You'd use MS even without IftK, but you'd make sure that your SD procs gets eaten up by Executes, as they tend to be bigger than your MS.

- - - Updated - - -

So... Arms just got nerfed...

Why?
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Wowhead has uploaded the beta build.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post

Why?

Yep. Damn.

Though Titanic Might is being buffed. Only 20% effectiveness is lost now.

But still, curious why. Are we over performing at the moment? Cause I see no mechanics or major trait changes to work with this.

Not sure why Arms got nerfed, but everyone else got nerfed as well, so not much changed. Nerfs to all specs across the board.

You'd use MS even without IftK, but you'd make sure that your SD procs gets eaten up by Executes, as they tend to be bigger than your MS.

- - - Updated - - -

Why?
    No damn idea.. the nerf is rather uncalled for ... esp Arms is in the middle, not the top

7+ Year Old Account

Why?
    I wasn't expecting this. Fury nerfs were expected.

And nerfing Slam? /wut? It's already pathetic.

Some shady shit is going on with the spell data, give us a few and we'll try and see what it says.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Not sure why Arms got nerfed, but everyone else got nerfed as well, so not much changed. Nerfs to all specs across the board.
    DPS DKs and Balance Druids got buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    DPS DKs and Balance Druids got buffed.
    Unholy did. Frost got nerfed. Balance needed buffing. Outlaw got slightly buffed as well, and that was needed. So, okay, most every spec got nerfed. Overall, though, this was a nerf patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

There is no change to Mutilate damage at level 110 in this build. Some data changed under the hood, but tooltips should still be showing the correct damage in-game. This applies to a number of other weapondamage-based attacks on various specs.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...46?page=22#439

These numbers are also very very specific. Like for example CS is now 202%. Why not just 200%? Likewise Mortal Strike is 327% Physical, ect. ect.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

still blanket nerfs and buffs but no mechanical changes. ı atleast hope they fixed the execute calculation bug. Btw will WW crit rage return nerf effect us too much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    These numbers are also very very specific. Like for example CS is now 202%. Why not just 200%? Likewise Mortal Strike is 327% Physical, ect. ect.
    Those are just because they keep buffing/nerfing by easy percentages coming from the previous value. Like Spell X needs to be nerfed by 15%, but spell Y needs a 10% buff. Percentages are not seen in the gameclient anyway, so they don't really bother with nice numbers.

This arms nerf cant be true. Seriously wtf

Hard for me to tell for sure but I think they've fixed the Execute/Tactician interaction. Colossus Smash now dynamically updates its debuff, so the issue with a stronger effect being on a target no longer occurs. Anger Management still broken with Execute and only reduces Battle Cry based on the initial 10 rage consumed.

Deleted
    I went and tested Execute/Tactician. 100 full Executes against a Melee Target at Argent Tournament as a level 100 with no artifact/class trinket/set bonuses. I got 26 Tactician procs in total which is exactly what you'd expect with without Expose the Weakness: 40 rage*0.65%/rage = 26%.

So it looks like bug has been fixed.
    Last edited by mmocd2ab285f58; 2016-07-13 at 02:06 AM.

Deleted
    @Erica

Would you be so kind as to check Execute + Deadly Calm + Anger Management cooldown reduction as well?

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, nerf Arms is so stupid... or for example the nerf Slam is just hilarious...

I play Warrior since first US beta of WoW Vanilla and i'm very tired, year after year, extention after extension of this crap work on balancing class (RIP Arms 4.3 and Fury 5.4).

Please, Celestalon go take the door and Blizzard go recruit a real Technical Game Designer on World of Warcraft with brain and experience, please !

My 2 cents

i do not understand the arms nerfs either. not like pvp nerfs matters since they can balance that without having to mess with pve in legion.

Deleted
    Jesus, they're still in the middle of balancing, it's to be expected that sometimes there's some undertuning as they home in on balance. Granted, it's cutting uncomfortably close to release, but this sky is falling attitude is helping nobody. About slam in particular it's was nerfed less than it's most direct competitor in the rotation (WW), so it's gained a slightly stronger place in the rotation.

Going from current scalings (on ST, all relevant Artifact traits):
    Slam DPR : 13.03
    WW (Baseline): 9.89 / 10.35 (Crit)
    WW FoB : 14.9 / 15.5(Crit)

The crit parts in my calculation only respect the base damage not the crit multiplier, however it would not change anything in relation to Slam so I ommited that (Basically it's the DPR for 24 Rage spent instead of 25 Rage spent due to will of the first king).

All in all this means that FoB is slightly less powerful than before as compared to Rend or Avatar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Jesus, they're still in the middle of balancing, it's to be expected that sometimes there's some undertuning as they home in on balance. Granted, it's cutting uncomfortably close to release, but this sky is falling attitude is helping nobody. About slam in particular it's was nerfed less than it's most direct competitor in the rotation (WW), so it's gained a slightly stronger place in the rotation.

Going from current scalings (on ST, all relevant Artifact traits):
    Slam DPR : 13.03
    WW (Baseline): 9.89 / 10.35 (Crit)
    WW FoB : 14.9 / 15.5(Crit)

The crit parts in my calculation only respect the base damage not the crit multiplier, however it would not change anything in relation to Slam so I ommited that (Basically it's the DPR for 24 Rage spent instead of 25 Rage spent due to will of the first king).

All in all this means that FoB is slightly less powerful than before as compared to Rend or Avatar.
    Ok but Slam is always useless and if FoB is slightly less powerful now, this build nerf Rend ("Rend Wounds the target, causing [*5 + 120% 108% of AP*] Bleed damage over 15 sec. Arms Warrior - Level 45 Talent. 15 Rage. Melee range. Instant.")

well if the goal is balancing FoB with other talent 45 why nerf Rend? i don't understand...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valy View Post
    Ok but Slam is always useless and if FoB is slightly less powerful now, this build nerf Rend ("Rend Wounds the target, causing [*5 + 120% 108% of AP*] Bleed damage over 15 sec. Arms Warrior - Level 45 Talent. 15 Rage. Melee range. Instant.")

well if the goal is balancing FoB with other talent 45 why nerf Rend? i don't understand...
    The LVL 45 row argument was both poorly worded on my part, and faulty in regards to Rend (it holds towards avatar). It really wasn't the main point I wanted to get across. Sorry about that. My main focus was that slam's value has increased in relation to whirlwind (it's direct competitor in the rotation, regarding Single target).

About slam: Unless you are in risk of capping rage, Whirlwind without Fervor of Battle is inferior to Slam. Unless you take that talent, Slam is the filler to use.
    Last edited by mmocd9c750e2e7; 2016-07-13 at 09:40 AM.