Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    You use Hamstring for tactician procs. Deadly Calm does not contribute to Anger Management.
    Ty i did not understand it in that way.
    Under DC is it more efficient to use WW+FR+Hstring if we dont have anyhing else to do in order to maxi tactician proc?
    Last edited by Aurel49; 2016-09-01 at 01:20 PM.

Hamstring doesn't proc Tactician anymore. Didn't they patch it? Focused Rage procs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Hamstring doesn't proc Tactician anymore. Didn't they patch it? Focused Rage procs it.
    They patched Hamstring proccing Opportunity Strikes, not Tactician.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    They stopped Hamstring proccing Opportunity Strikes, but it still procs Tactition since it is based on rage spent (and no changes have been made towards that yet). During Deadly Calm we are spamming everything that costs rage in order to try to reset Colossus Smash, which is quite effective . It's silly though and should be fixed so that Hamstring is not part of the rotation.

I'm not massively keen on Arms, the CS reset RNG is unbarable without running this FR/Deadly calm spec, and at times It's pretty unbarable then too. They have made us rely so hard on CS that we literally cannot function or deal damage without it, and we're encouraged to immediately overwrite old CS buffs to do the most damage.

meh.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'm still holding out for some changes/buffs to fury. lol. But am enjoying the hell out of my Monk in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'm still holding out for some changes/buffs to fury. lol. But am enjoying the hell out of my Monk in the meantime.
    This is my situation, playing Arms is like playing Gladiator but with actual thinking required and without the consistent dps. I'm not so much enjoying being in turbo hyperdrive mode all the time. I have put AP into my Fury Artifact for the cheap points (last one costs 1000ap before the big hike) but the rest is in Arms atm.. I'm gonna start banking the big AP items soon though because I'm holding hope they will make some improvements to Fury.

But yeah it's not enough to make me reroll, I'm having a decent time of things playing Arms. Second Wind healing is quite hilarious in dungeons, which is very handy running LFG premades with weak healers. Had a fair few bosses where it's just myself and the tank left alive, second wind keeping me going.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I had to give up my raid spot, just didn't have time. So it's not a big deal to me. I'll keep playing both Monk/Warrior in Mythic+ and what have you. Really hoping both specs get some love in terms of gameplay though, or I just get lucky and get the good legendaries as my first two legendaries (hah)

Ah!!! You and Arthunias are both right. My apologize.

I've been playing Arms for a long time, and the FR usage is confusing at first but with practice it becomes easier to use, especially if you keybind it correctly with your corresponding main attacks (single/cleavage). I haven't used Deadly Calm and I know Deadly Calm benefits the most from Anger Management. I'm using the Titantic Smash (I think it is called) but Arms feels really smooth with every point spent in the Art. Weapon. Tactician's additional 30% is so sweet, especially since you can add those special gems for the Art. Weapon which can increase the proc rate up to an additional 30%, if I'm correct.

What are those special gems called? Artificat gems? And what are the best ones to use?

I feel so rage starved using FR and anything BUT dauntless. I am 830 ilv and my boss damage is really good but jesus my trash mob damage is garbage. If I take sweeping i do well but then im rage starved :C. Will gear fix this? Also holy shit Ulduar campaign at 830 was brutal lol. Had to leap and kite with second wind all the time

Replacing Slam with WW during BC is not worth

Deleted
    is there are certain treshhold to artefact talents/items when Arms start to get better than fury? at 810 ilvl with both arms and fury artifacts having one golden trait i am still doing better as a fury. or i am doing something wrong with arms rotation, though i tried to stick to the one written at icy veins.

Quote Originally Posted by obanas View Post
    is there are certain treshhold to artefact talents/items when Arms start to get better than fury? at 810 ilvl with both arms and fury artifacts having one golden trait i am still doing better as a fury. or i am doing something wrong with arms rotation, though i tried to stick to the one written at icy veins.
    There is plenty of RNG with arms early on, and it feels really awkward to play right. Chances are it's a combination of early gear rng and not playing it right. Fury is no slouch in dungeons though. Remember those sims where it destroys fury are pure single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I feel so rage starved using FR and anything BUT dauntless. I am 830 ilv and my boss damage is really good but jesus my trash mob damage is garbage. If I take sweeping i do well but then im rage starved :C. Will gear fix this? Also holy shit Ulduar campaign at 830 was brutal lol. Had to leap and kite with second wind all the time
    I did the ulduar campaign at 811 LOL it was just silly

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    You have to remember that they scale with ilvl, so you can try removing neck and rings to make it a little easier. You should also keep using all of your CDs, Battle Cry every 30s is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    You have to remember that they scale with ilvl, so you can try removing neck and rings to make it a little easier. You should also keep using all of your CDs, Battle Cry every 30s is no joke.
    Oh for sure i love 30 sec reck. But i forgot about the ilv scaling and at 830 they would auto me for about 35% hp per swing so I had to stun and leap away and second wind heal lol. Was fun though

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would really love it by the time we get 4piece that focused rage is no longer the go to. Standard arms with tier set would be really fun to play.

Deleted
    So can someone direct me to how FR is played, I don't think I am playing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    I tried playing with the FR build and it is totally soul-crushingly boring. Maybe it gets better with gear, but it feels completely unengaging. FR itself is a very, very dull and unsatisfying button to press and it feels like I'm playing the game wrong not dumping rage into Slam (or WW). Again, I'm only 103 and am still mostly using heroic HFC gear, but if this is what I have to look forward to at 110, I'm seriously regretting choosing Arms over Fury.
    I have the same feeling so far, i'm level 107 now and only just got "Shattered defenses" unlocked on Strom'kar, i'll try playing with FR again tomorrow, "Shattered defenses" coupled with FR should allow for some huge crits, but it remains to be seen if it makes the playstyle more fun though...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I have the same feeling so far, i'm level 107 now and only just got "Shattered defenses" unlocked on Strom'kar, i'll try playing with FR again tomorrow, "Shattered defenses" coupled with FR should allow for some huge crits, but it remains to be seen if it makes the playstyle more fun though...
    I'm running the standard build atm because it clears adds faster and saves more time for dungeons, but it also is wayyyy more fun to play. Probbaly wont go FR until Raids

Quote Originally Posted by Redkat01 View Post
    So can someone direct me to how FR is played, I don't think I am playing it right.
    I time my swings. Your free rage windows like Colossus Smash and Shattered Defenses cost no rage and when you get the traits where you reduce Mortal Strike/Execute rage cost then you want to also time that perfectly with how much rage you are spending. Be sure to have Dauntless talent active.

If my CS procs while my GDC is not up yet, then CS would be my next move. Within that time frame, I already know when my next swing will come so if it's going to hit within the GCD before my CS and after it, and before the next GCD comes up for Mortal Strike (assuming that is the next attack you are going to hit) then I would use FR. Don't do more than 3 FR since that's wasted rage. I can get away with this with about 20-25 rage in my pool, and before my swing hits (assuming normal attacks will be 24-26 rage without crit). If I have zero rage in my pool then I won't touch it.

Haste helps out a lot so stack on Haste before Mastery/Crit. I'm at 10% at level 104 but I'm not sure what is the soft and hard caps for Haste - I've asked, and no one answered. So I'm assuming no one knows the real answer yet. This info came directly from some of the top Warriors and it's from this thread.

I haven't been rage starved. The only problem I'm facing is sometimes I'm overdoing it with FR (like overstacking it) so today I'm gonna try to find me an addon that would highlight things for me if I hit 3 FR. But this situation happens in very rare cases since I keep MS on CD right after CS.

Is 3 FR with MS stronger than a full-doze of Execute (max rage usage)? Does anyone know?

Deleted
    3 FR MS is like double the damage of a full execute, it's really strong