Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Me Grimlock View Post
    Hey, went back a few pages to see if this has been discussed at all - so I apologize if it has - is there a general consensus yet as to which trinkets we should be going after in NH? Specifically asking for devastator - should we be running 1 dps/1 surv or double dps? In either situation, I am thinking that the DPS trinket would be Might of Krosus for single target and Claw of the Crystaline scorpid for AoE. For the 2nd trinket slot, what would be the survival trinket we should be chasing, or if the optimal choice is a 2nd dps trinket, do we just want a stat stick, an item that has a high secondary stat and useful proc, or something like entwined elemental foci?
    Depends on the content you are raiding. If you breeze through heroic but don´t intend to do mythic, go with damage. If you struggle at any point, even if its non heroic, why would you not take two survivability trinkets? And if you are intending to do progression on mythic, two survivability trinkets are a must, too.

Personally, I´ll take the exoskeletton from Skorpyron and Infernal Contract from Gul´dan. The latter needs a bit of anticipation but the debuff can be bopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I'm absolutely loving devastator now that its been fleshed out and i've got some weakauras to help with the weaving, and the rage gain and DPS increase is awesome! The amount of IP's almost makes me not miss the 1 million or so health!

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Depends on the content you are raiding. If you breeze through heroic but don´t intend to do mythic, go with damage. If you struggle at any point, even if its non heroic, why would you not take two survivability trinkets? And if you are intending to do progression on mythic, two survivability trinkets are a must, too.

Personally, I´ll take the exoskeletton from Skorpyron and Infernal Contract from Gul´dan. The latter needs a bit of anticipation but the debuff can be bopped.
    If you're doing fairly decent progression on mythic, then go with DMF and a dps trnket. Personally, I ran with goblet and memento for Heroic, and plan on running with DMF and memento for Mythic (on tank-heavy fights, I'll go goblet and DMF).

Quote Originally Posted by Alaexaender View Post
    If you're doing fairly decent progression on mythic, then go with DMF and a dps trnket. Personally, I ran with goblet and memento for Heroic, and plan on running with DMF and memento for Mythic (on tank-heavy fights, I'll go goblet and DMF).
    Goblet & DMF is also my go-to combo, with stat-stick & DPS trinket (undecided on which for mythic) for Augur (99% magic fight).

Deleted
    Anyone having a similar experience with Nighthold trash? :P https://youtu.be/T6n2UGh78IM

Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    Anyone having a similar experience with Nighthold trash? :P https://youtu.be/T6n2UGh78IM
    Haha, that's a pretty fun little video

(And yes, both me and my co-tank have that, regardless of which toons we're on )

any tips for tanking Guldan Heroic ?

would appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post

would appreciate
    Whatya struggling with specifically?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post

would appreciate
    P1:
    You need to tank the three adds, drag them together if possible, use extra action button if you tank the felguard, avoid the laser, avoid pillars, avoid the prison.

- If you tank the fel guard, make sure not to stand in the pillars, since they stun you at spawn. Especially bad for you, since the shatter soul insta gib follows shortly. Shatter soul is also the only spell you need to use your extra action button on. If you can´t kill the felguard shortly after his cast, you have to tankswap.
    - Although the caster add is more dangerous then the felguard, you can still burst down the felguard first, even with mediocre damage, since they do not spawn at the same time
    - The caster add can be tanked but casts on random players... I believe
    - The jailer add must be tanked. If you ever happen to have several stacks of his prison debuff, that add needs to be swapped
    - We killed guldan in a splitraid last week and had no issues damagewise, even with twinks. You shouldn´t be forced to taunt anything in P1

P2:
    You need to tank Guldan, you need to tank the Dreadlord. The empowered eye of guldan can be tanked, tho I am not sure if that has any merit. You need to pay attention to fel chains, empowered fel chains and fel scythe.

- Dreadlord add needs to be interrupted, turned away from the raid and burned down asap. The tank, who is not tanking guldan will take care of him.
    - Tanks cannot stack due to the fel scythe mechanic. The dreadlord/vacant tank needs to monitor, wheather guldan currently has a stack of "Fury of the fell". He gains a stack whenever Fel scythe is triggered. never trigger fel scythe while a stack is up. Trigger fel scythe as soon as the debuff is gone. Fel scythe triggers, whenever someone is within 3 yards of range to the active tank. Both, the active tank and the person coming close to him, will receive damage.
    - taunt swap after chains
    - Below 85%, chains are empowered. That means they knock you back. Be sure to turn guldan facing into the room, otherwise you´ll get kicked out of the platform.
    - You can break empowered chains alone with the extra action button. Be sure to clearly announce, that you will do that, otherwise a poor, helpful soul, who came to save you, will die.
    - Be angry at melees, who trigger fel scythe. Be angry until they learn. Our record is 9 stacks of fury so far.
    - If guldan ever happens to have a high amount of ressources, because he wasn´t triggered often enough (hue), tell the active tank to pop a cd before you trigger felscythe. Damage of fel scythe scales with the amount of ressources guldan has.

P3:
    You need to tank Guldan. No Dreadlords anymore. Empowered eyes can still be tanked. You need to carry out flames of sargeras, if affected. You still need to handle fel scythe. No fel chains anymore.

- It depends on the instructions of your raidlead, but we do not drag guldan around. If people fail to bring out their flames debuff, it is their fail.
    - You need to track closely, wheather the active tanks is affected by flames of sargeras. That is the only time you need to taunt, but you need to do that fast.
    - On the other hand, if you are tanking guldan and become affected by flames, YOU need to move out fast. heroic leap is your friend.
    - Fel scythe is handled exactly like in p2.
    - You may want to decide to keep standing in Storm of the destroyer, if you are the active tank at that point. You can EASILY survive the blast with a minor cooldown. This has the advantage, that the boss will not teleport to you after he is done with the storm. In later stages of that phase, he will instantly summon an eye after the storm. Obviously, if he didn´t teleport, they are still stacked, which is benefitial for cleave dps. Note, that you need to tell the raid and the raidlead before you do stuff like that.
    Last edited by Valech; 2017-01-26 at 10:24 AM.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Deleted
    P1:
    You need to tank the three adds, drag them together if possible, use extra action button if you tank the felguard, avoid the laser, avoid pillars, avoid the prison.

- If you tank the fel guard, make sure not to stand in the pillars, since they stun you at spawn. Especially bad for you, since the shatter soul insta gib follows shortly. Shatter soul is also the only spell you need to use your extra action button on. If you can´t kill the felguard shortly after his cast, you have to tankswap.
    - Although the caster add is more dangerous then the felguard, you can still burst down the felguard first, even with mediocre damage, since they do not spawn at the same time
    - The jailer add must be tanked. If you ever happen to have several stacks of his prison debuff, that add needs to be swapped
    - We killed guldan in a splitraid last week and had no issues damagewise, even with twinks. You shouldn´t be forced to taunt anything in P1

P2:
    You need to tank Guldan, you need to tank the Dreadlord. The empowered eye of guldan can be tanked, tho I am not sure if that has any merit. You need to pay attention to fel chains, empowered fel chains and fel scythe.

- Dreadlord add needs to be interrupted, turned away from the raid and burned down asap. The tank, who is not tanking guldan will take care of him.
    - Tanks cannot stack due to the fel scythe mechanic. The dreadlord/vacant tank needs to monitor, wheather guldan currently has a stack of "Fury of the fell". He gains a stack whenever Fel scythe is triggered. never trigger fel scythe while a stack is up. Trigger fel scythe as soon as the debuff is gone. Fel scythe triggers, whenever someone is within 3 yards of range to the active tank. Both, the active tank and the person coming close to him, will receive damage.
    - Below 85%, chains are empowered. That means they knock you back. Be sure to turn guldan facing into the room, otherwise you´ll get kicked out of the platform.
    - You can break empowered chains alone with the extra action button. Be sure to clearly announce, that you will do that, otherwise a poor, helpful soul, who came to save you, will die.
    - Be angry at melees, who trigger fel scythe. Be angry until they learn. Our record is 9 stacks of fury so far.
    - If guldan ever happens to have a high amount of ressources, because he wasn´t triggered often enough (hue), tell the active tank to pop a cd before you trigger felscythe. Damage of fel scythe scales with the amount of ressources guldan has.

P3:
    You need to tank Guldan. No Dreadlords anymore. Empowered eyes can still be tanked. You need to carry out flames of sargeras, if affected. You still need to handle fel scythe. No fel chains anymore.

- It depends on the instructions of your raidlead, but we do not drag guldan around. If people fail to bring out their flames debuff, it is their fail.
    - You need to track closely, wheather the active tanks is affected by flames of sargeras. That is the only time you need to taunt, but you need to do that fast.
    - On the other hand, if you are tanking guldan and become affected by flames, YOU need to move out fast. heroic leap is your friend.
    - You may want to decide to keep standing in Storm of the destroyer, if you are the active tank at that point. You can EASILY survive the blast with a minor cooldown. This has the advantage, that the boss will not teleport to you after he is done with the storm. In later stages of that phase, he will instantly summon an eye after the storm. Obviously, if he didn´t teleport, they are still stacked, which is benefitial for cleave dps. Note, that you need to tell the raid and the raidlead before you do stuff like that.
    P1: Warrior should take fel guard for maximum free rage, which can be converted into nice aoe damage, as soon as all 3 adds are up.

P2: Eyes getting tanked does nothing. If you tank boss inside of the circle in the middle and stand in a triangular 3 camp setup on or next to the circle with meeles behind boss in mid, no one will get knocked down and tanks don't need to move at all, removing 1 thing everyone needs to look out for. (Am at work, if you want a video from how to setup look for the alpha heroic guldan kill video.

Fel Scythe doesn't need to be triggered every time the debuff runs out. Just do it between 30-50 energy (unless a meele fucked up and put up 5 stacks or something) Best tank to take guldan is a bear. He can break every single empowered bond alone and just keeps his 30% magic dmg reduction up all the time, so the offtank can trigger fel scythe at will without any need to call it out beforehand.

P3: First storm he only teleports. Don't move back. Second Storm he teleports AND spawns an eye, run out heroic leap back in. Third Storm he doesn't teleport and instantly casts his aoe spell.

P1:

P2:

P3:

ty very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    What addon or weak aura do you use for IP?
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    What addon or weak aura do you use for IP?
    It's WA's I made myself combined with ProtWarBar. Might've used Slootbags WA that shows IP amount number.

ProtWarBar shows the actual bar that depletes/fills up.

My Shieldblock WA's broke in that video since I just got 2-set. :P

Are any top mythic guilds using warrior tanks or are we really paper now?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mac9891 View Post
    Are any top mythic guilds using warrior tanks or are we really paper now?
    I cleared 3 Bosses on mythic so far. So, if that makes us a mythic guild, yes, mythic guilds bring warriors.

Deleted
    cleared 3 bosses aswell on mythic but i do feel like paper now, Ignore pain just doesnt scale properly so it feels rather insignificant when we try to atcively mitigate something.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    cleared 3 bosses aswell on mythic but i do feel like paper now, Ignore pain just doesnt scale properly so it feels rather insignificant when we try to atcively mitigate something.
    Can we agree, that assumptions based on feelings are problematic?

Deleted
    Cant argue with that no, but tanking also has to do with the "feeling" of the class off how sturdy it is and how it deals with dmg intake, and i believe we got the short end of the stick this patch.

Dont get me wrong though im not saying we are useless but alot of the fights in nighthold doesnt favour warriors because of all the magic dmg, yes we got spell reflection but alot of that damage isnt a single burst its most of the times a massive dot and ignore pain just doesnt hold up to it compared to what a guardian druid can pump out.

Limit used a Prot Warrior on their WF Tichondrius Mythic kill (was posted by one of their members/fans in the raid race thread): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjbnb4d1LPY

Deleted
    Limit used warrior on the only fight after the first 3 bosses, which doesnt do 50% of his dmg as magic dmg? What a surprise.