Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaemeson Foster View Post
    Had long hair for three years now. It's all I wanted once I graduated private high school. I finally get my taste of freedom and three years down the line I'm losing my hair on the top of my head, and this weekend I finally have to come to terms with it and cut it off.

Honestly, it's a pretty tough transition. I've always been the long hair guy, because I've always kept it clean and it always looked nice. But this weekend... yeah, I have to come to terms with the fact that it doesn't look good anymore. I want long hair only if it means having a full head of it, none of the draped down the sides crap.

So in this tough transitional period, I'm curious to see who else on this forum has had to go through this. Not specifically having long hair and balding, but who has had to say a tough goodbye to their hair because nature has a cruel sense of humor?
    The exact same thing happened to me. Had long hair for close to a decade (14 to 24), and then the receding started to bother me to a point where it affected my confidence.

So now I just buzz it off (clippers, not shaving) once every two weeks or so. I still have hair (it's thinning now that it's finished receding, apparently!), but it's never going to look good long again. It was tough for me in the first few months, but a year has passed and I'm totally happy with my looks now. Balding's not that bad if you've got the face for it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Actually I think its your mothers father that's to blame, that's what I remember from biology.
    Don't know if that's entirely true. When it comes to genes you get two copies from your parents. Two of the same genes makes it really strong, and if you're balding at 22 or 23 then I would say both mom and dad had the gene and you got it. Dad could have only one copy of the gene, but if you got it from him and mom has another copy then you have the 100% balding gene. Where as if you had only one copy I'd imagine you'd bald in your 30's. If you have no copies then you never lose your hair.

The day I notice I'm starting losing hair will be the last day I have hair. I'm not one for half-measures. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Just gotta know how to rock a Skullet

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Just gotta know how to rock a Skullet

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3b6f766681.jpg
    Even Devy gave up mate. Saw him a couple of weeks ago and the shine was real.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Even Devy gave up mate. Saw him a couple of weeks ago and the shine was real.
    Yeah...but he rocked the skullet for a looooong time before that.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Preacher when I was a kid was bald on top. He was also a barber so he cut his own hair. He let one side grow wayyyy long and then just flipped it over to have hair on top. I have a receding hair line and I've thought about it but I'd probably end up looking like Trump.

Sorry about your emotional pain.
    No one likes a comb-over.

7+ Year Old Account
    No comb-overs, they are the worst, if you have a nice looking head clean will look best I think, but it's hard to judge from nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Yeah...but he rocked the skullet for a looooong time before that.
    I think he shaved it but regrew it somewhere around doing Infinity.