Poll: What do you think about it?

Page 1 of 38
... LastLast
    Deleted

"We support the right to freedom of conscience", Abortion in Sweden

So, basically, the Christians are wanting to introduce freedom of conscience regarding abortions in the healthcare. Right now there is no freedom of conscience, because everyone working in healthcare professions abide under the national board of health and welfare's rules/guidelines, which means refusing to perform an abortion is against the rules and could mean you possibly losing your job or even your license to work in the profession you have a license for if it goes that far. Hopefully the government won't actually bend over for these movements/organizations/political parties that demand it.

I, myself, abhor the thought of freedom of conscience in regards to abortions, because your access to quick and safe healthcare shouldn't depend upon who it is that you get at first, you shouldn't have to potentially go through a lot of people to get what you sought help in the healthcare for.

What do you people think about freedom of conscience in the healthcare? Should it be introduced there? Should it be kept for the patients access to quick and safe healthcare?

Here's a link to what they've said: http://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/article21554135.ab (Might want to use google to translate it, should be able to understand the gist of it with it I hope)

So, basically allow peoples religious views get in the way of them doing their job? Absolutely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

This is something which should be discussed and made clear in the employment contract.

Yeah this is just idiots creating more straws to grasp at. Next up: "freedom of conscience" for conducting gay marriages so that the bigots don't have to look at the gays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    So, basically, the Christians are wanting to introduce freedom of conscience regarding abortions in the healthcare. Right now there is no freedom of conscience, because everyone working in healthcare professions abide under the national board of health and welfare's rules/guidelines, which means refusing to perform an abortion is against the rules and could mean you possibly losing your job or even your license to work in the profession you have a license for if it goes that far. Hopefully the government won't actually bend over for these movements/organizations/political parties that demand it.

I, myself, abhor the thought of freedom of conscience in regards to abortions, because your access to quick and safe healthcare shouldn't depend upon who it is that you get at first, you shouldn't have to potentially go through a lot of people to get what you sought help in the healthcare for.

What do you people think about freedom of conscience in the healthcare? Should it be introduced there? Should it be kept for the patients access to quick and safe healthcare?

Here's a link to what they've said: http://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/article21554135.ab (Might want to use google to translate it, should be able to understand the gist of it with it I hope)
    I kinda feel you should be allowed to exclude yourself from murdering babies if you are a doctor personally.

You can argue that it isn't a person yet but if you leave it alone and it would be born to me your argument kinda falls apart.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine in the private sector, but all public healthcare employees should provide everything that the system allows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I kinda feel you should be allowed to exclude yourself from murdering babies if you are a doctor personally.

You can argue that it isn't a person yet but if you leave it alone and it would be born to me your argument kinda falls apart.
    But they don't don't "murder babies" for the hell of it... The only time a normal doctor would perform such a procedure is if the life of the mother is at risk because of the pregnancy.

Where is the logic behind letting both of them die to appease your morals?

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Yeah this is just idiots creating more straws to grasp at. Next up: "freedom of conscience" for conducting gay marriages so that the bigots don't have to look at the gays.
    I think a individual should have the right to not do something... It kinda scares me you believe otherwise. Why is it you feel people opposed to gay marriage should be forced to conduct them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    But they don't don't "murder babies" for the hell of it... The only time a normal doctor would perform such a procedure is if the life of the mother is at risk because of the pregnancy.

There are exceptions of course but let us not pretend that abortions are only done due to medical necessity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

What? Abortion is on demand up until the 18th week.

I think a individual should have the right to not do something... It kinda scares me you believe otherwise. Why is it you feel people opposed to gay marriage should be forced to conduct them?
    So if it's against my conscience to have to work for salary, it's not cool for employer to fire me?

The only people who are "forced" to marry homosexual couples are government officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    "its my personal belief that i shouldnt do the job i was hired to do" yeaa... that can be applied to a lot of other places as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So if it's against my conscience to have to work for salary, it's not cool for employer to fire me?
    I highly doubt there are not other tasks that need to be done the doctors could perform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    If you have a religious/moral problem with abortion, dont work as an abortionist or have an abortion. It's that simple.
    I think the context here is that they are having it shoved upon them rather then choosing it as a career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical stunted conservative logic: harm as many people as possible because "fairytales."

Wish these people would remove themselves from society. Tired of the damage they gleefully cause.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I was so lucky, after being hired for a high pay but brutal labor job I found my god in the flying spaghetti monster and he states that labor is a straight ticket to hell. Thankfully I can't be fired for not doing my job thanks to freedom of conscience so now my employer cannot be rid of me and must pay me while I do zero work. I misunderstood this subject for a long time now but I finally realize Religion is great!

After all an individual should have a right to do something...or in this case, nothing but retain their job and still get paid. It'd be scary otherwise!

I highly doubt there are not other tasks that need to be done the doctors could perform.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the context here is that they are having it shoved upon them rather then choosing it as a career.
    Yeah, but you don't see how it can be applied to everything? Why should you be allowed to refuse doing your job, but I couldn't on another sector?

I think it's fine, aslong as there is another doctor available at that place that is willing to do it. I also believe it should be stated in the contract though, instead of being a 'law'.
    Point is anyway, I'm pretty sure someone will do a better job then someone else who is secretly doing it against its will.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Typical stunted conservative logic: harm as many people as possible because "fairytales."

Wish these people would remove themselves from society. Tired of the damage they gleefully cause.
    Who are they harming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    I was so lucky, after being hired for a high pay but brutal labor job I found my god in the flying spaghetti monster and he states that labor is a straight ticket to hell. Thankfully I can't be fired for not doing my job thanks to freedom of conscience so now my employer cannot be rid of me and must pay me while I do zero work. I misunderstood this subject for a long time now but I finally realize Religion is great!

After all an individual should have a right to do something...or in this case, nothing but retain their job and still get paid. It'd be scary otherwise!
    I don't you you grasp what it is a doctor does... your example makes no sense.

Who are they harming?
    Wouldn't bother with him. Other posters to have a decent discussion with.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yeah, but you don't see how it can be applied to everything? Why should you be allowed to refuse doing your job, but I couldn't on another sector?
    Because there job is massive and in extremely high demand? Why should a person who dedicated years of their life to healing people not be allowed to simply do that?