Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    D2 was easy, so it dismisses many of your points. Also, there were few cookie cutter builds that were the best ones, and neral all of them required the same items like Enigma. More customization in talent trees ended mostly with half-assed builds you would be able to finish the game anyway.
    D2 allows for a myriad different builds, many of which are quite creative. It could be that I prefer playing those "half-assed builds" because they are more interesting than the cookie cutter builds (and yes, those "half-assed builds" can indeed complete Hell difficulty if you know what you're doing). That diversification is not available in D3 due to over-simplification. So to me, D2 will always be superior to D3 for that reason alone. For me, one of the most important aspects of an ARPG is build variety. D3 completely and utterly fails in that regard.

So for me, I'd love to see a solid, stable version of D1 and D2 running on modern systems.

There is a disturbing lack of Rock 'n Roll racing being mentioned from what I've read.

I don't care about any remakes but that.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

D2 was easy, so it dismisses many of your points. Also, there were few cookie cutter builds that were the best ones, and neral all of them required the same items like Enigma. More customization in talent trees ended mostly with half-assed builds you would be able to finish the game anyway.
    You were not going to make it past 97 with a cookie cutter, nor do most of the high end shit. Cookie cutter is what got you through the 80's. But all good d2 players did thier own specs and only had a cookie cutter for leveling.

Trading was and still is a plague for D2 because of bots constantly farming and people not playing the game but just buying items - oh well, that's what nearly killed D3 at the start since everyone was buying items instead of playing.
    Bots running around didnt kill the trading in diablo 2, It was perfect, for the fact alone YOU COULD TRADE. Communitys like d2jsp are what diablo 2 should have had built in, blizzard had a chance with the AH but royally fucked it up so they could make a buck. Now its gone the route of WoW where everything is soulbound.

Oh, and the cube, that awesome recipes to improive gem quality and craft a bunch of items that you were going to replace anyway.
    You obv never delved into the high end cube patterns, Go look it up please, there were more than upgrading gems and crafting shit items. Also some of the best hands and boots were crafted in d2.

This said, D3 is far from being the perfect game and still cannot compete with the D2 legacy. However, the road it has taken is pretty good and given time the game is improving every patch.
    Diablo 3 is a ok game on its own, but its not a diablo game, its set in the universe but nothing remotly like d2, blizzard used the d2 success to sell d3 and because they failed in rehiring the men that made d2 great they pushed thier own shity casualized version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    What improvements? The windowlicking friendly skill system? The oh so improved gems? The lack of cube recipies that rival the hodric cube from d2? The lack of runes into diablo 3? How about the constant hand holding from start to finish of the quests? The lack of trading in the game since they fucking the AH? Man all those improvements.
    What was so great about the D2 skill system? Do it right or delete your character because you made some poor choices. "LOL! FIRE SKILLS? ENJOY ALL THESE IMMUNE ENEMIES, IDIOT!" Besides, it was basically,"pick these skills AND NOTHING ELSE, max them out and use a handful of different attacks". Especially post-synergies.
    At least the D3 system allows you to change on the fly when you're bored without having to restart the same class from square one.

Gems were awful. Maybe they were OK if you had a load of perfects at minimum level (sub 20 iirc), but that's really it. They were, what, like "+3-18 frost damage" or something. Can't even remember.

Were there any good cube recepies outside of "merge these three things for the next tier" or for quest items? I vaguely remember reading some list a million years ago and going "Muh. Fuck it!"
    Besides, isn't that what the Blacksmith and crew are for now?

You didn't need handholding in D2 as you just ran around in the area you were told to go to until you found the enterance to wherever it was you were going on the next step. Not exactly complicated.

Runes were good? They were so powerful, they made everything else redundant. And it was practically impossible to gather the best ones in a legit manner.

I don't see the point in trading, not now that it's possible to get good things anyway. If that was such an important aspect to you, then fine. You cared, I didn't. I'll leave it at that.

---

What I got out of your reply was basically this: You seem agitated by the fact that I don't share your preferences. You also seem to think that people need to justify their opinion on a subjective matter if it deviates from yours. I don't.

If I prefer D3 to D2, I need no further justification other than "I had more fun".

---

EDIT: How about we just conclude that we disagree and we can stop this thread from derailing?

Jokes on you all. It's probably remakes for mobile devices.

HA!
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    Jokes on you all. It's probably remakes for mobile devices.

HA!
    Dungeon Keeper style?

"Pay 3500 premium crystals or your Command Center takes five months to complete!"

... you know... for realism. It helps immersion!
    Last edited by mmocb5a3e46746; 2015-11-07 at 06:20 PM.

Do it right or delete your character because you made some poor choices.
    Someone should read the patch notes and lookat the respec token.

Were there any good cube recepies outside of "merge these three things for the next tier" or for quest items? I vaguely remember reading some list a million years ago and going "Muh. Fuck it!"
    Besides, isn't that what the Blacksmith and crew are for now?
    If only there was a place you could go to look up cube patterns?

You didn't need handholding in D2 as you just ran around in the area you were told to go to until you found the enterance to wherever it was you were going on the next step. Not exactly complicated.
    Ill take freedom vs a game on rails anyday, Considering you could beat hell and miss over half the quests, i like the freedom alot more than handholding.

Runes were good? They were so powerful, they made everything else redundant. And it was practically impossible to gather the best ones in a legit manner.
    RNG is RNG bro.

I don't see the point in trading, not now that it's possible to get good things anyway. If that was such an important aspect to you, then fine. You cared, I didn't. I'll leave it at that.
    yeh fuck the community, why should you have a reason to interact with other people right? You know all that shit gear you get thats NOT for your toon when your farming in d3? Wouldnt it be nice to pass to an alt or trade to other people for shit you could use?

Seems in your case ignorance is bliss on this matter.

Deleted
    Someone should read the patch notes and lookat the respec token.
    Which was added years after I stopped playing. Also, totally going to waste time studying up on a game I stopped playing a decade ago.

If only there was a place you could go to look up cube patterns?
    I said I did. And found it not worth the bother. You fail at reading comprehension.

Ill take freedom vs a game on rails anyday, Considering you could beat hell and miss over half the quests, i like the freedom alot more than handholding.
    What freedom? Also, all the quests were fixed.

RNG is RNG bro.
    And a Zod Rune was like 20k on Ebay.

yeh fuck the community, why should you have a reason to interact with other people right?
    What little exposure I had to "the community" wasn't exactly great for my part. Especially all that "LOL HOSTILE LEVEL 99!!!1111" bullshit.

You know all that shit gear you get thats NOT for your toon when your farming in d3? Wouldnt it be nice to pass to an alt
    Yelling at me for not knowing stuff about the game while not knowing that the D3 stash is shared. Nice.

or trade to other people for shit you could use?
    Not really. I played D3 exclusively with my brother, a person I know I like and can trust. Twincaders are awesome.

Seems in your case ignorance is bliss on this matter.
    "I'd rather be stupid and having fun than bored out of my massive, ingenous skull"
    - Yahtzee

Also, I see you dutifully ignored this bit of my post:

What I got out of your reply was basically this: You seem agitated by the fact that I don't share your preferences. You also seem to think that people need to justify their opinion on a subjective matter if it deviates from yours. I don't.

If I prefer D3 to D2, I need no further justification other than "I had more fun".

Anyway, if you're gonna rant back at me, be my guest. I'm gonna back down now and try to stay on topic.
    If you want to consider that a victory, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This said, D3 is far from being the perfect game and still cannot compete with the D2 legacy.
    Eh, they're not even the same type of game anymore. The lifeblood of D2 was trading. D3 doesn't even have trading.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, one more debate of the kind, "What, you prefer game X to game Y? What a fool, game Y is way better!". I personally liked both D2 and D3, and both got repetitive and tiresome after a while. If I were to pick the one I liked better, I'd say D2, but it probably had to do with me having different interests back then. Nowadays I do not play hack'n'slash games and prefer something more intellectually taxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    how long before people start crying about
    HD Vanilla servers ?
    If Darsithis makes good on his promise to lock all threads demanding for legacy servers, we won't have to worry about that.

Old servers are pretty much dead or filled with bots so who cares?

They would need far more than one person to do this, fixing resolutions for modern monitors and making sure it runs on current generation OS's could all very easily fall under that. Besides if current generation gets to see a hd remake of diablo 2 , the d3 population will drop like a rock once everyone realizes how shit d3 is compared to d2.
    D2 was decent back in the day, nowadays people just don't want to play a game with no replay value or skill diversity for a longer period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

And a Zod Rune was like 20k on Ebay.
    What mystical land was a zod rune 20k dollars on ebay? I played the game from release up till d3 released and i dont think i ever saw it more than 10dollars on item selling websites.

What little exposure I had to "the community" wasn't exactly great for my part. Especially all that "LOL HOSTILE LEVEL 99!!!1111" bullshit
    Playing non ladder or open bnet does that, thats why there is ladder.

D2 was decent back in the day, nowadays people just don't want to play a game with no replay value or skill diversity for a longer period of time.
    Do tell how d3 has more replay value than ladder d2?

Would love to play D2 again at 1440p doesn't work on my modern pc and I can't stand 800x600 now, that's like playing PoE hahah

10+ Year Old Account
    What mystical land was a zod rune 20k dollars on ebay? I played the game from release up till d3 released and i dont think i ever saw it more than 10dollars on item selling websites.
    I definitely remember someone mention buying zod for $300 on e-bay back in 2001 or so. Doubt of 20k though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Changed builds, and now new content and areas added. End game mechanics also change.

Not being 100% baal farming? Inb4 farming old mini-bosses for stupid keys for recolored bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Not being 100% baal farming? Inb4 farming old mini-bosses for stupid keys for recolored bosses.
    Arnt you just farming rifts at max level? ANd when not doing that you farming keys for more rifts? Yes rifts is randomized between a few areas but its the same shit. And you only farmed baal for exp, you did chaos as well. for drops you did more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    There is a disturbing lack of Rock 'n Roll racing being mentioned from what I've read.

I don't care about any remakes but that.
    lol, that's what I want to see!

Deleted
    You know what, Zeta? You don't seem to understand how anyone can hold an opinion that differs from yours, nothing short of surgery will get this through your skull, evidently. You treat D2 like it's your religion and like you're God's chosen champion of truth, hellbent on informing everyone on why their subjective preferences are wrong. There doesn't seem to be much point in having any sort of discussion with you until you understand how opinions work. Or how people are entitled to have them.

D3 has more replayability, and playability, because it is more fun.

As far as 20k goes, I'm just going by my memory of a decade old anecdote. Might have been SEK, might have been blown out of proportions. Might be like the McDonalds coffee-lady and it was misrepresented. Might even have been something some random guy made up and I swallowed it up. Whatever. I admit I was more than likely wrong there.
    You still haven't explained what was so bloody brilliant about the runewords themselves, though.

I suspect is going to be impopular with you and it is frankly dangerously off topic, but still:
    Reach is and will always remain the best Halo game. I'm not going to elaborate. I'm not going to justify it. I will simply state that it is my opinion.
    An opinion no less nor more valid than yours.

Can we stop this childish back-and-forth bickering now and let this thread get back on track?