Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's November the 5th... Guy Fawkes day. Don't you cricketers do this every year? Thought it was like a national holiday, with fireworks and stuff...
    Yup, bonfire night. Remember remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot.

We celebrate an attempted large scale terrorist plot and it's pretty much done by the entire nation by firing explosives off.

Seems rather... Odd when you think about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What was he like?
    Unfortunately I think I'm 450 years late! (Not quite that old yet)

We never burnt guys though. We had the fireworks on the 5th but never burnt him up. There was also quite a few large portraits of him around in prominent places. We had Nobel laureates, England sports players and various influential people as alumni, but for some reason we celebrated the terrorist who was a different religion to the school.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-11-05 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    No weirder then most holidays. Like when the creepy old man who watches your kids breaks in and gives them presents on December the 25th.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I approve of protesting and there are a number of reasons to do so but this march is basically some fedora wearing, katana-wielding anonymous fanboys getting together and basically larping V for Vendetta.
    You know what, gathering in large groups just to gather and demonstrate peace, and what we like and don't about the current situation is great even if it isn't a protest per se. When a big group displays solidarity It's the best case scenario, when they start being violent well that's extremely counter productive, and you know that's all the news will show. I went to some big protests in nyc years back as an observer, and I'd say 98-99% of it was peaceful, but of course the news shows those idiots who do the wrong thing, and then they actually sway people who don't understand the television isn't your friend, or a reliable source.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Panic on the streets of London
    Panic on the streets of Birmingham
    I wonder to myself
    Could life ever be sane again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Yup, bonfire night. Remember remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot.

We celebrate an attempted large scale terrorist plot and it's pretty much done by the entire nation by firing explosives off.

We don't celebrate the terrorist plot, we celebrate foiling the terrorist plot.

You may well celebrate the plot, but that isn't what you're supposed to be doing.

They're starting to pick individuals and beat them/arrest them. I'm telling you eventually this will all turn on the cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveReadycheck View Post
    Panic on the streets of Birmingham
    I wonder to myself
    Could life ever be sane again?
    Somebody has already done the Smiths reference.

I referred to Operation Yewtree a few posts back, you should have quoted that and gone with "Hang the DJ".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We don't celebrate the terrorist plot, we celebrate foiling the terrorist plot.

You may well celebrate the plot, but that isn't what you're supposed to be doing.
    Whoops. I always thought I was meant to be celebrating blowing things up. So confused now.

Today was rather disappointing, it's tipping it down so no fireworks anywhere .

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a fucking warzone up here, count yourself lucky

Deleted
    Sounds like a fucking warzone up here
    Just Geordies on a night out, that.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-11-05 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Just Geordies on a night out, that.
    was waiting for this boring trite comment. Didn't expect it from someone who lives near Swansea

Deleted
    was waiting for this boring trite comment. Didn't expect it from someone who lives near Swansea
    Swansea is like a country within a country. We'd give it to England if we could.

The police need a way to disable the smart phones of the protestors, I still think ice water shot at them through a fire hose would solve so many problems. It would make sure there were no fires, it would destroy their cell phones and it would hopefully cause the protestors pain as well as possible hypothermia.

Better yet use a fire fighting plane and just drop a full load of sea water on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Swansea is like a country within a country. We'd give it to England if we could.
    No thanks, we have enough moaners up north.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The police need a way to disable the smart phones of the protestors, I still think ice water shot at them through a fire hose would solve so many problems. It would make sure there were no fires, it would destroy their cell phones and it would hopefully cause the protestors pain as well as possible hypothermia.

Better yet use a fire fighting plane and just drop a full load of sea water on them.
    Yes... remove the right to communicate and associate from people protesting tyrannical government... that'll teach em!

Frankly, the way to "fight" such protestors is to show up with warm blankets and hot tea for em. Pat em on the head and tell them to keep warm.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Frankly, the way to "fight" such protestors is to show up with warm blankets and hot tea for em. Pat em on the head and tell them to keep warm.
    Like how the pretty Hooters girls bring out free food and drinks to the ugly feminists protesting outside.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

You really want an authoritarian government that badly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay... 38, 50, 55 year old men arrested with offensive weapons including knives and gas canisters.
    Usually people that would consider that kind of outlet have grown past it when they had their moment of being pissed at society for failing miserably to get a job until they are 20-25.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

panic on the streets of birminghammmmm

15+ Year Old Account

Arbitrary authoritarian rule is what you like these days.
    A few misbehave most oftenly mingling with peaceful protestors BUT LETS GET THEM ALL!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.