Quote Originally Posted by hamstring View Post
    I was under the assumption that PS, like DC gives the full rage value towards tactician, is this not how it works?
    you're "spending" more rage for tactician, but spending less in terms of anger management.

no where does it show a nerf to the ring yet.

- - - Updated - - -

you can probably safely assume since there are 3 DK ones and 1 for each spec the list isn't complete

Some classes got 1 for each spec and others got 1 for all 3 specs. I'm really hoping that awful excuse for a shoulder isn't our only new leg across all 3 specs, but I'm pretty sure it just is. Just another piece of trash you gotta hope you don't roll.

I got 875 odyn trinket pure mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Don't forget that we only got one fucking new legendary. One, and the other classes got 2-3 each. Oh I love Heroic Leaping three times in a row ... What fucking utter stupidity did the put in there. This is going to get nerfed to 2 Heroic Leaps. You guys wanna know why? Combine that with the Legendary legs that gives Heroic Leap WB when you land and you have some godly DPS and people are going to bitch from here to the heavens. You can have about 24 seconds total of WB debuff on your enemies which is great AoE (without using the actual skill, WB).
    Legs legendary do not proc Shattered defenses tho

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Legs legendary do not proc Shattered defenses tho
    Yeah, so it barely helps on boss damage, unless you have absolute shit RNG with tactician. I guess it adds damage by reducing movement in fights, but really... Another utility legendary is not fun. Doesn't change the hierchy of legendaries at all for Warriors, even with the nerfs to the gloves and ring.

got gloves and neck...now gloves are getting hit hard (it is hard nerf if it stays 8 rage). then whole previous week only upgrade i got was 890 haste ring and chest gave me another 880 haste ring. fate is forcing me to play fury or tank but i still stand my ground as arms (while crying about blizzard impaling my spec again and again) ...oh well ^^

Even less incentive to play arms now, lmao. How does this shit keep happening is beyond me. I hoped the rng and rage income would be smoother.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-16 at 10:56 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i am gonna assume that they are buffing other talents for different choices and gameplay, as they said, then i wouldn't mind the gloves nerf

but if we get a flatout nerf without anything, then yeah, they hate us

7+ Year Old Account
    why nerf charge

If the new shoulders increased heroic leap damage by 1000% it would turn into a cool dmg ability both for AOE and for ST. Currently they are very uninteresting

lmao, they also killed Echo Slam for pvp.

It boggles my mind how they could design such a legendary given the disaster of previous legendaries. I have absolutely no use for more charges of Heroic Leap and even if I did the benefit would be incredibly small. It seems to me to be the worst legendary for Arms(?). Obviously it has synergy with the legendary legs, but that has pracically no benefit in raids and in M+ you might as well go Fury. As Atherions said they could have done a really cool legendary if it also did some non-negligble damage (and thereby alleviating arms shitty AoE).

Eh, they're not thaaat bad, useful for stuff loke Odyn and other annoying movement fights and just general gameplay, way better than the boots of negligible movement speed increase at least. Just wish they hadn't dropped crit on yet another of our legendaries, 7 out of 9 having the worst stat is starting to sound like a really bad joke :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warrior pvp buffs are actually retarded and will put this class way ahead of other melee.

30 second cd Disarm + 1 Min CD Rallying Cry + War Banner + 15 sec cd on sharpen blade or 45 second cd on bladestorm. Then stack Howl of Terror + Shockwave and you'll see how dumb the utility this class has in PvP now.

No reason to play Rogue or DK if these classes don't get any major changes to their tree. Warrior will just be the better version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The Warrior pvp buffs are actually retarded and will put this class way ahead of other melee.

30 second cd Disarm + 1 Min CD Rallying Cry + War Banner + 15 sec cd on sharpen blade or 45 second cd on bladestorm. Then stack Howl of Terror + Shockwave and you'll see how dumb the utility this class has in PvP now.

No reason to play Rogue or DK if these classes don't get any major changes to their tree. Warrior will just be the better version.
    We needed utility so we can be valuable in PvP, because right now we really aren't without sacrificing something. Warriors should be feared when you go toe-to-toe with them and that's how it should be. We're the only pure physical class in the game (ignore the shadow damage from Art weapon) and we just burst things very fast. Demon Hunters are really freaking retarded right now with their superior mobility (excuse my language), high leech (seriously ...), that 30/45 second Avatar-like skill, AoE stun (NOT frontal cone), etc. Rogues have all those CCs and they can deal moderate damage. Those changes are reasonable, but I think the Sharpen Blade is probably going to get nerfed.

I'm just trying to wrap this inside my head right now. Should Warriors SERIOUSLY not have any type of utility? I was thinking of having Shockwave as a standard skill rather than a damn talent, because everyone else seems to have something.
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2016-11-16 at 02:40 PM.

New shoulder screams Leapquake barb all over lol. Obviously they want you to use it with the pants and somehow fix the AOE? while fucking over single target completely. It's really evident that they don't play their own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    New shoulder screams Leapquake barb all over lol. Obviously they want you to use it with the pants and somehow fix the AOE? while fucking over single target completely. It's really evident that they don't play their own game.
    It doesn't really do a lot for the AOE, because you're gated mostly by Battle Cry and Bladestorm cooldowns. Bounding Stride + Legs is already enough to cover that by itself (BC windows), and combined with the Whirlwind belt it's far more effective. It's not as if we actually have any pure sustained AOE fights anyway, and if we did due to our huge mastery reliance and zero crit philosophy (because of battle cry) our AOE outside of cooldowns is very poor even with 100% CS uptime.

Pretty much we don't have the tools as a class to really make good use of the shoulders even when paired with the Leap Legs. And of course for Prot/Fury they are even more useless. Sure the shoulders are a cool utility item, but it's clear people aren't going to be happy with that when others are getting straight up damage boosters.

So yeah even on AOE and paired with the legs the shoulders aren't that good, unless some major changes go in with the class.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-11-16 at 04:22 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    That's part of the problem. You have diablo devs creating these legendaries and while leapquake was cool there, it doesn't work in WoW. Heroic Leap doesn't deal any sort of damage and is purely a mobility skill, leapquake works in diablo because it's a monstrous damage build you enjoy spamming your leap to stack up those earthquakes, stun everything, and do a ton of damage.

This is like making a monk set/item from diablo that allows monks to roll more often -- it's just fucking useless because mobility skills in diablo did a billion damage. That's why giving them short CDs or more charges was FUN. Shoving all these heroic leap legs on us when the skill is solely used for re-positioning is just dumb. Not to mention two of the other warrior specs don't even have access to the legendary legs to pair this with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

And that's completely fine. Now that warriors will have some utility they can start chipping away at the stat template if warriors prove to be OP. The warrior template was on steroids because the class was devoid of any sort of utility and so all you did was spam your pve rotation on a target and stormbolt the enemy healer once every 30s. This patch will actually introduce tons of utility choice to warr, separate bad ones from good ones and give you something to do in PvP. If it comes at the cost of -20% str or something, so be it.

Not to mention our single best honor talent and what made warriors playable previously, echo slam, is getting removed which was a big part of our pressure. So we're already trading 6-10% damage (that was passive and off the GCD which makes it even more important) for more utility. I'll take that trade any day.

DK still brings more damage than warriors (much more after echo slam removal), x3 roots, and death grip. DKs are incredibly hard for healers to deal with as a result right now, and those three advantages will always give them a place along side warriors or in other comps. Rogues, while admittedly weak right now (as are warrs) still have their toolkit (just not the stats). Kidney shot will always be the best stun in the game, and blind one of the best CC's. They probably need some stat template love, but again, the point of adding unique utility is that classes offer different things.

Warrior won't offer the mobility or control of sub at all, but will offer duel/banner/beefed MS. DK won't offer the utility of warrior, but will offer more damage, death grip, and roots up the ass. This kind of direction of injecting specs with more, and unique types of utility is what pvp needs. When you have 4-5 specs with very little utility, whoever has their template tuned the highest in a particular week is the best, and whoever got a meganerfed template is the worst, cycle of boom and bust.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-11-16 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    DKs were a problem in s5, an issue in s6, a strong class in s7 and a complete non factor in s8, which is basically all of Wrath given how long it lasted.
    Good ones stood out, bad ones flopped like sheets of paper. Overall a balanced class now that time has passed. We can admit it to ourselves.

Shadowmourne and PvE gear was indeed a real issue, this much I concede. But it didn't break the game per se. And the fact that you mention Rets and not the real issues tells me you're just a washed up kid who probably got bodied by your own inability to kite a cd.
    Outdated classes such as... ? Because Wrath had it best in terms of class identity, and lost to the senseless gear scaling that the devs themselves couldn't predict, moreso considering the added layer of Ruby Sanctum with more demented trinkets that further aggravated the thing.

But it was in a really reduced magnitude, and it effected the upper echelons of the ladder and those alone. Better players in Wrath had the tools to stand out.
    One above all: Vileroze.

YOU think before you post.
    CCs, as bad as they are, aren't even close to the shitshow that random misses and resistances were. It was beyond frustrating and overall just bad design.
    The only thing that a Warrior could do against an equally skilled Restodruid, in TBC, was hope for a Macestun chain proc. In Wrath you had better tools and better room for decision making.

Same goes for the overall state of the arena: 2v2 (which mattered at the time, and thank god that given the powercreep that bracket is left to learn the ropes and nothing else) had Warriors losing by default against some other premiere comps, and you had a grand amount of ZERO chance to win against a good Rogue.

Because if you complain about PvE gear ruining the game in Wrath, you clearly don't remember how bad it was with Sunwell geared nobodies and Warglaive Subs.

@Anbokr,
    I'd much rather have them try and keep moving the knots than the sorry statement Blizz handed to Restodruids: we know the issue, we'll fix it next expansion.
    The frequency of the updates is heartening, if nothing else.
    just stop - becasue your wrong

they balanced 2's and 3's back in BC something they cant do today =they only balance 3''s.what that tell us?BC had better balanced pvp/arenas.

to many specs/to many classes/to many talents that game cant be balanced today,part of what made BC great was the fact that few classes were in game = better balance.

im lmfao at what you said about DK's - they were so bad they made videos of clickers hitting high end area.

and lol at ret not being op'ed -im guessing you played one