Beta rolls out this weekend.

Hope I get an invite.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Yes please brothers in Arms, hope to get in this beta test to

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Abilities will be tuned again. Bladestorm and Overpower are huge outliers at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised if something were to occur to Trauma.

As for base spells, It doesn't seem likely that Blizzard would leave a signature spell (Mortal Strike) to be as inefficient as it currently is.
    Because blizzard has never done anything like that, right?

Funny running Weight of the Earth with Titanic Might, you can huge CS uptime on AOE if you take Bounding Stride for lower leap CD.

Warbreaker = 24s
    Heroic Leap CS (Legs) = 24s
    6 seconds downtime and you can leap again, after another 6 seconds Warbreaker is also back off cooldown.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Funny running Weight of the Earth with Titanic Might, you can huge CS uptime on AOE if you take Bounding Stride for lower leap CD.

Warbreaker = 24s
    6 seconds downtime and you can leap again, after another 6 seconds Warbreaker is also back off cooldown.
    Well, as long as the spec is doomed to be boring and spammy, it might as well be OP as fuck.

I'm not sure if that's OP. Outside of Bladestorm arms AoE has never struck me as super powerful, and remember with Titanic Might you're only getting 50% benefit from Mastery. And if you're using that legendary, you can't use the whirlwind one.

Not saying it's not good, but I'm not sure if I'm convinced it will be OP lol.

Warbreaker = 24s
    Has anyone done the math on this monstrosity of justice? (read: legendaries required for engaging gameplay) Just eyeballing it, it seems like this would make Titanic Might worthwhile. It would also greatly improve the rotation I would think, probably devaluing slam to only get use as a filler when everything else is on cooldown. Or would slam still be worth the potential proc to Colossus Smash while you Colossus Smash?
    Last edited by Beardyface; 2016-05-10 at 07:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Has anyone done the math on this monstrosity of justice? (read: legendaries required for engaging gameplay) Just eyeballing it, it seems like this would make Titanic Might worthwhile. It would also greatly improve the rotation I would think, probably devaluing slam to only get use as a filler when everything else is on cooldown. Or would slam still be worth the potential proc to Colossus Smash while you Colossus Smash?
    You would only ever do this in AoE, you would never take Titanic Might single target if you are a competitive player.

It's stronger on AOE because you're comparing a maximum of 16 seconds uptime with 48 seconds uptime, will obviously depend on frequency of add waves and how long they live as to what talents we choose. I found it amusing though as without the legs you effectively only have CS for your Bladestorm burst and the rest of the time nothing.

With legs.

Titanic might = 48s up, 6 down, then you can even cast Warbreaker again for damage during your leap CS, and then having leap refresh that one and only 6s down again.
    Standard = 16s up, 14s down, 8s up, 22s down > repeat.

Legs are gonna be a must have option for AOE fights that's for sure.

Deleted
    Since the value of mastery with titanic might drops well below versatility (even considering a 100% CS uptime). It´s probably the better choice to not use titanic might and just use no mastery gear for AoE scenarios...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Since the value of mastery with titanic might drops well below versatility (even considering a 100% CS uptime). It´s probably the better choice to not use titanic might and just use no mastery gear for AoE scenarios...
    2 different gear sets, sounds eerily familiar to BrF Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Abilities will be tuned again. Bladestorm and Overpower are huge outliers at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised if something were to occur to Trauma.

As for base spells, It doesn't seem likely that Blizzard would leave a signature spell (Mortal Strike) to be as inefficient as it currently is.
    This.

I'm certain that MS and Execute will be buffed again (or other abilities nerfed to achieve the same effect), and Bladestorm will be nerfed.

- - - Updated - - -

Warbreaker = 24s
    Yep, I said the same thing the day it came out:

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I dunno about that. WW belt after Cleave is ridiculous, and AoE CS with Weight of the Earth is insane. With Titanic Might you can get 80% uptime on AoE CS before Warbreaker.
    It's extremely strong for multitarget, and no slouch for single target either. Definitely a competitive legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'm not sure if that's OP. Outside of Bladestorm arms AoE has never struck me as super powerful, and remember with Titanic Might you're only getting 50% benefit from Mastery. And if you're using that legendary, you can't use the whirlwind one.

Not saying it's not good, but I'm not sure if I'm convinced it will be OP lol.
    Obviously Bladestorm is the bread and butter, but Arms multi-target rotation is no slouch, especially with AoE CS stacking. The real nice thing about it, unlike Fury's rotation, is that Cleave - WW integrates flawlessly, while Fury runs into a slew of problems (BT doesn't Enrage on extra targets, need to use FS, rage limited Rampage, run out of rage, etc).

It's funny because it's a legendary item, lol.

Sounds like 6.2.3 arms warriors all over again, you know..... the class trinket and 2/4th set bonus?
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-05-11 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    It's funny because it's a legendary item, lol.

Sounds like 6.2.3 arms warriors all over again, you know..... the class trinket and 2/4th set bonus?
    I can see it now, just like the usual "my dps sucks" posts we see where it boils down to them not having set bonuses in T18, the advice is "yeah you need set bonuses to even function".. In Legion it's gonna be the same, some guy on his new Warrior doing poor damage and a bunch of players telling him he needs "XXX" Legendary.

Of course it appears we will be doing progression at Mythic level without either full Artifacts or Legendary items (since they are meant to be disabled). But for most players and especially as the expansion progresses it's definitely going to be a headache.. Weight of the Earth (CS legs) and Ceann-Ar Charger (Enrage Helm) are especially nice things to have, but they would be a lot nicer if they were just part of the base class.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can see it now, just like the usual "my dps sucks" posts we see where it boils down to them not having set bonuses in T18, the advice is "yeah you need set bonuses to even function".. In Legion it's gonna be the same, some guy on his new Warrior doing poor damage and a bunch of players telling him he needs "XXX" Legendary.

Of course it appears we will be doing progression at Mythic level without either full Artifacts or Legendary items (since they are meant to be disabled). But for most players and especially as the expansion progresses it's definitely going to be a headache.. Weight of the Earth (CS legs) and Ceann-Ar Charger (Enrage Helm) are especially nice things to have, but they would be a lot nicer if they were just part of the base class.
    It's funny (sad) because this 'need to have' crap with the ring currently has people (rightfully) up in arms. Welfare (for lack of better word) legendary items need to go. You never had these ridiculous requirements before WoD. People need to pick their poison, give everyone legendaries and make it a requirement for gameplay or make ledgendary items raid things again and deal with the complaints that blizzard is catering to the '1%'

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It's funny (sad) because this 'need to have' crap with the ring currently has people (rightfully) up in arms. Welfare (for lack of better word) legendary items need to go. You never had these ridiculous requirements before WoD. People need to pick their poison, give everyone legendaries and make it a requirement for gameplay or make ledgendary items raid things again and deal with the complaints that blizzard is catering to the '1%'
    Those are contradictory statements:

• "Need to have legendary needs to go".
    • "Everyone shouldn't have access to a legendary/artifact".

See, the problem is that exclusive legendary/artifacts are just that: exclusive. 99% of the player base never see them, and those who do get them are put a mile ahead of their peers due to having it.

I have no problem with wellfare legendaries; as per the above, it's just better for everyone involved. The only real complaint against it is that players don't feel "special" enough or "better than mr mccasual", and those children can get over it.

I would be less upset with things like the whirlwind belt or the bloodthirst stacking legendary. Those are simply strong without being game changing. Where as the enrage helm, execute ring, and CS legs catapult you into a different world.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I would be less upset with things like the whirlwind belt or the bloodthirst stacking legendary. Those are simply strong without being game changing. Where as the enrage helm, execute ring, and CS legs catapult you into a different world.
    I don't really see the difference. Whirlwind belt is ridiculously strong for AoE, how is that any different than the ring being ridiculously strong for Execute?

The biggest problem here is one of player perception. They see the Execute ring and, thinking of WoD Arms Execute, think it's a lot stronger than it is. Meanwhile they see the stacking Bloodthirst damage and think 6% doesn't sound like much, when it's actually really strong.

Oh and another funny thing (I'll stop my stupid sarcastic jokes, nvm... warriors are already a joke) is that legendaries don't function in pvp, so again.

#colossussmashpvp

The gear issue is usually common amongst all classes but for warriors, it's a completely different story. Don't even get me started on WOTLK warriors, it was required for you to have DBW in order to function properly or get a ton of ARP (it was a good stat, RIP).

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Oh and another funny thing (I'll stop my stupid sarcastic jokes, nvm... warriors are already a joke) is that legendaries don't function in pvp, so again.

#colossussmashpvp

The gear issue is usually common amongst all classes but for warriors, it's a completely different story. Don't even get me started on WOTLK warriors, it was required for you to have DBW in order to function properly or get a ton of ARP (it was a good stat, RIP).
    Meh, PvP players don't have much to complain about seeing as they get access to a completely exclusive talent tree, in addition to the normal one. Actually it kind of pisses me off, because those talents are actually unique and interesting unlike our recycled and watered down PvE ones.