On the topic of the Icy Veins guide & the DPS rotation in general.

They have the single target Battle Cry rotation down as FR > Shield Block > Battle Cry > Shield Slam > Revenge > FR > Devastate (for reset) > Shield Slam.

But I prefer to go (will leave FR/IP out as it's clear enough where they go).

Revenge > Battle Cry > Shield Slam > Devastate x2/3 > Shield Slam.

Just wondering what you guys think about this. On a single target fight, is it really worth losing a Devastate chance to reset SS for Revenge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Question @ 110, what is the Legendary that we should be hoping/going for? I really like The Walls Fell and it also doesn't have the signifier that it's "Unique-Equipped: Legion Legendary (1)" so we might be able to wear the ring AND another piece? What are the general thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    The legendary you get is totaly random as for a 2e legendary we might get it later in the expansion
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Was just looking at the legendaries, they are shit? I mean The Walls Fell is decent, but the others? We get one more "Your attacks have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage and be usable on any target, regardless of health level." We don't even have execute gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    so what intercept macros are you guys using? is there a macro syntax for target nearest ally?
    Just download and install Clique addon, makes so much easier without having to setup macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick1625 View Post
    Just download and install Clique addon, makes so much easier without having to setup macros.
    at a quick glance the only macro function it replaces is @mouseover, and for anything like @Focus, @Name, modifiers etc you will still need a macro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    I've been using:
    I'm not great with macros, but I would love one that worked like this:

If Mouseover player > Intercept Player
    If Mouseover target > Intercept Target
    If no Mouseover > Intercept Target
    Currently mine is this:

#showtooltip Intercept
    /use [@mouseover] Intercept
    /use [@target, harm, nodead] Intercept

And works like that. It let intercept at mouseover without losing the current target.
    Beware tho, the mouseover target gets the priority.

It doesn't cast intercept twice since its internal cd so you wont intercept twice on the same target if you have mouseover it and targeted.
    Just throws a little "i have no target" before charging at it if you have no mouseover and only a target, but no biggie

Cheers!
    Last edited by mmocd442012186; 2016-07-26 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    Hey all,

Been messing around with Prot the last couple of days and i'm enjoying it. But i was hoping you could help me understand a certain part of the spec/class please?

I've taken http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/w...rotection/MGTz for my talents, so is this ok to run with?

Secondly, how do i effectively use IP and FR? Do i use FR at the start of the fight and use IP when i have the Vengence buff regardless of health loss? Or do i sit on the buff until my health drops to a certain percentage to make using IP more effective? Does IP accumulate, so the more i use it the bigger the shield builds up?

Sorry if these have been answered before.

Thanks.

Assuming you have Ultimatum talented you can start like this:

Charge (Intercept) -> Shield Block -> Battle Cry -> Shield slam -> Focused Rage / Revenge (Free from crit from SS) -> (At this point you should have a good 40-50 rage) Ignore pain (will only use 30 cause of Focused Rage before hand)

From there on you just do normal rotation.

I have found this to be the optimal starter for both getting good starting threat and almost instantly a shield block + a full ignore pain up and running.

If not which I can see you dont: Then just do the same but instead of Focused Rage you use Ignore Pain there.

Regarding general use theres not really a wrong or right answer, if we're talking just 5mans, you can use it however you please, for raids and with knowledge about the boss, you should if possible save up rage so you can mitigate any big hits (if there is any) if not you just do your normal rotation and keep ignore pain up as much as possible to mitigate as much dmg as possible.

For prepatch, dmg is so low that we can pretty much keep ignore pain up 100% on almost all bosses, even mythic ones.
    Last edited by Liania; 2016-07-26 at 10:53 AM.

I prefer to go (on single target).

Intercept Ally > Intercept Target > Shield Block/Revenge > Battle Cry > SS > Devastate/FR > Devastate > Devastate.

It'll be interesting to see how the math works out on this, but personally, I don't rate the extra damage from a crit revenge higher than I do an extra 30% chance to reset an Ultimatum > Ignore Pain for free.

But you're right about being able to keep IP up all the time. Hell, I can get through Timewalking dungeons without IP dropping once thanks to NS being able to stack it high, and every heroic/mythic raid boss I've tried has me ending with close to 100% uptime at with a 1.5m absorb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Assuming you have Ultimatum talented you can start like this:

Charge (Intercept) -> Shield Block -> Battle Cry -> Shield slam -> Focused Rage / Revenge (Free from crit from SS) -> (At this point you should have a good 40-50 rage) Ignore pain (will only use 30 cause of Focused Rage before hand)

I have found this to be the optimal starter for both getting good starting threat and almost instantly a shield block + a full ignore pain up and running.

If not which I can see you dont: Then just do the same but instead of Focused Rage you use Ignore Pain there.

Regarding general use theres not really a wrong or right answer, if we're talking just 5mans, you can use it however you please, for raids and with knowledge about the boss, you should if possible save up rage so you can mitigate any big hits (if there is any) if not you just do your normal rotation and keep ignore pain up as much as possible to mitigate as much dmg as possible.

For prepatch, dmg is so low that we can pretty much keep ignore pain up 100% on almost all bosses, even mythic ones.
    Thank you for the help.

Just to clarify a bit on something you said:

Am i right to assume that with Never Surrender i will have a full shield buff using it at 100% health (Thinking your at 1% health) and 150% shield buff if i was at say 50% health? Not sure if what i'm saying makes sense and i apologise for that.

Also does IP accumulate the more i use it?
    Last edited by mmoc3168b44dc7; 2016-07-26 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Was just looking at the legendaries, they are shit? I mean The Walls Fell is decent, but the others? We get one more "Your attacks have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage and be usable on any target, regardless of health level." We don't even have execute gg.
    I believe that's for arms or fury. We have different legendaries than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    Question @ 110, what is the Legendary that we should be hoping/going for? I really like The Walls Fell and it also doesn't have the signifier that it's "Unique-Equipped: Legion Legendary (1)" so we might be able to wear the ring AND another piece? What are the general thoughts?
    I don't love the ring, only because there are 2 rings in nighthold with both haste and mastery. My personal favorite looks like the wrist, as it a) has both haste and mastery, which the nighthold bracers do not and b) 1% hp for 10 rage ends up being healing for half our hp loss as long as IP remains up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethmold View Post
    Thank you for the help.

Just to clarify a bit on something you said:

Am i right to assume that with Never Surrender i will have a full shield buff using it at 100% health (Thinking your at 1% health) and 150% shield buff if i was at say 50% health? Not sure if what i'm saying makes sense and i apologise for that.

Also does IP accumulate the more i use it?
    Ignore Pain does accumulate up to 40% of your maximum health the last I heard, but yes it does stack.

As for Never Surrender, it's a linear scaling with your missing health. So if you're at 50% health, the absorb will be 50% stronger, not 150% stronger unless you meant as a 1.5x multiplier.

Assuming one's focus was primarily on mythic+ dungeons (looks like I'll be DPSing raids), how detrimental would it be to run Into the Fray instead of Vengeance? Vengeance is undoubtedly very effective, and I can play it.. but I just don't enjoy particularly enjoy it.
    I like a little slower, more methodical gameplay - incidentally, I suppose I'm probably one of the only long-term warriors (literally day 1) that's happy to see Heroic Strike gone...
    This isn't meant to incite any arguments about preferred playstyles - I'm just flat out curious at the ramifications. My gut says it probably wouldn't be that big a deal - more active rage generation, more revenge spam for AoE DPS - but would like to know the views of others.

Just a note on how we are being perceived pre-patch.

Dropped into a quick random (Skyreach) for valor. Shammie healer last to drop in. Sees warrior. "Well shit. Warrior. I will AFK now."

I, for one, will enjoy the moment whilst it lasts until I get my face caved in a few times at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    so what intercept macros are you guys using? is there a macro syntax for target nearest ally?
    I've been using a somewhat complex one >_> Not at home at the moment, but I'll try to recreate it without errors.

#showtooltip Intercept
    /targetfriend [mod:shift]
    /cast [nomod @Target] Intercept; [mod:alt @mouseover] [mod:alt @Focus,help] [mod:alt] Intercept; [mod:shift @Target,help] Intercept
    /targetlasttarget [mod:shift]

What it does for me, if if I just tap the button, it uses Intercept on my target no matter what. If I hold alt, it'll use it on my mouseover, or my focus if it's an ally (usually my co-tank) if not applicable. Lastly, if I hold shift, it'll just use it on the nearest ally. There might be a few syntax errors in that, I want to say it took tweaking to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets is likely the strongest legendary. Either that or Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles

The Walls Fell is also good, but I think you'll get more consistent usage out of the other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets is likely the strongest legendary. Either that or Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles

The Walls Fell is also good, but I think you'll get more consistent usage out of the other two.
    So my question is, The Walls Fell doesn't have the Unique-Equipped: Legion Legendary (1) next to it... so can we technically use that and say, Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets in conjunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    So my question is, The Walls Fell doesn't have the Unique-Equipped: Legion Legendary (1) next to it... so can we technically use that and say, Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets in conjunction?
    I highly doubt it. This would give too much of an advantage to classes with a useful trait on their ring. For example, warlock (affliction I believe) has their ring "corruption slows the target by 60%". That's useless in PvE, and would make warlocks much weaker than BM hunter, which gives their pet all spec's abilities and 10% increased damage. There's no way Legion devs would put in such a blatant advantage for some classes over others. It would be a balancing nightmare to make all the different rings equal in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Jim View Post
    Currently mine is this:

#showtooltip Intercept
    /use [@mouseover] Intercept
    /use [@target, harm, nodead] Intercept

And works like that. It let intercept at mouseover without losing the current target.
    Beware tho, the mouseover target gets the priority.

It doesn't cast intercept twice since its internal cd so you wont intercept twice on the same target if you have mouseover it and targeted.
    Just throws a little "i have no target" before charging at it if you have no mouseover and only a target, but no biggie

Cheers!
    This didn't work at all for me unless I had my mouse over the target. Not sure why.

This, however, works great:

#showtooltip Intercept
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead] Intercept

My only problem with it is that it won't work if I actually target a friendly player and they have no target, and if they do, I Intercept their target but don't then subsequently attack the target they were targeting.
    Last edited by Beardyface; 2016-07-26 at 06:27 PM.