yep i was really surprised when i somehow got rage from charging a raidboss midfight for mobility reason, i thaught it was a bug, but someone here in this forum told me it was supported. But in many fights i personally want the carge / leap for other reasons that just ragegain, so its another micromanagment level when it is right to charge for additional rage while not compromising your mobility stuff.

In hfc i often charged some add that would spawn if possible for rage (and for killing it) and now u get even more range for charging back to the boss, or u save your charge for the next add, its cool decicsion making and a small little learn to optimize the encounter stuff, i like it

- - - Updated - - -

about dc hs fr macro: i dont really get it whats so complicated or apm heavy about it. u just macro hamstring into your deadly calm button, and spam it for its duration, while keep smashing the fr botton (which is on the mouse for me)?

Any suggestions for using a bar switch macro for DC spam? I was thinking of just putting it all into my battlecry bind. For example /cast Battlecry /cast Colossus Smash /cast Focused Rage /cast Hamstring /swapactionbar 2. This way It casts battlecry with a colossus smash along with giving me what I presume is a free focus rage and hamstring while then switching me to my second action bar where I just have focused rage and hamstring in every ability.

Does this seem like a good idea or is there a reason it won't work? Also if anyone knows of an addon that will switch bars while Battle Cry is active that would be cool too.

i dont really see the reason to swap bars? nothing in your skill usage changes, u are spamming another key for the offgcd stuff while doing your rotation for the duration of Deadly Calm.

My biggest issue is a lot of my keys are bound with shift and control so to hit a second key with those shift and control commands makes it hard to finger without losing fractions of a second.

Quote Originally Posted by kimicate View Post
    On the FR build you always hit MS even with 0, 1, 2 or 3 FR stacks?

My point is, you have 0 stacks, hit CS>MS, thn you got Tactitian you dont have much time to build 3 stacks...

Another thing, when you have 1, 2 or 3 FR stacks you wait for SD or you hit MS?

Iam a bit confused about the rotation even after Sarri FAQ.
    I agree that FAQ is confusing as can be about the FR build. A bunch of stuff added in that you certainly don't get till 110. Also think that build should have a priority for when you are inside of CS and out of CS. Problem I have is with that FR rotation in the FAQ is you never have enough rage for anything. Cuz you spend it all on FB and MS. It's like fB x 3 MS, FB x 3 MS, over and over till CS procs. Some times you don't have enough rage or time to get in 3 FB before MS comes up. So I can feel your pain. I mean are you really going to sit there and spend 3 FB during a CS if you don't have BC up? Cuz if you do you could have hit 3 slams in the same amount of time and 1 or 2 MS.

For that matter if you wait till you have 3 FB and BC up and you hit BC then MS your not going to have the time for another MS before BC is down so I guess you hit slam or WW while it's up.

Then again perhaps FB build is something you must have certain nodes and artifact weapon to even think about trying.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2016-08-25 at 12:33 AM.

the thing is you just press MS on CD regardless of FR stacks. Because that very MS might proc tactician (which also resets MS) or while you try to build up FR stacks you might also proc tactician and you just lost 1 MS worth of damage.

Hamstring no longer activates Opportunity Strikes.

rip hamstring 2016-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

rip hamstring 2016-2016
    hamstring still procs tactician i think, problem isnot solved

FR spec stays uneffected, thats all i care

edit: yes while it doesn't solve the problem it also only decreases the trauma spec's dps which is even worse lol since you will use it anyway for the tactician proc chance addition alone

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

rip hamstring 2016-2016
    That's ok, it still procs Tactician and reduces Recks CD with AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    the thing is you just press MS on CD regardless of FR stacks. Because that very MS might proc tactician (which also resets MS) or while you try to build up FR stacks you might also proc tactician and you just lost 1 MS worth of damage.
    Well I think the issue comes in that no where before having BC up is FB listed, but the FAQ says (If less than 3 stacks / Talent Deadly Calm taken and Battle Cry is up) which says that you may very well have some FB stacks when BC pops. So do you never use FB if BC is not up, or is that meaning that if you your 6 sec away from BC you want to start stacking FB so you have 3 when BC pops. Not only that but Hamstring comes before WW on the priority list, and hamstring is less than half the cost of WW. Which means you never will use WW because you will always have enough rage for hamstring before WW. It is a very confusing priority list. BTW what is Heroic Charge? A typo?

i think most hamstring /Deadly calm involving pve builts dont rely on opportunity strikes, but i can see the reason for the nerf, as it would basically favor opportunistic hamstringspam to proc opportunity strikes on low hp targets over execute mechanics, at least in pvp, it was kind of dull that your best execute was spamming hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Well I think the issue comes in that no where before having BC up is FB listed, but the FAQ says (If less than 3 stacks / Talent Deadly Calm taken and Battle Cry is up) which says that you may very well have some FB stacks when BC pops. So do you never use FB if BC is not up, or is that meaning that if you your 6 sec away from BC you want to start stacking FB so you have 3 when BC pops. Not only that but Hamstring comes before WW on the priority list, and hamstring is less than half the cost of WW. Which means you never will use WW because you will always have enough rage for hamstring before WW. It is a very confusing priority list. BTW what is Heroic Charge? A typo?
    FR is your filler that you use when MS is on cd. You hit it whenever you have more than 20 rage. This is so you have rage to mortal strike directly after if its coming off cd.

Hamstring is off the gcd and only used during BC with deadly calm...making it free. Because its off the gcd you can spam FR/WW/Slam at the same time, still during BC. The only time you would ever use WW/Slam outside of Battle cry in FR arms build is if you already have 3 stacks of FR, Mortal strike is on cooldown, and your about to rage cap.

Heroic Charge = Heroic leap away then Charge back in. This will result in a rage gain if done properly between auto attack swings.
    Last edited by Ezymode; 2016-08-25 at 02:39 AM.

Would you guys recommend avoiding Arms with higher latency? I ping around 120 so it's not horrible but I wonder if for such a spam build that's bad.

Hamstring problem solved. Cost no rage, do no damage. Like it was before!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    Would you guys recommend avoiding Arms with higher latency? I ping around 120 so it's not horrible but I wonder if for such a spam build that's bad.
    Just pick a custom lag tolerance so you don't queue spells and you should be fine.

Edit: spelling, it's too early
    Last edited by mmocd29244cd74; 2016-08-25 at 03:43 AM.

Hamstring problem solved. Cost no rage, do no damage. Like it was before!
    But does it trigger OS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    But does it trigger OS?
    If you're referring to Opportunity Strikes then no, it was recently fixed

Dauntless in the latest sim is showing less tactician procs than when using overpower, which shouldn't be happening. You're spending similar amounts of rage, but tactician uses the base rage cost of the spell rather than the reduced cost, meaning you effectively spend 25% more than the reduced cost. Tactician is proccing ~ 8 times less than it should over the course of a 450 second fight for dauntless.

And in my crappy gear at 100 titanic might is 2.5k ahead of trauma. /shrug.

The only reason I see for dauntless procing tactician less is because during battle cry you spend less rage