Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So no one knows how to start the secrets of the axes quest for the arcanite bladebreaker artifact skin?
    It's not datamined or commented on wowhead, so it's very likely that no one here knows how to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Focused Rage is fun and its the only talent in that tier that isn't boring. Idk why people hate it.
    agreed. Tried it during our guilds Emerald Nightmare run tonight. Just macroed it to slam and used regular slam to fish tact. procs.(this might be not as effective as other rotations but it worked) %90 of the time just as i about to hit zero rage, battlecry came out of CD so back to the top. With decent tactician procs it was easy to maintain and boy the damage! First time ever i was able to top the meter with 225K dps on Ursoc (this is downscaled 835 ilvl raid, i have 855 normally) it just rekindled my love for the spec. I don't even have properly optimized gear ( lots of crit, half as much haste)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    agreed. Tried it during our guilds Emerald Nightmare run tonight. Just macroed it to slam and used regular slam to fish tact. procs.(this might be not as effective as other rotations but it worked) %90 of the time just as i about to hit zero rage, battlecry came out of CD so back to the top. With decent tactician procs it was easy to maintain and boy the damage! First time ever i was able to top the meter with 225K dps on Ursoc (this is downscaled 835 ilvl raid, i have 855 normally) it just rekindled my love for the spec. I don't even have properly optimized gear ( lots of crit, half as much haste)
    And as you continue to master the spec, and manually use FR, you'll grow to like it even more, and gain a small dps gain to boot! I recommend putting it (and all other off-gcd abilities) on your mouse and practicing for a bit on a dummy. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    And as you continue to master the spec, and manually use FR, you'll grow to like it even more, and gain a small dps gain to boot! I recommend putting it (and all other off-gcd abilities) on your mouse and practicing for a bit on a dummy. You won't be disappointed.
    You keep saying put it on your mouse, what do you mean? Like just a mouse button or the scroll wheel or what?

scroll wheel probably, thats what you do usually when there is a must spam off-GCD ability

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    You keep saying put it on your mouse, what do you mean? Like just a mouse button or the scroll wheel or what?
    I mean print out a physical copy of the ability's icon and glue it on your mouse as a constant reminder.

Yes, put it on a button bound to your mouse. The button is irrelevant. The point is to keep the off-gcd ability from being managed by the same hand that is timing gcd abilities. It makes it considerably easier to do. Obviously it isn't necessary, many people have the motor skill or muscle memory to do it all on the left hand while also managing movement, but there's no reason to make your left hand operate 90 APM and your right hand.... spin the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    It's not datamined or commented on wowhead, so it's very likely that no one here knows how to get it.
    Ah ok a lot of things here and there made it seem like people might have already gotten it.

On another note, I realize blizzard wanted to make haste super important but playing without at least 20% haste on just about any melee feels bad to me personally.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2016-08-12 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ah ok a lot of things here and there made it seem like people might have already gotten it.

On another note, I realize blizzard wanted to make haste super important but playing without at least 20% haste on just about any melee feels bad to me personally.
    Bloodlust also became somewhat more effective for Arms overall or so how i feel. i can't complain

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    Bloodlust also became somewhat more effective for Arms overall or so how i feel. i can't complain
    Yea but leveling feels awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I mean print out a physical copy of the ability's icon and glue it on your mouse as a constant reminder.

Yes, put it on a button bound to your mouse. The button is irrelevant. The point is to keep the off-gcd ability from being managed by the same hand that is timing gcd abilities. It makes it considerably easier to do. Obviously it isn't necessary, many people have the motor skill or muscle memory to do it all on the left hand while also managing movement, but there's no reason to make your left hand operate 90 APM and your right hand.... spin the camera?
    Damn sassy, my bad for asking.

People actually think having to spam an ability mindless like that is good game play? You're kidding me, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    Damn sassy, my bad for asking.
    Just giving you shit, man. If I were actually agitated or thought it was a stupid question, I wouldn't have answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    People actually think having to spam an ability mindless like that is good game play? You're kidding me, right?
    Go ahead and mindlessly spam FR, misspending your rage, and let us know how that goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    You only spam it mindlessly for 5second periods roughly every 30sec.
    So there is gameplay in that, since you have to time it.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    You only spam it mindlessly for 5second periods roughly every 30sec.
    So there is gameplay in that, since you have to time it.
    Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. The only thing you're currently supposed to "spam" is Hamstring during Battle Cry when combo'd with Deadly Calm. The Focused Rage ability REPLACES your rage filler, so the baseline Arms Warrior primarily spends rage with Mortal Strike and Slam, the FoB Warrior replaces Slam with Whirlwind, and the Focused Rage warrior replaces Slam with FR.

So yes, I guess Knifttar may technically be right when they say you "spam" Focused Rage (assuming that's what they were referring to), but it's no different from "spamming" Slam or Whirlwind since they are all filler rage dumps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volgon View Post
    Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. The only thing you're currently supposed to "spam" is Hamstring during Battle Cry when combo'd with Deadly Calm. The Focused Rage ability REPLACES your rage filler, so the baseline Arms Warrior primarily spends rage with Mortal Strike and Slam, the FoB Warrior replaces Slam with Whirlwind, and the Focused Rage warrior replaces Slam with FR.

So yes, I guess Knifttar may technically be right when they say you "spam" Focused Rage (assuming that's what they were referring to), but it's no different from "spamming" Slam or Whirlwind since they are all filler rage dumps.
    FR does not replace your filler, stop saying that over and over again.
    FR is NOT on the GCD so you can and should use it in Addition to using Fillers that are on the GCD.

And just fyi, both slam and ww have a better DPR than FR. The only time you use FR is when you are either swimming in rage or when you manage to buff the ability with CS and Battle Cry and not slam/ww (prepooling FR stacks for that super buffed MS).
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2016-08-12 at 09:34 AM.

Just an FYI, Max output Arms is currently at 120+apm.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    FR does not replace your filler, stop saying that over and over again.
    FR is NOT on the GCD so you can and should use it in Addition to using Fillers that are on the GCD.

And just fyi, both slam and ww have a better DPR than FR. The only time you use FR is when you are either swimming in rage or when you manage to buff the ability with CS and Battle Cry and not slam/ww (prepooling FR stacks for that super buffed MS).
    I'm not sure why you would think that, just because FR is off the GCD, it won't be your primary rage dump. Arms won't have enough rage to liberally use both FR and Slam/WW, so if you're filling primarily with Slam or WW then there is little point to running FR in the first place. You'd be better served picking up IftK + Trauma and playing a traditional build. If you're spec'd for Focused Rage, you prioritize FR stacking and relegate Slam/WW to Deadly Calm windows and when nearing rage cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Just an FYI, Max output Arms is currently at 120+apm.
    It's 120apm when you include every single action that would occur during the simulation. Sarri clarified that this includes things like moving, Heroic Charging (counts as two actions), popping cooldowns and/or trinkets (each counting as one action each). The rotation itself doesn't play at 120apm, and will consist mostly of 3FR->MS repetition (3FR->CS->MS->3FR->MS->3FR->MS etc) so that your MS is always buffed by as many Focused Rage stacks as possible, while throwing in Overpowers (if taken) and Slam/WW during Deadly Calm windows or when you're nearing rage cap.
    Last edited by volgon; 2016-08-12 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by volgon View Post
    I'm not sure why you would think that, just because FR is off the GCD, it won't be your primary rage dump. Arms won't have enough rage to liberally use both FR and Slam/WW, so if you're filling primarily with Slam or WW then there is little point to running FR in the first place. You'd be better served picking up IftK + Trauma and playing a traditional build. If you're spec'd for Focused Rage, you prioritize FR stacking and relegate Slam/WW to Deadly Calm windows and when nearing rage cap.

It's 120apm when you include every single action that would occur during the simulation. Sarri clarified that this includes things like moving, Heroic Charging (counts as two actions), popping cooldowns and/or trinkets (each counting as one action each). The rotation itself doesn't play at 120apm, and will consist mostly of 3FR->MS repetition (3FR->CS->MS->3FR->MS->3FR->MS etc) so that your MS is always buffed by as many Focused Rage stacks as possible, while throwing in Overpowers (if taken) and Slam/WW during Deadly Calm windows or when you're nearing rage cap.
    Yes I agree with FR becoming the primary rage dump. At least for prepatch, there's simply not enough rage to go around. I used OP + FR, and with those two abilities I basically never cast Slam or WW. The only time I do is during Deadly Calm.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    slam is 20 rage