Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyve View Post
    It's been 8 years, people will want change by now. I don't agree with Obama on everything, I don't think he is as bad as some claim, but 8 years is a long time.

The issue is people will just start to vote because they want something fresh, but will still vote for party lines and their typical voting patterns. They won't vote for the best candidate(s).
    For the Dems the voter turnout during non Presidential years has been dismal. 2014 voter turnout was lowest since WWII. If the Dems strategy is only to make a splash every 4 years, then they are going to lose ground in state elections. This of course leads to more gerrymandering or control by that certain party. Plus again for ObamaCare if Obama wants it not to live on life support, you need Demo or states who want to support this measure.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Gonna need you to back up that claim there hoss.
    Not sure if srs...

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Gonna need you to back up that claim there hoss.
    Voter turnout in 2014 was the lowest since WWII

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...st-since-wwii/
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    For the Dems the voter turnout during non Presidential years has been dismal. 2014 voter turnout was lowest since WWII. If the Dems strategy is only to make a splash every 4 years, then they are going to lose ground in state elections. This of course leads to more gerrymandering or control by that certain party. Plus again for ObamaCare if Obama wants it not to live on life support, you need Demo or states who want to support this measure.
    Well yea, all the effort is put into the president. Democrats basically don't even talk about congress when I think we can all agree that congress is more important than the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats have lost. Not Obama has lost.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Can't speak for other states, but I have heard it is similar in a lot of them, but the voter turnout in North Carolina is dismal among the Democrats greatly to due to the fact the we are so Gerrymandered that voting for the Democrats really is about useless currently as 1 republican vote carries as much weight as 4 democrat votes and the democrats need upwards of 80% of the popular vote even if they want 50% of the seats.

If they were to fix it where the districts were more fairly drawn, then voter turnout would improve. As well as if they threw a new option on the ballot "None of the Above" where if they won, all previous candidates are disqualified from running and a new election must take place.

Edit:

And as bad as Obama has been, we have no clue how good he COULD have been as the Republican party put their pride above the well being of the US and its people when they obstructed almost everything just because it was him, even if it would have helped us.

And as bad as he has been, he is still a massive upgrade over what could have been under Romney.

Love your signature by the way
    Last edited by Fugus; 2015-11-05 at 09:51 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaskra View Post
    It was felt here in Virginia. Democrats poured in millions and didn't pick up a single state senate seat. They only needed to take one from Republicans for a majority but couldn't even get that. I'm kinda upset over it but at the same time take solace in seeing our governor upset too.
    You can thank gerrymandering.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Funny thing is a democrat will still be elected come next Nov. People, for whatever reason only think they have to vote every 4 years for the president. The Republicans capitalize on this. I have a feeling that will change more as this country ages.
    Oooohhh a future teller, care to give me next weeks lotto numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    What's funny about these threads is apparently Obama controls state seats, senators, and governors.

Nothing else, it's all big boogeyman Obama.
    Obama is the supreme overlord of the world. A dictator who has simultaneously also done nothing during his reign. It's really quite amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Funny thing is a democrat will still be elected come next Nov. People, for whatever reason only think they have to vote every 4 years for the president. The Republicans capitalize on this. I have a feeling that will change more as this country ages.
    I think you are going to be wildly disappointed upcoming November....

It's okay though for people like you, in 8 years the democrats can have a turn again at the wheel. Then your party can have another shot at turning America into Europe 2.0 as opposed to leaving it as, you know, America.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lots of angry old white people ticked off that they don't call all of the shots anymore. No one freak out btw, I'm white. I grew up among the very people I speak of.

Decline of religion, immigrants, DEY WANNA TAKE MAH GUNZ, etc gets the dinosaurs mad. And mad old people vote.

Demographic shift to no one race having a majority can't get here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I think you are going to be wildly disappointed upcoming November....

It's okay though for people like you, in 8 years the democrats can have a turn again at the wheel. Then your party can have another shot at turning America into Europe 2.0 as opposed to leaving it as, you know, America.
    Pretty sure Trump destroyed any chance the republicans had at the general election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gerrymandering helps... Republicans can't get people to vote or agree with their inane policies, so they just minimize the voices of those that disagree with them. Or make it harder for them to vote.

Plus, you're citing the results of a midterm election with an extremely low voter turnout.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The POTUS is the leader of that party. Thus Obama is the leader of the Democratic Party. His policies or lack there of, depends how you see it. Reflects on how the Americans view that party. All the polls and stats show that Americans basically hate the shit out of our government. These results show again, at least at the state level they seem to be blaming one party more than another.
    Still not see how it's his fault.

He won both his terms. During the presidential elections, where he was actually running, people voted for him.

Heck, you could argue he won despite the unpopularity of the Democrats ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Lots of angry old white people ticked off that they don't call all of the shots anymore. No one freak out btw, I'm white. I grew up among the very people I speak of.

Decline of religion, immigrants, DEY WANNA TAKE MAH GUNZ, etc gets the dinosaurs mad. And mad old people vote.

Demographic shift to no one race having a majority can't get here fast enough.
    What a sad, xenophobic statement you have made. And quite racist as well.

The Democrats have lost their seats because common sense is again stating to prevail in this country. The Democrats have been exposed for being the reprehensible pieces of shit that they are and most people with a modicum or maturity, education, and decency have decided to show their disgust with Democrats by not electing them.

For a few short years the country went a bit delusional. Thankfully, that is not the case anymore.

The next president will be a Republican. What the Democrats have to offer - at the moment - is just absolute shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Pretty sure Trump destroyed any chance the republicans had at the general election.
    Trump won't be the nominee. I highly doubt it at least. I have a feeling he will continue to sink and sink. There are others rising.

Plus, I have a feeling despite how popular Sanders is, Clinton will still be the candidate, because she is the favorite of the DNC and mainstream left.

And I don't think Clinton has a chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Trump won't be the nominee. I highly doubt it at least. I have a feeling he will continue to sink and sink. There are others rising.

Plus, I have a feeling despite how popular Sanders is, Clinton will still be the candidate, because she is the favorite of the DNC and mainstream left.

And I don't think Clinton has a chance of winning.
    Trump doesn't even have to be the nominee, he has stained the entire republican campaign season with massive racism. It's going to be a motivating factor to the typically unmotivated democratic and centrist voters.

Deleted
    Trump doesn't even have to be the nominee, he has stained the entire republican campaign season with massive racism. It's going to be a motivating factor to the typically unmotivated democratic and centrist voters.
    \

"he has stained the entire republican campaign season with massive racism" - what a load of complete bullshit - name ONE thing Trump said that was racist. ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    \

"he has stained the entire republican campaign season with massive racism" - what a load of complete bullshit - name ONE thing Trump said that was racist. ONE!
    Mexico is sending us rapists.

HAHA Obama does't give a fuck. He just issues Executive Orders. Boom problem solved, system of checks and balances completely circumvented. Its what America needs, because he said so!

Cmon people, peace and hope!

- - - Updated - - -

Mexico is sending us rapists.
    Truth, Mexico is sending us murders too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.