The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going into a normal EN tonight.

From what i've seen thus far, new changes are ass.

How am I supposed to know when my revenges are free?

assuming you don't want to use mods for it the game has and internal indicator for it now. Like sword and board procs shows a red shield to the left of you, free revenge shows some yellow insignia to the right of you

testing indomitable vs devastator.

testing against the warrior hall dummy, with a 30% haste 886ilvl build, indomitable vs devastator. obviously nothing is perfect, but the gap is huge. i was also able to live almost 2 mintues longer against the dummy, the fights are a little skewed. the indom fight i only laster 3 minutes 51 seconds and the devastator fight i lasted 5 minutes 30 seconds. but just looking at HPS/DPS its a 25% gain just from that talent,

TLR you cannot take indomitable without feeling bad about yourself. it is a DPS loss, a Rage Gained Loss, a shield block uptime Loss, and a healing Loss.
    Last edited by kaganpwnz; 2017-01-11 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    testing indomitable vs devastator.

testing against the warrior hall dummy, with a 30% haste 886ilvl build, indomitable vs devastator. obviously nothing is perfect, but the gap is huge. i was also able to live almost 2 mintues longer against the dummy, the fights are a little skewed. the indom fight i only laster 3 minutes 51 seconds and the devastator fight i lasted 5 minutes 30 seconds. but just looking at HPS/DPS its a 25% gain just from that talent,

TLR you cannot take indomitable without feeling bad about yourself. it is a DPS loss, a Rage Gained Loss, a shield block uptime Loss, and a healing Loss.
    Since this gap is so huge, even if you're bad at the weaving aspect (I am just not good at watching my auto attacks) is devastator still the better choice?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Since this gap is so huge, even if you're bad at the weaving aspect (I am just not good at watching my auto attacks) is devastator still the better choice?
    unfortunately it is by a heavy margin. just the sheer amount of rage gained from devestator makes up for anything lost by indom.
    Last edited by kaganpwnz; 2017-01-11 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    unfortunately it is by a heavy margin.
    I remember saying this would happen way when we first got devestator. How it was so utterly ridiculous that we were getting, essentially the DH Demon Blades talent which was so horrendously unpopular despite being the best talent in the row.

How it was stated that there was no way devestator would dethrone the other talents or that blizzard would be so incompetent.

I hate being right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Maths for delaying abilities with Devastator
    This is about defensive only.

Priority:

1. If WA is red and you are going to rage cap, Ignore Pain
    2. If WA is not red and you are going to rage cap, Revenge -> Ignore Pain
    3. Shield Slam
    4. TC if weakaura tells you that you can TC
    5. Revenge if free
    6. Revenge if weakaura tells you that you can Revenge, and you are about to cast Ignore Pain

Thunder Clap:

No shield block gained/lost either way, because 0.3 seconds of shield block gained on average from not waiting, and in the instances where you do gain, 0.3 seconds on average lost from chance to lose second reset, which balances out to nothing

1.8 rage gained from chance to get 2 resets on average
    0.37 rage lost if you delay (10/75)*GCD

Threshold where it's equal whether you do or don't wait = (1.8/0.37)*(10/75)*GCD =~ 2/3 GCD

Therefore TC should be delayed by up to but no more than that (when known in advance)

With gloves:
    If you have the buff already, it doesn't change anything because TC and SS are both buffed by the same proportion

If you do not: ~2/3 GCD * 1.2 = ~4/5 GCD

Therefore with gloves, TC should be delayed by up to but no more than 2/3 GCD (when known in advance) unless you don't have the buff for the TC, in which case it should be delayed by up to but no more than 4/5 GCD (when known in advance).

Demo Shout changes nothing because it affects both SS and TC by the same proportion.

Revenge, when not free, should be delayed by up to a full GCD, because the gain from casting it (even with Vengeance: Revenge) is less than the average lost rage from wasting a Shield Slam reset.
    Probably a dumb question but, what percent of the time should you save rage to build up IP. It generally feels like I'm burning through revenge and have just enough for IP. I'm using the vegence talent.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I got lost and can´t recall properly... what´s the biggest dmg increase in our lvl 45 talent row? Single target.

Edit: Also, is there a WA, that is up to date? The one I found a few pages back claims to be outdated.
    Last edited by Valech; 2017-01-11 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I remember saying this would happen way when we first got devestator. How it was so utterly ridiculous that we were getting, essentially the DH Demon Blades talent which was so horrendously unpopular despite being the best talent in the row.

How it was stated that there was no way devestator would dethrone the other talents or that blizzard would be so incompetent.

I hate being right.
    That... really disappoints me. Half of why I love playing my warrior is for the full-on, button mashing play-style and I'd said I don't want to spec Devastator entirely because it completely ruins that play-style. Aaaaand now it's the best talent in that line.

Ugh.

I wish I'd bothered to level something else up to 110 because I feel like I'm legitimately not going to enjoy playing my warrior any more.

I really dislike the auto attack component and play style of devastator. In my mind, a warrior is someone that is constantly hacking trying to furiously kill someone. Devastator for me feels anti-warrior. I just sit there and auto-attack. I don't know maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance. We'll see. I still hate seeing 25% of my HP gone.

Tonight we did H EN and I died quite a bit, especially on Ursoc. I know H En for a lot of players here is easy, and of course it's anecdotal. Maybe I need to give the new spec time, so that I can get used to it. I just felt weaker on hard hitting mobs. On the whole, i'm underwhelmed, I guess I just miss the old spec. I'l keep trying and see if it grows on me. The aoe dps is really nice.

Anyone tried a mythic 10+? How does Devastator compare to what you did pre-7.1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by giovannym View Post
    Anyone tried a mythic 10+? How does Devastator compare to what you did pre-7.1.5?
    Did a few today (Bolstering/Skittish/Fortified on NA), and well prot seems really strong for M+. Skittish is frankly not even an affix to worry about anymore and I'm considering dropping Warlord's Challenge which is what I usually take during these weeks, only holding on to it because other classes openers got insanely more bursty on bosses.

Haven't noticed much of a difference at all with survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    time to buy stamina flasks ... ;p
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

well i have more hp as fury now, what an utter mess of a change for prot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    yeah fap fap fap at our M+ damage
    Is there a possibility that someone can give a talent example & Skill prior for M+ with devastator? I've been missing out on a lot it seems. I've always had the problem that i did low dmg in raids, even tho i spammed my SS and Revenge on CD while spamming devastate as filler.

Any help or tips might be helpfull for me. I also use weakaura's to track my spells and buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Okay, I got lost and can´t recall properly... what´s the biggest dmg increase in our lvl 45 talent row? Single target.
    Assuming single target without a need for burst damage, Renewed fury is your highest dps gain. AoE you should be using better served cold, and if you need burst damage avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how long devestator will go before getting nerfed. The shit is just insane right now. I may have lost raw HP, but I take so much less damage and my DPS is approaching some of the lower legendary geared folks in our raid.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. So much fun. Once you learn it, it feels super rewarding for good play, and clinching for bad play. It just feels like something that will be nerfed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think If they nerf this guardian druids and Paladins should def get one aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Coz even now they are prob still ahead defensively and offensive.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Any chances we can see updated talent build for prot warriors? Like it was, one for raids, one for leveling, etc.

Thanks in advance!

The devastator WA is currently out of date, sorry. Hope to have the rotation and WA sorted by the end of today or tomorrow.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I don't know how long devestator will go before getting nerfed. The shit is just insane right now. I may have lost raw HP, but I take so much less damage and my DPS is approaching some of the lower legendary geared folks in our raid.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. So much fun. Once you learn it, it feels super rewarding for good play, and clinching for bad play. It just feels like something that will be nerfed.
    I'm not even sure it will get nerfed at this point. Demon Blades never got a significant nerf either.