Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1920~s... etc.... could be interesting if this is some form of Indiana Jones-type adventure "see the world and amazing things" setup.

Thats just a wild guess though, and I doubt its anywhere close to accurate.

Deleted
    The modified Hedwig theme - chill inducing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wasn't interested in this movie when I first heard about it/watched the announcement trailer, but after watching the new teaser I am now intrigued.

Im loving those 1920s Private Detective looking wizards Hat and trechcoat and all

Deleted
    Gonna watch it on a some stream site.

I never had a chance to read the HP novels when they were popular, nor see the movies when they premiered. Having just seen the entire film saga for the first time at home last year, I'm very excited to get on board for the start of a new series without needing to read any of the books before (since the new film trilogy is being written by Rowling and is a movie original plot, not an adaptation). Looking forward to it!

Trilogy? It'll be 3 films? Christ, talk about milking.

First reviews are rolling, and they are pretty positive. Going to be watching it Thursday, pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You misspelled five.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/fa...es-1201888226/

The movies will cover a period of 19 years, ending in 1945 (the year Dumbledore and Grindelwald had their big duel).

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's been expanded to five.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's been expanded to five.
    It's an old comment, everybody doesn't need to point it out

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The movies will cover a period of 19 years, ending in 1945 (the year Dumbledore and Grindelwald had their big duel).
    Sounds like Wizard Nazis are going to factor into this. Hopefully the original story being written for the film format first will allow the audience to better experience it than the first eight adapted films.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It's an old comment, everybody doesn't need to point it out
    I didn't notice the date!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 9/10

This is my favorite film of the year! The world actually feels like it exists beyond the story we're shown. The plot isn't your stereotypical "the world is in danger of ending" blockbuster script and actually feels urgent (even though if you've ever read the HP novels, you know the magical world remains a secret), and the antagonists aren't hammy card-carrying villains but actual people with motivations and backgrounds. The jokes are pretty funny, and the CGI is great (still noticeable, but if you immerse yourself in the film you will believe that they are actually there).

My only complaint (the reason this isn't a 10/10) is that the (ending spoilers) Congress of Magic are karma-houdinis; they operate on "guilty-until-proven-innocent" and basically condemned a couple suspects to death WITHOUT TRIAL (ironic given they live in AMERICA, where constitutionally you're innocent until proven guilty and entitled to a trial before any condemnations). They killed another suspect without offering him surrender first. Yes, he was destroying the city and killed people, but they have no way of knowing whether or not he did so with intent (also ironic given that they live in America, where the policy for police is to offer suspects a chance to surrender before going after them with lethal force). For God's sake, their SUPERIOR OFFICER (even though he was the big bad, he was still their superior officer legally) ORDERS them to CEASE FIRE and they just go ahead and kill Credence the moment they find him. When they portaled in, he was NOT ATTACKING anybody; he was just hovering over the train tracks a hundred feet away. There is absolutely no reason they could not have just politely asked him to calm down, and if he did attack it would still take him at least three seconds to get to them, by which time he'd have been killed by defensive fire so they were safe anyways. In the end, their head representative basically says "yeah, we are sorry you turned out to have been innocent after all, get out" isn't redemptive in any way. The least they could've done was acknowledged that their policies need changing. By the end of this film, I was BY FAR more angered by the Congress of Magic than by Grindelwald, who, speaking of which, we are only told is a bad guy as opposed to shown, and even then his actions at the end of the movie don't appear particularly evilish; in a way the film portrays him as good guy for trying to get Credence to stop rampaging, only straying into villainous territory by attacking our protagonists. We are SHOWN the Congress of Magic being villainous, and by the end they definitely come off as the true big bads of the movie. This is a failure that prevents me from giving it a 10-out-of-10.

Anyways, I would absolutely recommend this film; it's fun and family friendly, and if nothing else I am definitely looking forward to the sequels. I can't wait!

- - - Updated - - -

I went to the movie with OK expectations, but it actually turned out better than that.
    I can agree with the few logical holes mentioned, but otherwise it was good.
    P.S.
    Could say that it has little connection to the original 7 movies, just doesn't feel like them. Not a bad thing, thou.

Deleted
    I just saw the movie. It was better than I expected, really liked the characters, and even though there are some logical plotholes I loved the movie, will see the next one.

i guess in the magical world, logic doesn't really apply, muggle logic anyway. I enjoyed that alot, wsa fun easy going entertainment with lots of wonder. Highly recommend as a family movie, especially with children