Page 4 of 493 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    We've all been spoilt by the current Class Trinket and 4 Set Bonus, can you remember how it is to play without CS or MS resetting? Yeah... Unless there's some fundamental changes in Legion that, along with a few new talents to press every 15/30/60 seconds that's all we're going to get in my opinion.

Sounds exhilarating.
    I quit after BRF so yes, I know what it's like without the class trinket and set bonus, it's mind numbingly boring and a big reason why I quit.

Deleted
    Yep, I think the only reason Arms wasn't totally scrapped is because of SS/Execute cleave :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Yep, I think the only reason Arms wasn't totally scrapped is because of SS/Execute cleave :/
    That is THE ONLY thing arms is good for. Fortunately for arms it's insanely overpowered in the moments when it can cleave executes.

Deleted
    Rets got a Charge that does aoe damage, Survivals a better Lambs to the Slaughter straight out of Cataclysm.
    Now I'm left to wonder what will they preview for Arms. Because as of now I see a lot of cool toys being thrown around that blatantly clash with the class fantasy they so much invoke.

Deleted
    Class fantasy is to others, not to warrior.

Bring Overpower and Blood & Thunder back, please.

I just read the DK changes and...it seems like as if they are doing one of two things.

1) Completely revamping the playstyle.
    OR
    2) Making changes to remove some of the annoying features of the class while introducing a somewhat less annoying feature tied to a core rotational spell.

I think Fury falls under the second category, ex. Meat Cleaver and Raging Blow changes. Arms on the other hand we have no info on - but I think considering the complaints on the downtime as well as the bandaid fixes they gave us through set bonuses and class trinket makes me wonder that changes for Arms will be exactly this - fixing downtime, perhaps improving rage generation, perhaps adding abilities that may generate rage and fix downtime simultaneously.

Personally, looking at how they are changing Death Knights - I think we are somewhat headed in the same direction. Overpower could possibly a good move in this direction, it could generate rage and we could have charges of it which are replenished by autoattacks or a chance on some of the rotational attacks i.e Mortal Strike and/or Whirlwind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    I just read the DK changes and...it seems like as if they are doing one of two things.

1) Completely revamping the playstyle.
    OR
    2) Making changes to remove some of the annoying features of the class while introducing a somewhat less annoying feature tied to a core rotational spell.

I think Fury falls under the second category, ex. Meat Cleaver and Raging Blow changes. Arms on the other hand we have no info on - but I think considering the complaints on the downtime as well as the bandaid fixes they gave us through set bonuses and class trinket makes me wonder that changes for Arms will be exactly this - fixing downtime, perhaps improving rage generation, perhaps adding abilities that may generate rage and fix downtime simultaneously.

Personally, looking at how they are changing Death Knights - I think we are somewhat headed in the same direction. Overpower could possibly a good move in this direction, it could generate rage and we could have charges of it which are replenished by autoattacks or a chance on some of the rotational attacks i.e Mortal Strike and/or Whirlwind.
    What i have seen a lot is a two resource system. DK Runes, Warlock Soul Shrad, Shadow Insanity, Ret Holy Power, Frost Mage Icicles. Could be possible we get something too.

Overpower or something similar will come back, I can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    What i have seen a lot is a two resource system. DK Runes, Warlock Soul Shrad, Shadow Insanity, Ret Holy Power, Frost Mage Icicles. Could be possible we get something too.
    A 2 resource system is definitely interesting. The problem however, is that for all of the other classes, except Death Knights, there exists a stationary, unimportant resource that doesn't really matter i.e Mana. Death Knights were the first dual resource system to my knowledge - Runes and Runic Power. What they've attempted with the other spec is more of a pseudo secondary resource, which is not quite the same.

If you analyze the DK resource system - there are runes, which do most of the damage, and runic power which is used to replenish the runes, and do some damage as well.

If you analyze the others, Mana is the same as Runic Power, except Mana consumption is not restricted in the same way as Runic Power generation, if you get what I mean. You cannot run out of Mana unless you use it for self heals, unless you're an Arcane Mage.

I doubt there will be any class that will resemble, or at least even come close to the true Dual Resource system that is Death Knights. At best we will have a primary resource, and a secondary sub-resource that is used for certain rotational spells, or to do the most damage i.e Soul Shards, Holy Power, Raging Blow charges, Icicles, etc.

On that note, if you read one of the leak posts, they may be trying to bring back Overpower using a new resource system called Precision, which is similar to how Shadow Priests currently work - but I doubt this will even happen because they did not talk about it in Blizzcon. At best, we will get changes similar to what I've stated.

Also, food for thought - https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...60593876652032 I'm posting this in the hope that people will not take it such that our Executes will be nerfed, rather that we will be probably the only strong Executing class/spec in Legion.
    Last edited by Kaljurei; 2015-11-10 at 10:02 PM.

Deleted
    I for one hope not to be balanced around Execute silliness.
    And I swear to god, if Whirlwind gets mentioned as somewhat core to the spec, I'm going to punch the floor so hard you'll hear about a new volcano in southern europe.

We're next boys. See you tomorrow morning. Keep those fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    We're next boys. See you tomorrow morning. Keep those fingers crossed.
    Will do, let's hope for some really good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Death Knights were the first dual resource system to my knowledge - Runes and Runic Power.
    Actually, Rogues were first with Energy and Combo Points. I always saw DKs as basically Warrior 2.0. They learned from the mistakes of vanilla/TBC Rage generation issues to create Runic Power, with Runes so there wasn't really any downtime. They have applied some of those lessons to Rage for warriors since then, but it's still a bit of a mess. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but dreadfully pessimistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Overpower or something similar will come back, I can feel it
    I second that.

Overpower and/or Slam for Arms.
    Heroic Strike for Fury.

Maybe not as we used to know them but if only to please/calm down the Warrior comm... (cause we're currently pretty much perma-enraged af IRL)
    Last edited by chooi; 2015-11-11 at 06:44 AM.

Deleted
    Why do you all want Overpower back? i dont get it, here's my view on overpower

this ability hit for absolutely nothing, it is the definition of a wet noodle. i would much rather see slam returning as a baseline ability and make whirlwind be aoe or replace it with cleave.

I know in pvp it is absolutely horrible to see your every move to be parried or dodge. BUT DO NOT FEAR!!! Overpower should still be available for you pvpers through your legion pvp talent tree, just like how death knights get their necrotic strike back through pvp talents.
    but for pve i see no place for overpower, most underwhelming ability specially damage wise.

Deleted
    I'm afraid ... after taking a look at what happened to prot paladins ...
    Don't want to have a secondary ressource nor beeing restricted by recharge type of abilities. That's not the way warriors are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is that new talent for colossus smash a dps increase?