Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Are you seriously saying a gimmick is what sets warriors apart and makes them op? Cause there's blood dks right there with AMS avoiding those same abilities taking 0 damage. Warriors are op because of rage from damage taken which translates to lots of IP stacked. I just cannot fathom how blizzard doesn't grasp this simple concept and instead keeps tuning IP or rage gen from abilities.
    AMS has a 1 min CD and absorbs 30% of Max HP. Spell reflect is 25 sec and blocks all spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    AMS has a 1 min CD and absorbs 30% of Max HP. Spell reflect is 25 sec and blocks all spells.
    It actually blocks very few spells. It doesn't block the light beam from hyrja, although it does work on dark slash in maw which is odd, as 99/100 times it doesn't work on meaningful abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Herogamer555 View Post
    It actually blocks very few spells. It doesn't block the light beam from hyrja, although it does work on dark slash in maw which is odd, as 99/100 times it doesn't work on meaningful abilities.
    I haven't tested it on Dark Slash, but he's right. When we say to 'cheese' mechanics with Spell Reflect, we're not saying to Reflect the spell. THat'd be living the dream. Our 'cheesing' with it, is using a rather short CD (25 seconds), to reduce the damage of the spell by 30%. A pretty high number, for a low cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did Arcway +9 and didn't have any problem with keeping ip up or survivability in general. Alt, wish had more optimal DPS choices to group with. Ele, sub rogue, boomkin, holy priest. :P H Xavius as a side, was a joke. Wish I had the time to nolife mythic raiding again.

17% vers, 49% mastery, 7% haste, 13% crit +20% shatter bones shield slam.
    Last edited by Bethrezen; 2016-10-03 at 06:50 AM.

How about making the chance of Devastate to reset Shield Slam dependent on your current rage? I.e. at full rage you have a 30% chance to reset, at 0 rage you have 70% (or whatever) chance to reset.

does anyone here have a good pawn string for prot ? im still unsure when to take ilvl over stats

Was doing some research for gear upgrades when i saw that ask mr. Robot has alot of pvp gear as bis not sure if this is correct but looks like its vers stacking. Just wondering if this is correct cause if so i need to do some 3s tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post

so do you want all classes with same skill?
    then you ll cry becouse the game its boring... come on dude use your class, get the best of it
    All classes have their strengths and weaknesses, know about it and exploit them

Spell Reflect doesn't block all spells, blocks a lot of them. I'd take a guess that it negating Dark Slash is unintended, I wasn't aware of it until reading this thread.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

For anyone that's interested, I left some feedback on the official forums regarding the recent changes to Prot.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749207365

No one mentioned it yet?

Quote from forums:

Hey all, quick update on this. You will see this reflected in hotfix notes today, but the changes that are coming for Protection are as follow:

o Shield Slam now generates 20 Rage (was 10).
    o Ignore Pain’s maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No one mentioned it yet?

Quote from forums:

Hey all, quick update on this. You will see this reflected in hotfix notes today, but the changes that are coming for Protection are as follow:

I sense another shift in what stats to prioritize again... UGH. Time to just horde everything I get.

This would be amazing if they could adjust the talents they butchered before this.

No one mentioned it yet?

Quote from forums:

Won't this make Revenge even more worthless to press?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    I don't mind that they're making heroic charging not really worth it since they'll have essentially shifted the intercept nerf into shield slam. Revenge rage gen should be increased to 10 or 15 with best served cold as baseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Yes.
    Especially with legendary gloves. You're probably better off fishing for Shield Slam procs for the first few gcds after a shield slam. You'll likely still want to use a Revenge in the 4th gcd slot then switch to a Devastate for the 5th (to get the 20% rage on shield slam again). I'll have to sim with a spell override to see...

but blah.

Independent of what needs to be nerfed or buffed - the above is just retarded.

My devastate keyboard button will be replaced prematurely.

If I am to understand the hotfix right, they are simply nerfing the cap.

If that is the case, then this is just a buff.

It's funny, they are making Prot Warrior worse and worse to play. Now that Revenge is not worth using any more (for mitigation), they are the only Tanks with no incidental AoE in their rotation making them the only Tank that has to sacrifice mitigation to hold threat on multiple targets.

I have no idea what they are doing with this spec anymore.
    Last edited by Gaust; 2016-10-04 at 02:13 AM.

Revenge is worth using in multi-target situations. The resets on it push it over the edge into being priority over dev.

Edit: And I would guess that they're trying to find a way to nerf the class without pushing it out of raiding, as they promised before legion. This is a new thing for blizz, so I applaud them for it.

No one mentioned it yet?

Quote from forums:

So if I'm correct this is a slight nerf to our overall survivability in situations where we get most of our rage from damage taken, but a pretty decent buff in low damage situations and when doing solo stuff WQs etc.