does anyone have a proper arms guide? icy veins and noxx seems to have 2 different guides LOL look at stat priority alone:

icy veins : Mastery>Strength>Versatility>Haste>Critical Strike.
    noxx : Strength > Haste > Mastery > Versatility > Crit.

so wetefek am i supposed to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    does anyone have a proper arms guide? icy veins and noxx seems to have 2 different guides LOL look at stat priority alone:

Haste > Mastery is straight LOL. Noxx is just wrong.

This is generally true, haste passes versa when near 20% breakpoint though

Using only simcraft and siming my own character using simulationcraft.org I've noticed that Haste=Mastery until you have 16% haste then Str=Mastery>Vers>Crit>Haste

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I love being awful at the game and ignore mechanics while always being top dps in every dungeon group. Thanks Blizzard for making Arms the welfare spec where everything is handed to you for brainlessly following a simple priority system. FR Arms is literally just mashing buttons on top of buttons yet 2/3 of your damage comes from one ability. The rage bar hardly matters.

It's actually insane how FR isn't just baseline. Two of the three golden traits work best with FR.

Yet they make FR baseline for Prot, a spec that doesn't even need it and add talents that interact with FR. That's how Arms should've been. They should've just nerfed FR to 20% but make one tier based on making FR smoother for the rotation.
    lol okay kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EZOBOSS View Post
    Using only simcraft and siming my own character using simulationcraft.org I've noticed that Haste=Mastery until you have 16% haste then Str=Mastery>Vers>Crit>Haste
    These have been my findings with simC too.

Does anyone else use counterweight? I notice it either does millions of damage or almost nothing. It's 840 ilv. I got memento of anger boda today 845ilv and I'm liking it more so far. What trinkets are you guys using? I'm also using a pure str/mastery trinket with gem 835

Guys ... I don't understand this:

Cleave Arms: Strikes all enemies in front of you with a sweeping attack for (90% of weapon damage) Physical damage. For each target up to 5 hit, your next Whirlwind deals 20% more damage. Fury, Protection: Strikes all enemies in front of you with a sweeping attack for (90% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Warrior - Arms Spec. 100 Rage. Melee range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.
    Cleave (New) For each target Cleave hits, up to 5, your next Whirlwind deals 20% more damage. Warrior - Arms Spec.
    Colossus Smash Smashes the enemy's armor, dealing (202% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and increasing damage you deal to them by 15% for 8 sec. Warrior - Arms Spec. Melee range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown. 30 sec cooldown.
    Execute Attempts to finish off a foe, causing (162% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and consuming up to 30 10 additional Rage to deal up to [ 3.000 * 162% of weapon damage 162% of weapon damage;] additional damage. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health. Warrior - Arms Spec. 100 Rage. Melee range. Instant.
    Execute (New) Execute can comsume up to 20 additional rage to deal further increased damage. Warrior - Arms Spec.
    Mortal Strike A vicious strike that deals (327% of weapon damage [ 0.633 * 327% of weapon damage or 0.024 * Level * 327% of weapon damage + 0.511 * 327% of weapon damage or 327% of weapon damage ) Physical damage and reduces the effectiveness of healing on the target for 10 sec. Warrior - Arms Spec. 200 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Is Arms getting nerfed or something? I'm looking at Mortal Strike and Execute. I don't understand the math of that so if someone can shed some light on this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post

Cleave Arms: Strikes all enemies in front of you with a sweeping attack for (90% of weapon damage) Physical damage. For each target up to 5 hit, your next Whirlwind deals 20% more damage. Fury, Protection: Strikes all enemies in front of you with a sweeping attack for (90% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Warrior - Arms Spec. 100 Rage. Melee range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.
    Cleave (New) For each target Cleave hits, up to 5, your next Whirlwind deals 20% more damage. Warrior - Arms Spec.
    Colossus Smash Smashes the enemy's armor, dealing (202% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and increasing damage you deal to them by 15% for 8 sec. Warrior - Arms Spec. Melee range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown. 30 sec cooldown.
    Execute Attempts to finish off a foe, causing (162% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and consuming up to 30 10 additional Rage to deal up to [ 3.000 * 162% of weapon damage 162% of weapon damage;] additional damage. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health. Warrior - Arms Spec. 100 Rage. Melee range. Instant.
    Execute (New) Execute can comsume up to 20 additional rage to deal further increased damage. Warrior - Arms Spec.
    Mortal Strike A vicious strike that deals (327% of weapon damage [ 0.633 * 327% of weapon damage or 0.024 * Level * 327% of weapon damage + 0.511 * 327% of weapon damage or 327% of weapon damage ) Physical damage and reduces the effectiveness of healing on the target for 10 sec. Warrior - Arms Spec. 200 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Is Arms getting nerfed or something? I'm looking at Mortal Strike and Execute. I don't understand the math of that so if someone can shed some light on this crap.
    Read the front page again, I'm sure this time you won't miss the part about them being tooltip updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    200 Rage is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Realbufu View Post
    200 Rage is very nice
    obvious decimal error is obvious :P

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    lol okay kid.
    He is right you know. Whatever we can the number are here, we're pulling between 60 to 70% of our total damage from one tech, and we are totally relying on FR for now.

That it, we will get nerfed for sure, more than we have last wednesday. And that is why I fear.

Just got a legendary lads, it's the fucking bracers tho, welp atleast it gives mastery.

Deleted
    Ey guys,

I am bit lost of the stat priority, and I wonder if I should change my stats up a bit.
    I currently have the following stats:

Crit: 14%
    Haste: 2%
    Mastery: 71%
    Vers: 11%

Now I wonder what secondary stats I should focus on. Should I try to get a little bit more haste, or continu with vers? (so items with mastery + haste, or mastery + vers).
    2% haste might be a bit too low, but I could always compensate with enchants or gems (have 2 un-used sockets + 0 enchants)

Hey. I am little bit lost with FR build rotation and I have a quick question.

Can someone tell me should I use always CS before MS if possible to get SD buff or does MS have higher priority than CS if the buff is already up on target?
    Last edited by Trooper; 2016-09-15 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    On HFC release you entered the raid with T17, Fury was superior on AOE and Single Target (because of Arms T17 4 set nerf), Arms was still superior on cleave. The "difficult" fights were Tyrant, Xhul'horac and Archimonde pre Mythic and all of those favoured Arms from the beginning, Fury was fine on Xhul but most likely you would play Arms for add cleaving (execute + SS), Fury gained real strength on that fight only with the 4x T18 (but then so did Arms). Most decent raiding guilds were handing Warriors tier because Arms was overpowered with their T18 in the early weeks meaning most raiders already had 4x T18 by Archimonde Heroic (by Archi normal if you were lucky).

Arms was not more gear dependant than Fury, if anything at the start of WOD it was the opposite with Fury being super reliant on having high crit to even function, whilst Arms was performing extremely well in Highmaul and only became set bonus reliant later with tuning changes + scaling of other classes, it was one of the most dominant specs in Highmaul and super strong well into Blackrock Foundry. Lets not forget that in BRF Arms still had the use of Bladestorm because mastery scaling had not yet settled in, so Arms had strong single target along with superior cleave and AOE that could compete with Fury on most fights.

You're talking about Arms pulling 30k at ilvl700 but I was pulling more than that in the ilvl 670s! Hell on my first kill of Gruul HC in the first week of BRF I pulled 31k dps as Gladiator, the first week it released. Here is proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49sgLJbNhA - 31k as Glad first week of BRF.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TRpAKZ1Uzs - 34k as Arms at ilvl679 just after Arms got nerfed, less than 2 weeks later.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdIF4Z5PEd0 - 43k on Twin Ogron during Highmaul.

These numbers you speak of don't add up, and I was not in a top guild at the time, this was a semi-casual guild of friends. Had I been raiding in a higher guild like the last year or so those numbers would have been higher due to faster kills, and I'm sure many top raiding warriors around here can post logs/videos pointing out just that.. Arms being behind Fury is some sort of figment of your imagination, both specs needed set bonuses painfully but prior to HFC it was Fury that suffered that more so, and with HFC having so many important cleave fights (Archimonde key among them) Arms was the go-to choice from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orBHTTeispE - Arms in T17 set on HC Xhul, prior to me getting my T18 set bonuses (or Archi trinket, obviously). I was not even at ilvl 700 in this, probably around 695 with T17 bonuses. Notice how the non T18 Warriors dominate because it's a cleave fight with adds to execute? Arms was strong for HFC progress before you even got T18. See the guy who finished 3rd out of of the 3 Warriors? He was Fury, an exceptional player but Fury.
    Granted I quit as HFC patch was released, but all beta testing and what I at least was aiming for was pure ST and cleave Arms most likely were stronger, if u had fights where u needed both ST and AOE u picked fury (like that bird I cant remember teh name of, iskar? BS madness).
    Tho I would have had the luxury of split farms to feed me tier sets so that was a non issue.

Earlier than that in WoD u only brought Arms for superiour cleave or insane execute phase dmg. On pure ST fury was indeed outshining Arms, unless u would be insane rng during execute phase as arms vs shit rng as fury.
    But as most of the fights, timing has a huge determined factor to what spec do good, longer execute phase usually was in favour of arms, as well as CD / trinket timers. Comes down to kill speed and such yo (thats why I usually hate sims because they arent trustworthy for shit).

Trust me, Im an engineer.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Hey. I am little bit lost with FR build rotation and I have a quick question.

Can someone tell me should I use always CS before MS if possible to get SD buff or does MS have higher priority than CS if the buff is already up on target?

Don't quote me on that, but I'm doing MS if CS debuff is up and I always CS over MS regardless of anything if CS debuff is down.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i just checked the adventure guide, loot, some legendaries are removed, like the ring

wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i just checked the adventure guide, loot, some legendaries are removed, like the ring

wtf?
    no rings still there..

they add to rings / neck just sockets

So Blizzard just released their blue post about their class balance - no class changes until after first week of raiding.
    So looks like Warriors are the only class to get any sort of change before class balance - makes sense as FR was looking to be one of the strongest specs in the game.