Poll: Should vesectomies be fully subsidized?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like a selfish concept if you get it done at a young age (20's..)

I mean, I can understand getting it done when you are older and have a family....

What is with this fad of loathing children? Is the idea of caring for and taking responsibility somebody other than yourself terrifying?

I feel like many (of certain political views...) have been convinced that "me, me, me" is most important in life. Screw families, screw community, screw society!

I mean, in one sense I am not terribly upset that these types of folk are crippling themselves to not being able to reproduce, but in another breath, I feel if you get it done at a young age, you are going to suffer from terrible regret later in life.

It's a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshtildeath View Post
    And you clearly think the world is black and white. i mean im not going to try and reason with someone who says mutilating themselves is an enhancement. Biologically you are worthless in every aspect, mentality included. You cut your line. Thousands of years of evolution, you ancestors fighting to survive to carry on your bloodline, waging wars, going through famine, living through it all just for you to cut your balls off partially. Your ancestors are rolling in their graves and you think you are doing yourself and the world a favor, you sound like dexter to me lol. You are 20, you are young and stupid and made a possible permanent decision. My goals and interests are nothing of what they were when i was 20. you think too highly of yourself. maybe it is better you dont ever reproduce and create another meat bag of worthless cuck mentality to the genepool. Glad your line is filtered out, literally natural selection at work, you eradicated yourself, nature recognized you are weak and fixed it.
    Well said m8

I think money causes infertility. Poor people don't have problems reproducing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

I mean, I can understand getting it done when you are older and have a family....

What is with this fad of loathing children? Is the idea of caring for and taking responsibility somebody other than yourself terrifying?

I feel like many (of certain political views...) have been convinced that "me, me, me" is most important in life. Screw families, screw community, screw society!

I mean, in one sense I am not terribly upset that these types of folk are crippling themselves to not being able to reproduce, but in another breath, I feel if you get it done at a young age, you are going to suffer from terrible regret later in life.

It's a real shame.
    Why is not breeding selfish? I'd say the selfish ones are those who just have to keep pumping out children in order to satisfy some sort of primal instinct.

We have fewer resources by the day, and there are people who have 3 or more children.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I think money causes infertility. Poor people don't have problems reproducing.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is not breeding selfish? I'd say the selfish ones are those who just have to keep pumping out children in order to satisfy some sort of primal instinct.

We have fewer resources by the day, and there are people who have 3 or more children.
    I can agree some people have too many children, but cutting all means of reproduction off seems a bit drastic.

Also, can you please let me know when you ever have suffered from any "lack" of resources?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    No, this shouldn't be made into a holiday. People should be able to handle that business on their own, within their control without outside pressures to get them to snip. Sure I love life without children, hell it's fucking amazing - but I'm not under pressure to snip because of a holiday either.

I can agree some people have too many children, but cutting all means of reproduction off seems a bit drastic.

Also, can you please let me know when you ever have suffered from any "lack" of resources?
    Well in the US we don't have the catastrophic levels of starvation or drinking water of other countries. It's almost as if we don't have too many people to feed or supply drinking water to. Maybe we should try and breed our way into being another Africa or India.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

#FreeThePenis!!!!!

I want to live in a world where penises can roam free and unrestrained!!!

So fuck Vascetomy Day!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    All you breeders crack me up, no question about it. But maybe I was unclear. I think they should be subsidized for those who can't afford but want them. I wasn't in that boat. Saved up and paid cash for it; 2nd biggest purchase to that point in my life ( first was my first car).

Fatherhood is neither a responsibility I want nor an expense I'm prepared to accept. If something takes my money and my time, then it is my choice to participate or not.

" But < insert deity's name here > says we should!" ...... I could not care less about your unprovable stuff. Live by it if you want and please keep it to yourself.

" But the western population will collapse!" ........ So?

I'll say what I say about almost everything in life: What's in it for me?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchest View Post
    True, compared to the poorest parts of Ethiopia where they have like 8 or 9 on average. But the poorest in the US still breed way too much, having on average between 2 and 3 kids when they cannot afford...
    We kinda need people in order to have a country.

white people are already dying out

This is already a holiday in other places? (And no I don't think it should)

I don't have a problem with helping those who want it to get it, but it shouldn't be a huge holiday or anything like that.

Infractions: 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep that scalpel away from my dick!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    white people are already dying out
    What?! For real?! Where I see white folks everywhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Better decision would be to stop having sex with random people.
    Just because someone doesn't want kids doesn't mean they're sleeping around with random people. I could be with the same girl for the rest of my life and wouldn't ever want a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Keep that scalpel away from my dick!!

- - - Updated - - -

What?! For real?! Where I see white folks everywhere!!
    yep, we'll be extinct in 400 years at the current rate
    you dont notice because you probably live in a white country
    but every caucasian country is in demographic winter due mainly to low birthrates

in order for a people to sustain itself you have to have atleast 2.1 children on average per household
    if you dont, you can't replace the people who die

What is with this fad of loathing children?
    Not a fad for me, I've never wanted kids. And while I never got snipped, I certainly considered it.

I don't see the need for a national holiday around it, I'm not sure it's even that expensive a procedure anymore so I'm not sure I see the need to subsidize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just because someone doesn't want kids doesn't mean they're sleeping around with random people. I could be with the same girl for the rest of my life and wouldn't ever want a child.
    I could buy that argument for people who refuse to use any form of birth control including condoms and abortions.
    If someone feel secure about it and have faith in their view on children wont change and the lenght of their relationship why not but vasectomy should be the last resort due to its so far being irreversible.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Yes I remember my 20s when I thought I knew everything too. Lucky for you, you can get that reversed if you grow up and decide you want kids. And if you grow up and decide you still don't want kids, I guess you got that covered if somewhat unecessarily permanently.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Implying kids who become artists are less "valuable" than kids who enter a STEM field. Hint: They are not.
    Well yeah they are. I would rather 100 scientists than 100 artists. At least science does something for the World.

Though Artists are still more useful than people with Gender Studies Degrees I guess.

It's a real shame.
    What's the point of waiting until you're already stuck with kids before you make sure you can't have any? It shouldn't be that difficult to understand that some people simply don't want them and aren't ever going to.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchest View Post
    I love the idea of a Vasectomy day. We should make this a national holiday, everyone gets a day off so they can get a vasectomy. Vasectomies should also be fully subsidized IMO in the US. I am Childless by choice and am very proud of my decision not to breed. I minimize any risk of financial ruin.

Check out:http://www.worldvasectomyday.org/

Ultimately the idea of World Vesectomy Day

These are all great reasons to increase access to sterilization.

The case for increasing access to sterilization in the US. The fact remains; sterilization for women has been covered under Obamacare, but why isn't it covered for men? Here in the US the price ranges from 300-3000 dollars. Not anyone can afford that. Here in the us, the birth rate among those earning under 10,000 a year is twice that of those earning 75,000.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ome-in-the-us/

If we are serious about controlling poor fertility rates in the US and bringing it down lower, we need do more make ALL forms of birth control desirable and accessible. including sterilization of men. Close to half of all US births are unintended pregnancies. This is ridiculously high and unacceptable.

From the CDC

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...es-poor-women/

This is alarming. There needs to be more action to reduce fertility rate among poor Americans so less children grow up in horrible conditions and so adults have a easier time getting out of poverty.
    I second the notion of subsidizing it.

How the hell did you find a willing doctor?