Anyone have any thoughts on the new legendary trinket, http://www.wowdb.com/items/144259-ki...s-burning-wish ?

I got it yesterday. It was doing about 8-10% of my dps on the dummy, single target. I'm guessing aoe would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the new legendary trinket, http://www.wowdb.com/items/144259-ki...s-burning-wish ?

I got it yesterday. It was doing about 8-10% of my dps on the dummy, single target. I'm guessing aoe would be wonderful.
    It's 2nd best behind execute ring so it's very good and gets better in AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroid View Post
    It's funny how relieving it is to hear that. I guess that's the state of specs and legendaries, lol. I'm also pleased with the fact that i can use it with fury as well. Not sure about prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroid View Post
    Whats the order for best legendaries now? Are my gloves completely shit? :C

Updated Arms Compedium says that gloves are 4th below ring=>trinket=>legs; the difference between legs and gloves is insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaha View Post
    Updated Arms Compedium says that gloves are 4th below ring=>trinket=>legs; the difference between legs and gloves is insignificant.
    well i guess ill hope for ring then

So the gloves are crap now ... fuck, lol. I wanted them, now I want the pants and trinket more.

Welp, just rage quit my guild after the loot council gave Draught of Souls to a 2 week old ret pally who is consistently at the bottom of the logs over me (top 3 every fight)... Really saddened, but I lost all faith in that loot council after that. I didn't care nor expect tier pieces. Didn't care nor expect relics. Didn't care nor expect random off pieces. Didn't expect much because I knew this loot council and how consistently dumb it was. I didn't expect that DoS snub at all though.

What I did expect was a 15-20% flat ST upgrade for me vs. a 4-8% for someone else. That single trinket that currently, by a far margin, is THE warrior trinket. Kind of the reason why loot councils even exist. Not to mention the GM talked to me extensively all week about this trinket, knew how big it was for warriors -- had it precisely explained to him specifically why warriors benefit more than any other class and saw logs.

Unfortunately, the loot council is cluttered with old guard officers that don't really care about progression and treat loot as more of a social giving to guys with 860 gear than anything else. Why the hell even have a loot council then if it's not allocating gear for maximum efficiency and progression?

Never been this upset in WoW before, and it actually hurts me that I'm this upset, but it is what it is I guess.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-01-19 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Welp, just rage quit my guild after the loot council gave Draught of Souls to a 2 week old ret pally who is consistently at the bottom of the logs over me (top 3 every fight)... Really saddened, but I lost all faith in that loot council after that. I didn't care nor expect tier pieces. Didn't care nor expect relics. Didn't care nor expect random off pieces. Didn't expect much because I knew this loot council and how consistently dumb it was. I didn't expect that DoS snub at all though.

What I did expect was a 15-20% flat ST upgrade for me vs. a 4-8% for someone else. That single trinket that currently, by a far margin, is THE warrior trinket. Kind of the reason why loot councils even exist. Not to mention the GM talked to me extensively all week about this trinket, knew how big it was for warriors -- had it precisely explained to him specifically why warriors benefit more than any other class and saw logs.

Unfortunately, the loot council is cluttered with old guard officers that don't really care about progression and treat loot as more of a social giving to guys with 860 gear than anything else. Why the hell even have a loot council then if it's not allocating gear for maximum efficiency/progression?

Never been this upset in WoW before, and it actually hurts me that I'm this upset, but it is what it is I guess.
    So many idiots in this game, too many shitters getting gear so they feel "included" sorry for your trinket loss that blows. You will get it eventually though, just gotta find a guild without morons

Unfortunately, the loot council is cluttered with old guard officers that don't really care about progression and treat loot as more of a social giving to guys with 860 gear than anything else. Why the hell even have a loot council then if it's not allocating gear for maximum efficiency and progression?

To be fair, loot councils exist to make sure the loot gets distributed intelligently and fairly. The system itself is in my opinion the best one, but it's always down to the individuals in charge. But to be honest I stopped caring about loot a long time ago, when I played in more progression aimed guilds (rank 100-250) I got so used to the fact that everyone gets all of the gear they need I stopped thinking about it, and in my current guild I lose rolls or the favour of the council all the time.

In more casual or lower end guilds (not sure where you raid) it's funny how loot is seen as so precious, and at the same time those distributing it are thinking less from a theorycrafting point of view and more on fair/even distribution between people. Also you have a lot of players rolling on shit that they haven't researched (like healers rolling on cloak when Karazhan cloak exists) and then the more studied players getting mad at those players for doing so. So naturally loot drama will happen.

I'm currently playing in a much much lower end casual guild with real buddies myself, surprisingly little loot drama but still it's hard to please everyone and naturally you don't have a raid full of top end players who have studied their class, which can cause friction with players who have when the subject of loot is on the table.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    To be fair, loot councils exist to make sure the loot gets distributed intelligently and fairly. The system itself is in my opinion the best one, but it's always down to the individuals in charge. But to be honest I stopped caring about loot a long time ago, when I played in more progression aimed guilds (rank 100-250) I got so used to the fact that everyone gets all of the gear they need I stopped thinking about it, and in my current guild I lose rolls or the favour of the council all the time.

In more casual or lower end guilds (not sure where you raid) it's funny how loot is seen as so precious, and at the same time those distributing it are thinking less from a theorycrafting point of view and more on fair/even distribution between people. Also you have a lot of players rolling on shit that they haven't researched (like healers rolling on cloak when Karazhan cloak exists) and then the more studied players getting mad at those players for doing so. So naturally loot drama will happen.

I'm currently playing in a much much lower end casual guild with real buddies myself, surprisingly little loot drama but still it's hard to please everyone and naturally you don't have a raid full of top end players who have studied their class, which can cause friction with players who have when the subject of loot is on the table.
    I'm normally like you Bazz, or at least I thought I was (now I know differently I guess?). I thought I didn't care about loot at all until this DoS Debacle. I didn't care that all of the first wave of tier sets went to players consistently dying and underperforming. I didn't care that I'm seemingly last on the list of relics. I didn't about losing a few off pieces to other plate wearers with crap 860 gear. I accepted that, I was fine with that.

This ret pally was a relatively new join. He got a lot of loot the day prior in our first NH. He's a consistent underperformer (dies a lot and places near last), and the trinket is worth 1/4th the damage on rets compared to warriors. This was just one piece that sent me over the edge because it made no sense -- made no sense from a "fairness pov," "progression pov," "prior loot pov," anything. It just stunned me, flat out. I felt like there's no way they can legitimately overlook a 15-20% flat dps increase versus 4-8%, taken into account with all else.

Felt betrayed and baited because they talked to me pretty much all week about the trinket as well; thought this was the one piece that was just a shoe in, the only piece that I legitimately cared about lol.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-01-19 at 06:32 AM.

Just to put this on topic, Spontaneous Appendages finally buffed as announced (65% damage increase) and I tested it last night in some Mythic +. It seems to average out around 5% of damage done for me, around 2% more than what I was experiencing with nerfed version. However since it's now a higher damage proc on a lower proc ratio (than pre-nerf) it does RNG a lot higher than the original trinket with a few lucky procs, but averages slightly less.

It's annoying for me, what we didn't need in this game was more bloody RNG, an increase in procs (back to normal) would have been much nicer, but at least now if you get a lucky proc during your pull burst it's extremely powerful. It's a shame the buff wasn't active until after pretty much everyone had stopped raiding, pretty much the entirety of logs produced are with the nerfed version.

I'm normally like you Bazz, or at least I thought I was (now I know differently I guess?). I thought I didn't care about loot at all until this DoS Debacle. I didn't care that all of the first wave of tier sets went to players consistently dying and underperforming. I didn't care that I'm seemingly last on the list of relics. I didn't about losing a few off pieces to other plate wearers with crap 860 gear.

This ret pally was a relatively new join. He got a lot of loot the day prior in our first NH. He's a consistent underperformer (dies a lot and places near last), and the trinket is worth 1/4th the damage on rets compared to warriors. This was just one piece that sent me over the edge because it made no sense -- made no sense from a "fairness pov," "progression pov," anything. It just stunned me, flat out. I felt like there's no way they can legitimately overlook a 15-20% flat dps increase versus 4-8%, taken into account with all else.

Felt betrayed and baited because they talked to me pretty much all week about the trinket as well; thought this was the one piece that was just a shoe in, the only piece that I legitimately cared about lol.
    It sounds like you're not playing in the kind of guild that is really your level so moving on is the right thing anyway. A lot of players like this, people who are in guilds below their ambitions or play level and staying to suffer it instead of looking on, and naturally when you have a different outlook there is going to be friction because stuff like this happens all the time in this level of guild. You should probably just take the opportunity to find somewhere that is a better fit.

I've been there, from WOTLK to WOD I played in the same casual guild I'm in now where I have a lot of good friends, but I was experiencing the same stuff you're talking about, and eventually I just applied to a much much higher end guild and started raiding with them.. And honestly it was a different world, it's crazy how much you can get done when everyone is on the same page. But with that said, I stopped raiding in October after killing Mythic Dragons and eventually ended up back in my old guild with my buddies, with the same old issues, they had just killed HC Xavius while my previous guild were working on M.Cenarius. It's a different world.

But yeah you need to find a guild that is on the same wavelength as you, I'm happy back in the land of casual scrub raiding with my old mates but then 18 months ago I was dying to get out of there because I wanted good progression and top ranks etc etc, neither of which is realistic in a low end guild no matter how good you are.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-01-19 at 06:59 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Hey hey,

reading all of this, does anyone else feels comfortable to fish 3 FR's, since when i started to do this (not MS after each CS/FR proc) i see myself on DPS rankings pretty much top 2 - 5. I have the gloves and i am using the belt (got the pants too, but i have myth pants with good stats, and no belt to replace the LEG one.. )

Deleted
    I'm normally like you Bazz, or at least I thought I was (now I know differently I guess?). I thought I didn't care about loot at all until this DoS Debacle. I didn't care that all of the first wave of tier sets went to players consistently dying and underperforming. I didn't care that I'm seemingly last on the list of relics. I didn't about losing a few off pieces to other plate wearers with crap 860 gear. I accepted that, I was fine with that.

This ret pally was a relatively new join. He got a lot of loot the day prior in our first NH. He's a consistent underperformer (dies a lot and places near last), and the trinket is worth 1/4th the damage on rets compared to warriors. This was just one piece that sent me over the edge because it made no sense -- made no sense from a "fairness pov," "progression pov," "prior loot pov," anything. It just stunned me, flat out. I felt like there's no way they can legitimately overlook a 15-20% flat dps increase versus 4-8%, taken into account with all else.

Loot councils are garbage.

Use rand and school the lootwhore if they get out of control. Sometime nazi the most impressive loot to who needs it on demand of the RL/player. That's the only fair way to do it.

Go to Sargaras, find a new guild. The guild you are in is a waste of your time and that loot council is very unfair.

We don't have underperformers in our guild (they get kicked) and the loot gets distributed by loot council fairly, like you get a piece today (need or bis) then you won't get another piece later that night. Personal Loot is more loot, but the problem with it is that if the loot is higher ilvl than your current slot and you don't need it, ... well what just happened? lol.

Deleted
    Hey friends!

I have a question.
    I have DoS, and I wonder how to use it optimally.
    People say "use it with avatar", but then you run into problems with BC.
    Say we ignore what kind of fight it is, and we are talking in general terms:
    Pull -> all cds + DoS
    Then BC comes off cd 1 minute later.
    Then DoS comes off cd 20 seconds later.
    Then Avatar comes off cd 10 seconds later.

Lets ignore the fact that using cds just before the boss dies has less meaning:
    If you use BC on cd, then you will have 7 BCs in 6 minute fight
    If you use BC on cd, then you will have 2 BC avatar + DOS in a in 3 minute fight, 2 BC avatar + DOS in a in 5 minute fight and 3 BC avatar + DOS in a in 6 minute fight.

If you always postpone using BC on cd, only using it for 2 BC avatar + DOS, it looks like this:
    You have 5 BCs in total in a 6 minute fight
    You have 3 BC avatar + DOS in a in 3 minute fight and you have 5 BC avatar + DOS in a in 6 minute fight

So it appears that saving BC for avatar + dos does yield more "BC avatar + DOS", but less BC over all. It is also much less forgiving according to fight length, as you may be sitting on cds, and never get to use them at the end of the fight. Question is if "BC avatar + DOS" hits so much harder than "avatar + DOS" that it's worth it to postpone BC, or the other way around. Maybe you could even figure out that it would be better to postpone on fights of length equal to 3 or 4,5 or 6 minutes and better to not post for all other fights. I still haven't figured this out, nor have I considered how these arguments in valid in regard to the fact that you still count the cds, even tho fight might end after 6 minutes and 2 seconds.

What are your thoughts?

I dont know how to program simc so I am not sure how to emulate this.

Deleted
    Never delay BC. If fight is more than 4 min lenght, imo u should use first DoS with avatar, second only with bc, and delay 3rd DoS to use it with avatar but only if the fight will end in less than 2minutes

I got Convergence or Fates and it's rather fun, but I'm not gonna play Arms until FR has alternatives. If that means 7.3, so be it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Never delay BC. If fight is more than 4 min lenght, imo u should use first DoS with avatar, second only with bc, and delay 3rd DoS to use it with avatar but only if the fight will end in less than 2minutes
    I asked warriorsarri, but it seems no one has bothered simming how DoS performs with BC and avatar individually and with BC and Avatar together. I guess that is very useful information trying to figure out how to use it in different combinations on different fights (length)

Deleted
    So guys i need help because today the leg ring dropped on my alt.

First I have a Main with 884 i lvl 910 weapon and these 4 legendarys: gloves, waist, neck and boots, he has 48 traits, and apendages 885 urn 885

My alt has 883 i lvl 907 weapon and these 4 legendarys: execute ring, legs, boots and neck, he has 46 traits and apendages 890 and urn 875

so in which char i should invest more time...? I know that the gloves will not be that strong with 4p

My main currently sims 20k higher than my alt
    Last edited by mmoc50fac9f759; 2017-01-19 at 10:21 PM.