.. 7 does not do this

so I went back to 7.

best decision for me.
    Related to this, 10 ran like molasses on my laptop until I upgraded to an SSD. Granted, it came with 7 and wasn't the speediest thing to begin with, but the slowdown was noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It is, you just don't have the ability to analyze the network traffic that comes out of it.
    The telemetry certainly needs addressed better with full options to turn if off not just limited to enterprise customers, but stupid reactions like calling it malware are not helping.

There have been a lot of misunderstandings, and jumping to conclusions regarding what it does in the background.
    Though admittedly the lack of communication and clarity from Microsoft has not helped matter.

If Enterprise Customers can turn that off in the name of "privacy",then what is there in it that makes it a privacy concern.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-11-09 at 02:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Enterprises have their commercial secrets. Plain users don't. There is nothing valuable about them for being kept in secret.

Also, most users are not Luddites and like to use AI-based technologies which have to be trained and adapted with the real usage data.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Enterprises have their commercial secrets. Plain users don't. There is nothing valuable about them for being kept in secret.

Also, most users are not Luddites and like to use AI-based technologies which have to be trained and adapted with the real usage data.
    I'm certainly no Luddite, but I don't appreciate my personal/meta/usage data being collected without a clear reason or easy opt-out. I sometimes think it has something to do with spending many of my formative years in a pre-social media world. I still appreciate my privacy. Now, what I actively put out into the net-ether is another story. If I, or someone else, overshares on Facebook that's a user problem and I can't hold anyone else accountable for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Really? Really?

Are you really quoting the fucking nazi Gustapo and saying you shouldn't be worried if you have nothing to hide?

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are still whining about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    People are still whining about this?
    aww so cute using dismissive terms to handwave arguments.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If Enterprise Customers can turn that off in the name of "privacy",then what is there in it that makes it a privacy concern.
    They can't turn it off, they can turn of maybe 90% of it. And then the forced updates tend to reset options.
    Pro and Home users, which are the majority, can't actually do anything about it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-11-09 at 06:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll pass on this garbage OS. Just more of that tile nonsense no one asked for with an ugly unintuitive layout: it looks like it is trying to copy a smartphone. The menus are all the awful little sliders with detailed information hidden away, since I can't be trusted with control over my own computer, apparently. The thing runs like crap and have fun turning off (for real) the resource hog, Cortana, your own personal spy.

Steer clear of this and don't be sold on it. If you like 7 you'll hate 10. They skipped 9 for a reason, it is because they skipped making a new 7 and went straight to making a new 8. They are really trying to push tablets on us. Newsflash, computer manufacturers, I can't play real games on a tablet. Nor would I want to, my wrists would go full carpal tunnel syndrome.

I think that win10 memory management is a bit awkward.

I also dun like current WU policy, I either have to completely shut down WU and install system and other updates manually, or let it run rampant and install anything it wants, and unfortunately that's not an option especially with some drivers and stuff. I purposely keep outdated drivers for certain pieces of hardware I use.

I dun like metro/modern UI, nothing against flat UI, it's ok, but tiles and other touch/tap friendly elements dun really belong to desktop. And current control panel is a mess. Having separate desktop and tablet OS editions (in terms of UI) would be a better option, IMHO.

I dun care about telemetry and stuff, cuz I'm also using Apple products, so it'd be hypocritical to say that I'm concerned about privacy. But IMHO, Apple's UI/UX principles are much better, I like that they dun try to make both desktop and mobile OSes share same UI.
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-11-09 at 09:58 AM.

I remember around half a year ago we had discussion about MS collection of user info and data with Win10. Back then one of the arguments was, that you can turn it off, and the counter argument was that in the future, MS can change/limit/remove those options. Not so long ago with a patch turning off collection of user info was severely crippled in Win10. Who would have guessed

It's very straight forward strategy. First you introduce something unpopular, but say users can turn it off, then you remove the option to turn it off. Smooth transition.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    10 uses up half my CPU just idling and it's an older PC.. 7 does not do this

so I went back to 7.

best decision for me.
    odd 10 speed up my laptop from 2009..so much so that i decided to put off buying another laptop.

--------------------------
    10 is great so far, and i still find it all amusing people whine so much over the privacy issue when most of it is easy to turn off, and more so that you are sending information over public / corporate / gov't built lines, not private ones. Working in IT and specifically email its funny hearing about it all on the news stuff. I'm just like go have a convo in wal-mart and hope no one hears anything its about the same level of privacy, most encryption would be like whispering in said wal-mart. But hey if staying back on win 7 (which btw has been patched to have some of the same "privacy" concerns) makes u feel about things go for it. 99.99999% of the people don't do anything that really matters if its private or not, and those that do go to measures to ensure its as private as possible.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22