Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Void Cleave is just paying penance for how insane the other two golden dragons are.
    I hardly think a slightly better aoe trait would notably upset the balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abenbobo View Post
    So what trinket is better here. 840 WQ Mastery or 880 Ursoc's Rending Paw?
    Rending Paw, not even close.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Looks like blizzard are sticking to their guns on this one.

Upcoming Warrior PvP changes.

Hamstring damage has been increased considerably, and now lasts for 12 seconds in PvP.

(Arms) Strength and Stamina increased by 10%.
    (Fury) Strength and Stamina increased by 10%.

Developer Notes: Patch 7.1 put Hamstring back on the global cooldown, and while we still feel that that’s the correct choice for that ability, we understand that this change had a major impact on PvP Warriors’ damage rotation, as well as Hamstring’s overall uptime. To compensate, we’ve increased Hamstring’s duration so that it needs to be applied less frequently, and massively increased its damage to help make it feel worthwhile to use. Additionally, we felt that Warriors weren't feeling quite tough enough in PvP, so we’ve increased Strength and Stamina for Arms and Fury.

Hmm, combined with the nerfs to other classes, warrior might actually be back. So overall, execute buff, bladestorm actually hurts, lots of additional health, and just more overall damage.

Not in a position to check the hamstring damage change, but if it does a fair amount of damage now + lasting 12s (it lasted what, 7s before?) -- that'll be pretty strong. I just wish it procc'd OpS.

Hmm, combined with the nerfs to other classes, warrior might actually be back. So overall, execute buff, bladestorm actually hurts, lots of additional health, and just more overall damage.

Not in a position to check the hamstring damage change, but if it does a fair amount of damage now + lasting 12s (it lasted what, 7s before?) -- that'll be pretty strong. I just wish it procc'd OpS.
    wish they would just say how much damage hamstring will do. damage increased considerably is a bit vauge

7+ Year Old Account

Every buff is welcome! But saying that Bladestorm actually hurts is kinda misleading. It only does decent damage if you hit two targets or more. Single target its less damage per second than spamming MS and Slam. It's still best saved as cc break unless you get some sick cleave off it.

Str buff is good though! Increased stamina actually pushes our effective hp up by alot with defensive stance. We'll be even harder to kill when babysitting the enhance shammy with Intercept in Turbo cleave! Looks damn juicy overall - i hope it's enough. Can't wait to que up and test some 2s

Can't imagine many people are going to be happy with this change, Hamstring on the GCD isn't nice for gameplay and nobody gave a fuck about the dps it did anyway. With all the root/slow breaks in the game it's the re-applying that becomes important, which is why GCD is such a big dps loss. Dunno how Arms will perform in PVP and to be honest it affects me very little, I dont do much PVP... But I don't see how this is going to be seen as anything other than a mild insult by the majority of PVP Warriors.

In other news, finally got my 2nd Legendary. Weight of The Earth just dropped for me in Maw 10, nice trophy piece for my mantle as they aren't worth using.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Can't imagine many people are going to be happy with this change, Hamstring on the GCD isn't nice for gameplay and nobody gave a fuck about the dps it did anyway. With all the root/slow breaks in the game it's the re-applying that becomes important, which is why GCD is such a big dps loss. Dunno how Arms will perform in PVP and to be honest it affects me very little, I dont do much PVP... But I don't see how this is going to be seen as anything other than a mild insult by the majority of PVP Warriors.

In other news, finally got my 2nd Legendary. Weight of The Earth just dropped for me in Maw 10, nice trophy piece for my mantle as they aren't worth using.
    Yeah totally agree that Hamstring on global feels like intentionally handicapping us. We're one of few melees who have to deal with a 1,5sec gcd (right?) and using globals on hamstring is shit when every other melee has a better slow that is autoapplied or ranged. And yes, WW slow is ranged with a honor talent.

Buffing str or stamina will never fix mechanical issues with the spec like hamstring on global or lack of utility and reliance on RNG for CS procs. But they kinda have to push our damage up so long as we're handicapped like this and are relegated to damage bots

Quote Originally Posted by inxi View Post
    Yeah totally agree that Hamstring on global feels like intentionally handicapping us. We're one of few melees who have to deal with a 1,5sec gcd (right?) and using globals on hamstring is shit when every other melee has a better slow that is autoapplied or ranged. And yes, WW slow is ranged with a honor talent.

Buffing str or stamina will never fix mechanical issues with the spec like hamstring on global or lack of utility and reliance on RNG for CS procs. But they kinda have to push our damage up so long as we're handicapped like this and are relegated to damage bots
    Agreed. I think what they're doing with str/stamina is making sure other players are aware of how fearsome we are. I mean, Warriors should be feared when going 1 on 1 with them. We don't have ranged attacks, but we have some very sick burst damage.

That Hamstring damage is cute. I wonder how much damage it's going to do.

Deleted
    Unless it's Overpower level damage wise, damage on Hamstring won't mean much, I fear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Rending Paw, not even close.
    You really think it's that must better considering Arms will only be able to get at best 2 AA's within the BC window?

When should we being using potion of the old war? on pull or during execute phase?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reslient View Post
    When should we being using potion of the old war? on pull or during execute phase?
    Uhm, both? Just pre-pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Abenbobo View Post
    You really think it's that must better considering Arms will only be able to get at best 2 AA's within the BC window?
    Yes. Rending paw's proc chance is modified by crit rate, and it's RPPM. Since you probably go 10+ seconds without an AA crit, it's extremely likely to proc on the first hit of every BC, and has a good chance of proccing a second time too. After 7.1, most logs have a decent ilvl paw as something like ~3% of overall damage, which is pretty good. An 840 unsocketed WQ trinket will easily get beaten by it.

Pre-pull, and along with avatar+BC any other time during the fight(or with BL if you aren't doing it on pull, e.g. Ursoc). Execute range has no impact on its strength. Syncing it with other buffs is what matters.

Actually, like Xanthan said, you should align it with Procs + BC/Avatar.

If you can, you shouldn't use it during execute, simply because that helps shortening the 20-0% phase :P
    Last edited by Ferozan; 2016-11-01 at 10:11 PM.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    If you can, you shouldn't use it during execute, simply because that helps shortening the 20-0% phase :P
    Surely something wrong with this logic?

edit: my mistake, thanks for explaining below.
    Last edited by mmoc129305dbce; 2016-11-01 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qob View Post
    Surely something wrong with this logic?
    The pot damage doesn't scale with the damage of the skill that procs it. It has it's own damage coefficient that scales with Colossus Smash and your CDs.
    You should use it when you stack your CDs/Procs/everything. That doesn't mean it will be necessarily on the 20% phase, you could stack them before (2nd/3rd avatar, for example)
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Did MS get stealth nerfed? seems to be hitting roughly 100k less than it was yesterday. Tooltip damage is really low compared to what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostracized11 View Post
    Did MS get stealth nerfed? seems to be hitting roughly 100k less than it was yesterday. Tooltip damage is really low compared to what it was.
    my tooltip still matches with 376% weapon damage, same as its always been.

hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostracized11 View Post
    I noticed the same thing.