Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm balding but have long hair.

Had long hair for three years now. It's all I wanted once I graduated private high school. I finally get my taste of freedom and three years down the line I'm losing my hair on the top of my head, and this weekend I finally have to come to terms with it and cut it off.

Honestly, it's a pretty tough transition. I've always been the long hair guy, because I've always kept it clean and it always looked nice. But this weekend... yeah, I have to come to terms with the fact that it doesn't look good anymore. I want long hair only if it means having a full head of it, none of the draped down the sides crap.

So in this tough transitional period, I'm curious to see who else on this forum has had to go through this. Not specifically having long hair and balding, but who has had to say a tough goodbye to their hair because nature has a cruel sense of humor?
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

Talk to a doctor about that if it bothers you a lot.

Deleted
    Get over it you are not your hair

Quote Originally Posted by Jaemeson Foster View Post
    Had long hair for three years now. It's all I wanted once I graduated private high school. I finally get my taste of freedom and three years down the line I'm losing my hair on the top of my head, and this weekend I finally have to come to terms with it and cut it off.

Honestly, it's a pretty tough transition. I've always been the long hair guy, because I've always kept it clean and it always looked nice. But this weekend... yeah, I have to come to terms with the fact that it doesn't look good anymore. I want long hair only if it means having a full head of it, none of the draped down the sides crap.

So in this tough transitional period, I'm curious to see who else on this forum has had to go through this. Not specifically having long hair and balding, but who has had to say a tough goodbye to their hair because nature has a cruel sense of humor?
    Yeah, long hair from 14-22, that long curly hair that women spend a fortune on at the salon to get. Started thinning and then falling out a bit when I was 20, by 22 it was horrible and was cut down military style, didn't like that so I went full shave on the head. I've got the classic Mr. Clean head, shiny and all so it actually works but a part of me when I see pictures of me as a kid wishes I still had all that hair.

Unless you have a ton of cash, just accept what is and make it look presentable. Don't end up with the Skullet, that's for sure.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Preacher when I was a kid was bald on top. He was also a barber so he cut his own hair. He let one side grow wayyyy long and then just flipped it over to have hair on top. I have a receding hair line and I've thought about it but I'd probably end up looking like Trump.

Sorry about your emotional pain.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You could always put on a baseball hat and pull the pony knot through the hole in the back. That's a standard look for old worn out hippies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You could always put on a baseball hat and pull the pony knot through the hole in the back. That's a standard look for old worn out hippies.
    That looks silly.
    He should go with short hair and get over it only choice.

Deleted

Happens to the best of us. shave that head! DO IT!

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    That looks silly.
    He should go with short hair and get over it only choice.
    It was at the point over summer when I could do that and it would be alright (put the ponytail behind the cap). However, now it's at the point where once i remove the cap it's very obvious that I'm trying to hide it. It's part of growing up. I have to accept it. Some people accept diabetes. Some people accept bad acne. Some people accept bad teeth. Some people accept dead best friends.

I have to accept thin hair.

I think I'm pretty fortunate.
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Deleted
    It was at the point over summer when I could do that and it would be alright. However, now it's at the point where once i remove the cap it's very obvious that I'm trying to hide it. It's part of growing up. I have to accept it. Some people accept diabetes. Some people accept bad acne. Some people accept bad teeth. Some people accept dead best friends.

I have to accept thin hair.

I think I'm pretty fortunate.
    Dat fatalism really I don't want to do the confidence routine with people who have short hair or no hair at all.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Going bald is probably a hard thing to get used to, but you are making the right decision in cutting your hair shorter. Honestly, baldness isn't really all that negative anymore. Get a good barber that knows what he is doing and get a nice cut and own it. Be confident and others wont even notice. Some people look better bald in my opinion.

Classic example would be Sean Connery. He went from a full head of hair to bald. 0 people cared, women still find him sexy as hell, men still want to be like him.

Hair transplant or some prescription drug. Talk to a dermatologist. You're not Sean Connery. You're not Kelly Slater. You're not Vin Diesel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Hair transplant or some prescription drug. Talk to a dermatologist. You're not Sean Connery. You're not Kelly Slater. You're not Vin Diesel.
    The secret is he wasn't before.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The secret is he wasn't before.
    He's probably not going to look as good bald. Why not keep his hair by putting a cream on at night and swallowing a pill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    hahaha hehehe hohoho

didn't stop him from becoming the man on the 100 dollar bill, now did it OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what you do.

Let it grow long,
    Comb it over, and...

Make America Great Again!!!

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    No he probably isn't, there can be only one Sean Connery. In the end you should accept who you are. It would be best.
    Its almost all about confidence, that's the real turn on.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2015-11-05 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pray to the gene therapy gods. It's genetic and with gene alterations we can probably get hair to grow again. Otherwise blame mom and dad for the balding gene.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Pray to the gene therapy gods. It's genetic and with gene alterations we can probably get hair to grow again. Otherwise blame mom and dad for the balding gene.
    Actually I think its your mothers father that's to blame, that's what I remember from biology.