Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    So that how it is. I finally see it now.

Thanks Archi.
    Doesn't mean Focused Rage isn't unusable. It can potentially be quite competitive from certain standpoints (example: building purely for burst cleave with Sweeping Strikes), but you have to change the rotation completely to take advantage of it, and doing so suffers in other respects. Of course, tuning is ongoing as well, so a lot could change.

Interesting factoid. Arms is currently the warrior spec which has the potential for the highest APM. I have a hunch that it's also one of the highest in the game. But as half of those buttons are off the GCD, it's not exactly a smooth rotation, it's quite a lot like the old CS window, but with Reck instead. (FR+DC+AM)
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    and cannot be dodged or parried

some people just never satisfied
    I want overpower to get a damage-bonus if you use it while wearing spiky shoulders (Like Might or wrath ones), to capitalize on the shoulder-slam animation :3

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Don't forget to spam Hamstring as well. The damage it does is very low, but it does have a rage cost, and it does count towards AM. It's free reduction that deals a minor amount of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, In for the Kill gives 40rage, but MS still spend the normal 20rage, meaning a net 20+ rage.
    mmm something tells me blizzard will not like this at all, for PvP sake I hope they remove the rage cost instead of adding a cd or something stupid.

They could simply remove the rage cost and damage portion of Hamstring, or at the very least code AM / DC to not cover the rage cost of Hamstring, but that would be to hard I bet.
    My Stream

Interesting factoid. Arms is currently the warrior spec which has the potential for the highest APM. I have a hunch that it's also one of the highest in the game. But as half of those buttons are off the GCD, it's not exactly a smooth rotation, it's quite a lot like the old CS window, but with Reck instead. (FR+DC+AM)
    It's so sad. I loved that it was low APM

Wasn't their thought process "bigger hits not as often"?

So we get...not that.

I've yet to say which option is the best, I'm just saying that it has the potential to be played that way. I'll wait a while longer with saying what's optimal.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    It's so sad. I loved that it was low APM
    It hasn't been low APM since WoD Beta, they realized it was a stupid design and ramped it up three times before live hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Wasn't their thought process "bigger hits not as often"?

So we get...not that.
    See above.

Funny reminder of how perception can matter more than reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It hasn't been low APM since WoD Beta
    I haven't played it since before MoP but I always felt that's how it should be. MS should cost 40 rage and hit double. And this 15 rage slam spam is retarded

Deleted
    They could simply remove the rage cost and damage portion of Hamstring, or at the very least code AM / DC to not cover the rage cost of Hamstring, but that would be to hard I bet.

Nah it wouldn't, merely removing spellId from the list/array.

Thanks for the tip by the way. I would've completely ignored off-gcdness of Hamstring.

Since aura-conditional macros are impossible we'll have to rely on something like this:

Code:
    #showtootlip Focused Rage
    /cast [nomod] Focused Rage
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Focused Rage
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Hamstring

Since it's an off-gcd and spammable ability my personal preference for it is mousewheel down which I would recommend to anyone willing to try.
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2016-06-18 at 08:06 PM.

I haven't played it since before MoP but I always felt that's how it should be. MS should cost 40 rage and hit double. And this 15 rage slam spam is retarded
    So you may prefer, but the overwhelming response from WoD beta was that players don't like sitting on their thumbs. If they can use an ability, they want to be able to use the ability, and they don't like waiting through 3-5s+ intervals to attack. A Final Fantasy player transitioning over to WoW might be more familiar with it, but for the vast majority, it's simply not the responsiveness that's become familiar to WoW.

My biggest consern is that now paladin abilities hit harder, and they're supposed to be a hybrid. Also there is much less "punch" when you press a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    Nah it wouldn't, merely removing spellId from the list/array.

Thanks for the tip by the way. I would've completely ignored off-gcdness of Hamstring.

Since aura-conditional macros are impossible we'll have to rely on something like this:

Code:
    #showtootlip Focused Rage
    /cast [nomod] Focused Rage
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Focused Rage
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Hamstring

Since it's an off-gcd and spammable ability my personal preference for it is mousewheel down which I would recommend to anyone willing to try.
    Sarcasm is hard to put into writing.

Also, if you guys want to see big numbers, simply use Focused Rage. After the recent change to it, it's now a very viable talent to chose. If you like that playstyle, there's no numerical downside of picking it.
    My Stream

After copying I have to say the class trinket and 4-piece makes arms a lot more fun.

My biggest consern is that now paladin abilities hit harder, and they're supposed to be a hybrid. Also there is much less "punch" when you press a button.
    Paladin finishers hit harder. You can't use finishers every GCD and you shouldn't use them while not in judgement. Honestly I don't see why all this "but they have a bigger number than us" thing is going on. The paladin gameplay is so completely boggered by that judgement window that can't reset itself that a bit more damage wouldn't hurt them.

Also, a 3 stack Focused Rage Mortal Strike hits decently hard. 750k with 810 gear, where execute does 450k with all buffs available.
    My Stream

Also, a 3 stack Focused Rage Mortal Strike hits decently hard. 750k with 810 gear, where execute does 450k with all buffs available.
    You say, based on rage spent, is more viable then execute?

And, as you said (FR+DC+AM) is competitive (based on numbers) compare to Slam spam??

FR+DC+OpS is quite viable, yes. I'll get some more good numbers before the next testing.

- - - Updated - - -

FR is not worth using sub 20% unless you have DC and Reck is up.
    My Stream

FR+DC+OpS is quite viable, yes. I'll get some more good numbers before the next testing.

- - - Updated - - -

FR is not worth using sub 20% unless you have DC and Reck is up.
    I dont know about others classes, but this build seens pretty strong on PTR. With DC you can easily 3FR on execute phase...

And if you think about it, on beta you have Shattered Defenses and Sharpen Blade (PVP).

I encourage Blizz to take a look at it, bcuz i dont want a first week nerf like others expansions!