sorry but i just cant find the execute and bladestorm pvp buff, only the 8% buff to it
    Last edited by Joakim1331; 2016-10-26 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    I remember they removed the SoO procs from hamstring aswell. Why haven't they added it back now ham is on the gcd again?

Yeah next round of changes I want to see:

-If they are going to double down on hamstring on GCD, allow it to proc OpS again and bring it up to a 60% slow.
    -Arms' stat template 35% more mastery, 25% less crit, 25% less haste (so template is: 100% str, 75% mastery, 100% haste, 100% crit, 125% vers)
    -Fury STR brought back to 100% from 80%. Same reasons as the bladestorm change, this was made in beta when Fury was too good.

I need some help with simcraft as I am doing something wrong. Using base pawn setting for arms it sets me at 842 ilvl with best upgrade per slot. So I imported character and ran the sims and got the personal stat weights and put the pawn string in. Changed all the gear around based on that and went to 846 ilvl, resimmed, and my damage went down 700 dps. It seems to be heavily undervaluing mastery (it is almost even with haste and strength, and those barely beat crit).

I am sitting between 70-77% mastery and highest ilvl I can reach is 852.

Obviously I am just a very casual player, but I still want to figure out what I am doing wrong with simcraft and how to fix it.

Thank you.

thank you kind sir

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Yeah next round of changes I want to see:

-If they are going to double down on hamstring on GCD, allow it to proc OpS again and bring it up to a 60% slow.
    -Arms' stat template 35% more mastery, 25% less crit, 25% less haste (so template is: 100% str, 75% mastery, 100% haste, 100% crit, 125% vers)
    -Fury STR brought back to 100% from 80%. Same reasons as the bladestorm change, this was made in beta when Fury was too good.
    I would so much rather see a flat Strength buff than mastery buff.. We're much more rage starved in pvp than in pve, so we get less procs by default. If you hide even more of our dmg behind Mastery it'll feel super shitty when you get that inevitable bad luck streak in arena and your pressure disappears. Right now we get a ~35% dmg buff from CS debuff in pvp. That's ok IMO. It's still significant but nothing like doing half dmg without procs like in PvE.

I agree that hamstring slow should be more than 50%. Feels super bad when some classes can kite you due to superior slows. Ours is already the worst melee slow there is due to heavy cost, now its on GCD too. Needs some buffs

Quote Originally Posted by inxi View Post
    I would so much rather see a flat Strength buff than mastery buff.. We're much more rage starved in pvp than in pve, so we get less procs by default. If you hide even more of our dmg behind Mastery it'll feel super shitty when you get that inevitable bad luck streak in arena and your pressure disappears. Right now we get a ~35% dmg buff from CS debuff in pvp. That's ok IMO. It's still significant but nothing like doing half dmg without procs like in PvE.

I agree that hamstring slow should be more than 50%. Feels super bad when some classes can kite you due to superior slows. Ours is already the worst melee slow there is due to heavy cost, now its on GCD too. Needs some buffs
    Eh between rage machine and shadow of the colossus I usually get CS procs up the ass. Near 100% uptime honestly. Just feels bad that pve mastery is a 100% increase and pvp is 22%. Obviously pvp can't ever reach those levels, but getting a 30-35% damage increase would be nice (from mastery).

From my order hall chest I ended up getting the belt legendary, the one that makes WW hit an extra time if there's 3(?)+ mobs that it hits. I've noticed I do WAY more aoe damage and was curious if anyone has done the math to see if bladestorm is still a dps increase? I don't know now if it's better to use BC for a 4x WW combo or to still stack it with BS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Eh between rage machine and shadow of the colossus I usually get CS procs up the ass. Near 100% uptime honestly. Just feels bad that pve mastery is a 100% increase and pvp is 22%. Obviously pvp can't ever reach those levels, but getting a 30-35% damage increase would be nice (from mastery).
    Sure, any dmg buff is welcome. I still fail to see how buffing mastery over just flat Str would be better. You do get kited from time to time and you won't get procs if you aren't getting hit with rage machine. There are multiple situations where you won't swim in rage and dropping CS debuff would hurt insanely hard. I'd rather be overall powerful in every sitation than situationally powerful when I have the rage for good debuff uptime.

edit: also picking rage machine is the wrong play against any caster or rdruid teams. Spell reflect for that sweet utility and counterplay/outplay potential wins hands down. We need a spec that isn't only viable with specific talents

Is Pain Train not as reliable as Shadow of the Colossus and Rage Machine in PvP?

So I got the legendary pants today and tried them out in some mythics and heroics. The idea of them is cool, but the reality is pretty clunky. They don't work great for an opener on a pack as you lose the rage from charge. So you charge in and then back out a bit an HL like 2 yards or whatever for the debuff. There goes my immersion. Also, it has no synergy with heroic charge. I've sacrificed 2 goats to the RNG gods today, so maybe I'll get the gloves.

At what ilvl gap do we replace PS with other relics? 10+?

Quote Originally Posted by inxi View Post

I just think a mastery increase is far more likely than a strength. I don't think any melee spec has over 100% strength right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Is Pain Train not as reliable as Shadow of the Colossus and Rage Machine in PvP?
    Depends on your comp but I don't really like it. Shadow of the Colossus + double time is just so much damage, and pain train only gives your allies 30% crit now -- still good, but not the 100% that it was at launch. Shadow of the Colossus is also a huge safety net for bad luck in pvp, just a forced tactician proc. Can also be used to get that extra finisher damage on a low HP target.

And that's without yet mentioning the obvious synergy with echo slam. Just a really tough talent to give up.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-10-26 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry- View Post
    At what ilvl gap do we replace PS with other relics? 10+?
    Something like that. Don't believe the relic list from Lawskywall, they're simmed as if that is the only relic slotted vs 0 relics, not necessarily compared to one another when you have multiple of the same ones.

Quote Originally Posted by figglesfiggles View Post
    From my order hall chest I ended up getting the belt legendary, the one that makes WW hit an extra time if there's 3(?)+ mobs that it hits. I've noticed I do WAY more aoe damage and was curious if anyone has done the math to see if bladestorm is still a dps increase? I don't know now if it's better to use BC for a 4x WW combo or to still stack it with BS.
    Its still worth using Bladestorm for aoe over WW spam, remember you still have to spend rage on WW, while bladestorm will gain you rage while its channeling.

If you are about to use AoE CS you should use cleave (W/o warbreaker or cd's) then use warbreaker -> WW+rest of your cd's and start to bladestorm. An empowered ww is going to do more than 1 gcd worth of bladestorm and if you got enough haste you can fit another cleave before the CS debuff goes away after coming out of bladestorm.
    Last edited by Khelon; 2016-10-27 at 04:57 AM. Reason: wrong quote

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Its still worth using Bladestorm for aoe over WW spam, remember you still have to spend rage on WW, while bladestorm will gain you rage while its channeling.

If you are about to use AoE CS you should use cleave (W/o warbreaker or cd's) then use warbreaker -> WW+rest of your cd's and start to bladestorm. An empowered ww is going to do more than 1 gcd worth of bladestorm and if you got enough haste you can fit another cleave + WW before the CS debuff goes away after coming out of bladestorm.
    So..

Cleave -> Warbreaker -> WW+CD's -> BS

so that's basically buffing the WW whilst you've got the CS debuff active but not using it for the cleave so that it'll last more into BS/cleave+WW with enough haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Iraal View Post
    So..

Cleave -> Warbreaker -> WW+CD's -> BS

so that's basically buffing the WW whilst you've got the CS debuff active but not using it for the cleave so that it'll last more into BS/cleave+WW with enough haste?
    Yes but you dont need much haste to pull this off, 15% should be good enough.

But if you got around 25% haste (not likely without bloodlust or big trinket procs) you can fit 1 more gcd's inside the warbreaker window than you would with like 10-15% (which is more likely to happen with the current gearing.)

Cleave -> WB -> WW+CD's (2 gcd's used and only room for bladestorm with low haste)
    Cleave -> WB -> WW+CD's -> Bladestorm -> Cleave (with 25%-27% haste)

I havent done the full math on the last gcd thing as most people wont reach it, but might be worth it to just throw a ms out instead of cleave as you could have stacked a 3x focused rage on the cleave, wb and ww gcd's before going into bladestorm.
    Last edited by Khelon; 2016-10-27 at 05:02 AM.

Trinket question: I've currently got these trinkets

845 Memento of Angerboda
    845 WQ stat stick
    835 Spontaneous Appendages

Right now I'm using the Appendages and the memento. Is this the right thing to do?

Just got my first legendary the other day finally, the cc ring. I'm pretty stoked honestly; I think I'm gonna pick up a fresh bottle of bleach on my way home from work today, but yeah this ring is garbage compared to any ring with a decent amount of mastery on it isn't it?