Quote Originally Posted by Kitaen View Post
    sorry you have no clue, the new sweeping strikes is borderline insane. i just did a 850k BRH 9, a 730k CoS 9 which is far beyond everything i had before. it were boost runs even, with zero dps boosted guys
    ilvl and trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Curious how some of you are faring in M+ compared to 7.1.5? Feel much better? Same? Worse? Especially relative to Fury, for anyone that used to switch back and forth.
    You're on the fence about fury / arms right?

My arms weapon is 914 with 54 perks while fury is 889 with 35. Fury just seems totally bonkers right now for trash, like my weapon is so far behind where i'm at with arms but it still does okay. I do have the WW belt and sephuz though so that helps im sure but yeah, it's a lot of fun cruising around with so much haste.

I'm having a lot of fun / success with sweeping strikes as well but I do have the gloves / execute ring which probably helps a lot not having dauntless and of course executes to cleave before -20%.

Guess that's probably not much help, other than to say it seems like you can't really go wrong right now. I'm really enjoying both and hope to have fury to 54 with better relics soon!

Deleted
    sorry you have no clue, the new sweeping strikes is borderline insane. i just did a 850k BRH 9, a 730k CoS 9 which is far beyond everything i had before. it were boost runs even, with zero dps boosted guys
    Did you change any other talents?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroid View Post
    I do have the gloves / execute ring
    Okay I'm sorry mate, no offense or anything, but your dps number feedback is kind of invalid for nearly all Arms players out there. You have the absolute luxury of what any Arms warrior can ever wish for but will never have, and any numbers you can produce does not even remotely represent what someone without those items has any chance of doing. Everything will work for you with items like those. You could go Mortal Combo and still completely cream a high-geared FR build on dps I'll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    It is fairly easy to achieve even without leg gloves with a bunch of tactician procs and haste increases.

Also you want to lower your rage just before BC cooldown comes up.
    Our Warriors must have drastically different procs rates then. I have two Exploit the Weakness relics in my weapon and still am rage starved on occasion.

If you're getting a bunch of Tactician procs, do you even have time to build FR to 3 stacks?

And I am not even remotely sure of what haste increases you're talking about.

Regarding Arms vs Fury this patch. Playing with the Frothing + Reckless Abandon Fury spec on dummies I can sustain the same dps as I can with Arms but it seems I can sustain it as Fury indefinitely without much RNG variance, despite a less optimised gearset and only lvl 26 weapon (44 Arms).

Problem with Arms on longer sustained is you pretty much always will get a tactition drought at some point and when you do it demolishes your dps, of course in actual raiding you usually get saved by the Execute phase and the Bloodlust (usually on pull) provides so much upfront dps that it makes up for it, but in long term sustained dps with no Bloodlust during the period (aka swinging at a dummy) Arms is almost doomed to eventually to plummet through poor RNG, despite my superior Arms set on sustained I eventually always drop down to or below my Fury dps on dummies, and always because of a shortage of tactition procs (such as a period of none at all).

I'm sticking with Arms for Nighthold, but the reliability of Fury dps and less reliance on sometimes brutal RNG is very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhumed View Post
    Okay I'm sorry mate, no offense or anything, but your dps number feedback is kind of invalid for nearly all Arms players out there. You have the absolute luxury of what any Arms warrior can ever wish for but will never have, and any numbers you can produce does not even remotely represent what someone without those items has any chance of doing. Everything will work for you with items like those. You could go Mortal Combo and still completely cream a high-geared FR build on dps I'll bet.
    Gloves/Ring not that strong anymore man, I got the ring last week. Last week it was like a bloody strobe light, procs all over the place it was glorious. This week you mark an event down on your calender to celebrate the annual proc, it really does not proc often. The ring also seems to function differently in the open world to in dungeons/raids regarding procs (might be the same for all RPPM items), it will almost always proc instantly in the open world on new combat, but in a raid it pretty much never procs on the pull. And the gloves while they are still sweet, it's only 8 rage now so not quite as ludicrous as it was. I'm currently switching between Ring/Legs/Boots, Legs probably going to have the biggest impact going forward due to AOE.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-01-13 at 03:07 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I tried the Rend/Titanic Might build... that felt so weak it made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I tried the Rend/Titanic Might build... that felt so weak it made me sad.
    Titanic Might will never be viable unless it increased the effectiveness of colossus smash since the class tends to be balanced around doing its best, the arms warrior is already balanced around nearly 100% col smash uptime given that you can certainly get lucky and keep proccing smash. Maybe if the Titanic Might increased the damage you do to a target effected by col' smash by 5-10% it'd be viable.

This is why col' smash proccing is itself bad design. It causes for impossible balancing. If it was just a cool down that couldnt proc, then it could easily be balanced.

Its kinda like the rogue issue with roll bones. Due to the random nature of roll bones, a rogue at its best (rng gods on their side) will out perform anyone if roll bones is to strong.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-01-13 at 03:27 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Yea, also tried. Not worth it in my opinion.

Deleted
    What is that poor RNG u are talking about? If i have poor rng i am in top 3-4 dps during encounter. But if i get good rng i am destroying the meters oO

Quote Originally Posted by Novoal7 View Post
    Our Warriors must have drastically different procs rates then. I have two Exploit the Weakness relics in my weapon and still am rage starved on occasion.

If you're getting a bunch of Tactician procs, do you even have time to build FR to 3 stacks?

And I am not even remotely sure of what haste increases you're talking about.
    First of all I'm not talking about dummy bosses where you stand in one place for the whole fight. Most of the time you charge a lot even if you don't need to move a much, just because. In some cases it is impossible to lower your rage before BC without heavy FR spam just to not get rage capped during BC (and every point of rage while capped is a lost rage).

Here is an example of random (no gloves) warrior from Odyn mythic:
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-01-13 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    What is that poor RNG u are talking about? If i have poor rng i am in top 3-4 dps during encounter. But if i get good rng i am destroying the meters oO
    Ranking statistics would point to this being more to do with the players in your raid group being bad than Arms dps being good, considering Arms is the 15th highest spec from 75-90% and 14th highest spec at 95% and 12th highest spec at 99%. Arms can do well through good RNG, and with poor RNG it's pretty weak. Of course this problem doesn't show up so much with fast kill times, since you're blessed by high overall Bloodlust uptime (in relation to fight duration) and quickly entering Execute phase.

But with that considered, Arms performs better on faster fights and yet is only at best the 12th highest performing spec overall, and on average the 15th highest spec, during a time period when super fast kill times through overgearing are the norm. So that means if you're so easily outclassing your raid, your raid just isnt as good as or you or as well geared.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Arms is this low on average is just because of very poor aoe skill kit. Seriously, Cleave is probably the most underused skill in the whole game.

For those of you with the legs, what is your openening m+ pull? Do you leap on mobs and use bounding stride to run out and charge back in? Because if you leap in and try to aoe you have 0 rage without BC rip lol.

Also to note on other topics, having 47 traits in arms and 28 in fury and only pulling slightly less as fury with no rng is kind of sad but I feel like I need to just continue on to 54 at this point :/

Quote Originally Posted by MightyCrixus View Post
    Also to note on other topics, having 47 traits in arms and 28 in fury and only pulling slightly less as fury with no rng is kind of sad but I feel like I need to just continue on to 54 at this point :/
    Yeah... I'm at 54 arms and 914 weapon and 38 fury with 890 weapon and tried fury out for our heroic clear. I did 521k on nythendra which honestly at that point since my weapon has so much room to go really makes me think about switching. I made a lot of mistakes on the other fights but still managed to land around the 450-475k area so it's nice to know that it's my skill that matters rather than pure RNG.

I imagine the 4 set and draught of souls will go a long way for arms but it's not like that stuffs bad for fury either. Definitely gotta think about this some more.
    Last edited by Mondroid; 2017-01-13 at 05:32 PM.

Tried it a bit but was underwhelmed to say the least after reading of such promising results so could you post me your setup and a couple logs so I can figure out what I am doing wrong ? I can easily burst hard but sustain is just terrible.
    I made a lot of mistakes on the other fights but still managed to land around the 450-475k area so it's nice to know that it's my skill that matters rather than pure RNG.
    did 666 k on guarm m. Was mostly ms crit luck had 70%

Quote Originally Posted by Exhumed View Post
    ^ What he said. Gloves and Ring will put you way far out than any other FR Arms warrior that's missing one or both of these legendary. Fury is not even an option to look at this point. I have the ring, I'm praying for the gloves to drop but who knows. Even the nerf to all DPS legendaries, the Gloves feel like the best choice to have to retain as much rage as you can in your pool.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Tried it a bit but was underwhelmed to say the least after reading of such promising results so could you post me your setup and a couple logs so I can figure out what I am doing wrong ? I can easily burst hard but sustain is just terrible.

did 666 k on guarm m. Was mostly ms crit luck had 70%
    Not Kitaen but in my experience with it there are a couple things to keep in mind

1. the cleave seems to take place from your character model, not the target enemy. position yourself near the mobs you want to cleave.

2. don't spam ww / slam, you want 3 stack MS's and without dauntless you can rage starve yourself.

3. There's a bug with execute not doing full damage to the 2nd or 3rd target. Nothing you can really do about this but you may want to prioritize MS for shattered defenses.

4. Wear enough haste for the 5th GCD inside of BC which will be another MS (unless you get a tact proc). If you can't easily reach the haste break point consider Sephuz and shockwave just before you pop cooldowns.

can you explain why people using mark of hidden satyr ( while it does 1.5-3%? where 3-3.5% is like 1/100 pull) instead of soldier with 3% dmg increase?

Not Kitaen but in my experience with it there are a couple things to keep in mind
    Well those are kinda nobrainers. The execute bug I wasn't aware off that might explain the ridiculously low hits. Problem was really the lack of tactician procs and lack of cooldown reduction on battlecry from too little rage - I don't have sephuz to try that out that might help quite a bit. I presume the pants would also work quite well since ms without cs debuff barely tickles.
    I had a couple of range issues as well, not sure how to rectify all of them though since I don't think it an issue with my positioning.
    Even just a buff by 2 yards would help immensely.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-01-13 at 11:18 PM.