Against my better judgement I unlocked my third gold trait.. Void Cleave.

Now having used it over a few mythic + runs.. I feel bad for using that artifact power on that trait, those AP's were young and full of piss and vigor.. ready to be used on something with a modicum of effect, but no.. I used them on Void Cleave.

Feels bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Auru View Post

Now having used it over a few mythic + runs.. I feel bad for using that artifact power on that trait, those AP's were young and full of piss and vigor.. ready to be used on something with a modicum of effect, but no.. I used them on Void Cleave.

Feels bad.
    Yea VC is such a joke for a gold trait. It would feel insulting as a normal trait, even.

I have level 27 and I still dont have void cleave. That thing is really only worth it if you got the legendary legs imo.

I just retired from raiding this week, watch Blizzard buff Fury in the next couple weeks and make me want to play again. This is the first tier since early MOP where Arms Warrior was crap enough and I disliked it enough to not want to continue raiding progression, except this time Fury is also terrible.

Feels bad.
    It's very mildly useful on a cleave AOE burst setup. AKA Cleave > Warbr > BC + Avatar + WW > Bladestorm.. But yeah those situations pretty much never, ever present themselves in Emerald Nightmare raiding outside of trash mobs, somewhat handy in dungeons though.. To blow all your cooldowns on 5 seconds of somewhat competitive AOE!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Need some help with sim craft;
    Ive run quite a few sims, but it shows that my dps is somewhat higher using less mastery gear and more haste. Stats are 73% mastery,21% haste,2%vers,7% crit, does this seem right?

Quote Originally Posted by gordonwu87 View Post
    Need some help with sim craft;
    Ive run quite a few sims, but it shows that my dps is somewhat higher using less mastery gear and more haste. Stats are 73% mastery,21% haste,2%vers,7% crit, does this seem right?
    At 20% haste your GCD would be 1.25s, which would allow 5 GCD's within Battle Cry. (0, 1.25, 2.50, 3.75, 5.0) and so yep getting above 20% haste is a big dps breakpoint. Should be mentioned though that you will struggle to make it actually work in game even with 21-22% haste, at the very least you need to set up lag tolerance properly to precast your abilities and macro MS/Execute to Battle Cry to remove as much latency as possible to fit those GCD's within the 5s window.

So the actual sim value of haste vs mastery is a little bit exaggerated around 20% and the amount of haste required to reliably pull it off is higher than the sim shows, making it a still worthwhile but less lucrative increase than the sim might suggest.

quick question: during BC, should I be building FR still or spamming slam because of the second gold trait that causes shadow damage? My thinking is do we want to just get damage out or maximize the damage of 1 MS if we get no procs?

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot
    Last edited by Thrillhouse918; 2016-10-10 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudotq View Post
    quick question: during BC, should I be building FR still or spamming slam because of the second gold trait that causes shadow damage? My thinking is do we want to just get damage out or maximize the damage of 1 MS if we get no procs?
    You can spam FR and Slam at the same time, FR is not on the same GCD and is completely free from constraints/conflictions with other abilities.

Deleted
    thanks ^ but looking at top logs almost all warrs don't bother trying to get that haste, so is it most advisable just go straight up mastery then ?

Quote Originally Posted by hackisk View Post
    I can't stand arms, how do you do it?
    By always being being a Warrior, Blizzard not giving a shit, not giving you a choice and never lifting their finger to make anything better for anyone.

Deleted
    Fucking retri paladins climbing the damage meters on the back of my GBotM damage I tell you...

Quote Originally Posted by gordonwu87 View Post
    thanks ^ but looking at top logs almost all warrs don't bother trying to get that haste, so is it most advisable just go straight up mastery then ?
    It depends what gear you pick up along the way, the gearing situation at 850 means you go for straight mastery (a lot of people made 850 crafting gear with Mastery), above 850 you're at mercy of RNG with loot drops and the top of logs also happen to have Legendaries that lower logs generally don't have (gloves/ring make an astronomical difference), so I wouldn't get too carried away. Full mastery builds absolutely RNG higher though, they RNG lower too though, more variance either side.

If you're getting lots of haste/mastery drops you'd be silly to avoid the haste 20% cap, since you will get it pretty easily. If you're getting lots of Verse/Mast then you'd be silly to go for it intentionally.. Just gear the best you can for what you have available.

Which build do you guys go for 5 man's? It feels so shitty playing FR in them besides on the boss.

fr with sweepingstrikes is awsome cleave dps. ae dmg is near the level of fury / firemage / dh.

im myth + i do sweepingstrikes fr ms with cleave-buffed ww woven in. in overall dmg i have not been beaten by a similar geared player yet in m+ dungeons, only lost to furys (who suck at singletarget, and need big pulls for of, so their strongness diminsihes at higher m+ difficulties) and firemages with better gear.
    I got the legenary ww belt last week and tried a fevor of battle ww heavy build for m+, but even with the legendary belt, SS with cleaved whirlwinds is much tronger in ae, and its much more better in singletarget.

how do you think, is there any dps increase if use bladestorm on 2 target with only 1 CS, ofc without any cd's, or just keep ST rotation.
    Just doing Ursok myf and bothering if there any profit of this.

Deleted
    Was the slam rotation now the way we go? i.e. No more FR except for during BC spamstring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    fr with sweepingstrikes is awsome cleave dps. ae dmg is near the level of fury / firemage / dh.

im myth + i do sweepingstrikes fr ms with cleave-buffed ww woven in. in overall dmg i have not been beaten by a similar geared player yet in m+ dungeons, only lost to furys (who suck at singletarget, and need big pulls for of, so their strongness diminsihes at higher m+ difficulties) and firemages with better gear.
    I got the legenary ww belt last week and tried a fevor of battle ww heavy build for m+, but even with the legendary belt, SS with cleaved whirlwinds is much tronger in ae, and its much more better in singletarget.
    Do you have any log you can share ? i'm really struggling without dauntless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayxec View Post
    Do you have any log you can share ? i'm really struggling without dauntless.
    you need to do less slams to make it work

Please help me improve my deeps! Ursoc log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yg42NwarFRdv6mPx/#type=damage-done&fight=8&source=22

Deleted
    Is Fury the stronger spec now, after the hotfixes?