10+ Year Old Account
    So umm, I want to start fidgeting around with SimCraft again and wonder if the official release (24 Jul 2016) has everything properly set up for the FR Arms build simulation-wise or do I need to change things or get a nightly build?
    Thanks in advance.

I recall some mention that the JC crafted neck was good to get and upgrade, but searching I can't seem to find whatever gave me that idea. So eh, did I imagine it all or is that worth investing in?

would the IftK/trauma build beat a ret pally in dps? i ask cause these are my choices (btw not using FR so dont bother going on about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    would the IftK/trauma build beat a ret pally in dps? i ask cause these are my choices (btw not using FR so dont bother going on about it)
    Dont play arms then, fury is much stronger then any non-fr build if you want to beat anyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    I recall some mention that the JC crafted neck was good to get and upgrade, but searching I can't seem to find whatever gave me that idea. So eh, did I imagine it all or is that worth investing in?
    JC items always have a socket, so you get a guaranteed 850 neck with a socket. Additionally, you can get a pure mastery neck, which is (afaik) not possible for dungeon drops. Mastery is much more powerful than any other stat for us and additionally necks don't have primary stats, which further diminishes the effect of higher ilvl on other necks. I think it's save to say that it is a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Dont play arms then, fury is much stronger then any non-fr build if you want to beat anyone
    That's actually dead wrong if you've read any of the information here or anywhere, the standard arms build is about even with fury, while the FR build destroys it.

Hey all.
    I am sort of a warrior scrub. Not something i play but i decided to make this my "main alt" this expac.
    I have heard good things about arms dps at 110 but now while leveling i feel like its underperforming a bunch.
    On regular end of quest chain non elite bosses, they take forever to die. On my rogue, hunter and dh they died like cutting through butter with a red glowing knife. On arms it takes forever. I even struggled with one of the named mobs in val'shara. Hp bar going down in small chunks instead of steady flow like all the other classes.

So here comes the question. is it me or should i have gone fury for leveling ?

The talents i have taken is
    Overpower,
    Double time
    fervor of battle
    Second wind
    Mortal combo
    Trauma
    Opprtunity strikes.

I always use colossus smash on cooldown. Overpower when it procs, my cahrges of mortal strike and whirlwind as filler.
    Should i delay colossus smash if i have the buff up ? might waste a proc if i use another ability.

Deleted
    The Icy Veins Arms guide has been approved by Archi, I assume that means it's okay to use for now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    The Icy Veins Arms guide has been approved by Archi, I assume that means it's okay to use for now?
    It is slightly outdated, as you now only MS if you have 3 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I've heard that as theory but where has it actually been confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    I've heard that as theory but where has it actually been confirmed?
    didn't like 5 pages back somebody asked this, and they said that's wrong? Damn if it is 3stacks thats gonna make FR boring AF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    didn't like 5 pages back somebody asked this, and they said that's wrong? Damn if it is 3stacks thats gonna make FR boring AF
    An early release by me....Warriorsarri still testing some things.....but initial findings are showing about a 20k increase using this method. My theory is that it frees more rage for slams/filler.

An early release by me....Warriorsarri still testing some things.....but initial findings are showing about a 20k increase using this method. My theory is that it frees more rage for slams/filler.
    So you're saying by saving rage not using non-buffed MS we have more rage to use slam/execute and that deals more damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying by saving rage not using non-buffed MS we have more rage to use slam/execute and that deals more damage?
    That's the theory. Though the sim is showing only an increase in execute damage, I believe slam should be used more as well (though the data isn't backing it up currently).

important to note....there is NO drop-off in MS damage doing this per sim. In fact, it goes up slightly.

If you mean untested data that came up in the last 3 hours, yeah!

I just want somebody to verify that the base stat trinkets (str/mast) aren't as good as using 2x proc trinkets. Also, what about the 840 PvP trink (vers w/ Str 1m CD)?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I feel like I could google this, but I'm afraid i'll get some crap program. But what's the link to the updated sim runner? Back in MoP I had a program I could just load my character into off the armory and determine what gear was better from that.. also determined weights and what not.

No, it doesn't. Slam was buffed to be the single target filler of choice even over FoB WW. Obviously against multiple targets it is better.
    If you have both 15% artifact talents, WW + FoB will do slightly more damage than slam, albeit at a higher rage cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    If you have both 15% artifact talents, WW + FoB will do slightly more damage than slam, albeit at a higher rage cost.
    but higher rage cost = higher chance to proc tactician, so it's a tradeoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    What is bis stats for arms warrior at 110?
    Generally,
    Str>Mastery>>Vers>Haste>Crit

Str>Mastery>Vers>=Haste>crit
    When using the more fun to play but 40% less dps iftk build, haste is usually equal or slightly below versatility, with some points where it sims better than everything. probably changes around with gear. not that you're going to use that build because of how far behind it is.

I need clarification in regards to a few things with FR arms. I'm currently in 834 and I'm seriously underperforming in single target compared to most of my friends or even my main character.

1. How important is sweeping strikes for dungeons? How much does it gimp my dps not having dauntless for bosses? It seems without sweeping i'm 100% useless on trash apart from bladestorm cds.

2. I've read different things about this...but do you mortal strike whenever its up or always wait till you have 3 stacks of FR?

3. Is warbreak best used in colossus smash downtimes in singletarget and in massive aoe? Or should it be weaved into the rotation at any other points? There are times when I get back to back procs and i find myself not using it for half a minute, other times i blow it in the first few seconds because im not getting procs.

4. Spamming slam during battle cry sometimes delays my mortal strike. It just feels weird when I miss out on a mortal strike in battle cry because of slamming for 80k dmg.

5. Do I use execute under 20% or not?

6. Anger management vs opportunity strikes for single target and aoe?

7. What talent setup do you guys run in mythic/mythic+ dungeons and is that gonna be any different in raids?