Quote Originally Posted by polemidis View Post
    i ve been going through my logs a bit,,what i found out is that i have way too low avarage damage on MS, a warrior i checked on a Ticondrius HC that did around 540k had avarage MS at 1mil+ while mine was at around 700k,,bad usage of Focused Rage from my side i guess?
    That also depends on CS procs because of shattered defenses, if he gets more procs on average compared to you -- he'll have higher MS damage. Also less dead MS's outside of CS. Also more conserved rage because of precise strikes, so more FR . God Arms is so intertwined, everything feeds into everything else.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-01-21 at 04:59 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I don't think there is a problem, arms going 30 seconds without a tactition occasionally is consistent with the past. I've had hilarious ones like going an entire bloodlust phase without a proc but still that happened before too, sometimes Arms fucks you over and that's that. People are moving to Fury in big numbers because it's now competitive or superior to Arms and is far far more consistent and reliable.

I'm too far gone though, I dont have Fury Legendaries and only 26 points in my Artifact, I dont have the time to put into the game like some to have the benefit of rerolling. So I'm sticking with it.
    i had a 30 sec without cs, and when it was up, BAM parried

i wanted to suicide that moment

I'm sorry to say this but I really doubt there is a bug, my last couple raids didn't feel buggy, they just felt like what would happen if you nerf'd both of my legendary's and created fights that weren't just single target pound on the boss the entire time like most of EN was.

Let's face it, arms was ALWAYS a horribly designed spec that needed above average RNG to pull good numbers. Once you got the gloves and the ring the spec felt playable because it gave you insane amounts of extra rage to fish for procs and make it work and even then you still needed strong RNG to beat other top classes with good legendary's.

You can argue that 4p and DoS is strong and I wouldn't disagree because I have both, it makes a difference, but the problem is they're just as good for fury and DoS bumps up fury's ST capability a ton which was the only reason to play arms over it.

A 15 second CD on CS would go a long way to improving the floor and since we need a tactician proc every 4-6 seconds anyway for shattered defenses to really be competitive I don't see it breaking the game. It's dumb to design a class with a built in downside that basically amounts to having rez sickness until you get CS back up.

I'll be talking to my RL tonight about picking up some fury relics and switching over. Arms is one DoS nerf away from being benched on most fights and I can't take that risk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroid View Post
    I'm sorry to say this but I really doubt there is a bug, my last couple raids didn't feel buggy, they just felt like what would happen if you nerf'd both of my legendary's and created fights that weren't just single target pound on the boss the entire time like most of EN was.

Let's face it, arms was ALWAYS a horribly designed spec that needed above average RNG to pull good numbers. Once you got the gloves and the ring the spec felt playable because it gave you insane amounts of extra rage to fish for procs and make it work and even then you still needed strong RNG to beat other top classes with good legendary's.

You can argue that 4p and DoS is strong and I wouldn't disagree because I have both, it makes a difference, but the problem is they're just as good for fury and DoS bumps up fury's ST capability a ton which was the only reason to play arms over it.

A 15 second CD on CS would go a long way to improving the floor and since we need a tactician proc every 4-6 seconds anyway for shattered defenses to really be competitive I don't see it breaking the game. It's dumb to design a class with a built in downside that basically amounts to having rez sickness until you get CS back up.

I'll be talking to my RL tonight about picking up some fury relics and switching over. Arms is one DoS nerf away from being benched on most fights and I can't take that risk.
    Huh. Arms ST dps is necessary on... all bosses. We are far far away from beinhg benched. I can't wait for P4 + DoS to pull that 700k+ dps on every boss
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-01-21 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i had a 30 sec without cs, and when it was up, BAM parried

i wanted to suicide that moment
    ... oh holy living shit, ... my condolences man. happened to me very few times.

Deleted
    Anyone know if there's an addon or something to track when Convergence of Fates procs? Like a visual or audio notification or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I've experienced a lot of this arms no procs gripe and "bug" feel last patch; I think it's just RNG. Remember for those of you with gloves/ring (one or both), you are losing a lot of excess rage and procs to force CS with, so beyond the obvious numerical nerf, it's going to feel like a significant downgrade in terms of proc consistency as well.
    The latter is quite true - the last round of legendary nerfs also came in while most encounter testing was done.
    Even before I felt those items were more of consistency tool for someone like me who isn't blessed by the rng gods and that's simply gone now so it plays a whole lot more like in the beginning of the addon.
    i ve been going through my logs a bit,,what i found out is that i have way too low avarage damage on MS, a warrior i checked on a Ticondrius HC that did around 540k had avarage MS at 1mil+ while mine was at around 700k,,bad usage of Focused Rage from my side i guess?he had 150 focused rage casts while i had around 70,,legendary on my side ring and legs while he had 150,,
    Hard to tell without seeing the log but 70 vs 150 sounds low on equally long encounters. The dogshit dps arms produces on that encounter kinda triggered me and I was semi afk but it still wasn't an issue to go over 10.
    Certainly agree. When you see tactician not proc past the 15 second cd mark more than once you are likely in for a bad pull anyway. If I had the time I'd likely make the switch as well at least you'd increase your viability by a handful of encounters.

So I just got the Sephuz's Secret (940) yesterday from Nighthold Cache ... and now I want to choke myself so badly. Ring of Collapsing Futures (870) is 18K DPS more than that shit ring and now I've gotta wait another month or two until a different legendary drops. I was hoping for the pants or gloves, but what the heck ... -shrugs-

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post

Certainly agree. When you see tactician not proc past the 15 second cd mark more than once you are likely in for a bad pull anyway. If I had the time I'd likely make the switch as well at least you'd increase your viability by a handful of encounters.
    Yeah exactly. I think it'll be worth it to switch but you never know, some buffs or quality of life changes could happen to make staying arms the way to go but I'm gonna take the gamble that doesn't happen.

Was still playing arms for Elisande heroic last night and we got our first kill but I basically wanted to delete my character. It's as bad as our dead last rank (75th%) on her suggests. Gul'dan wasn't much better either.
    Last edited by Mondroid; 2017-01-22 at 05:00 PM.

Anyone else see and react to the new gold trait on the PTR for 7.2? "Executioner's Precision: Execute increases the damage of your next Mortal Strike by x". Ayala's is sure gonna be way brokenly OP with that :P (and all of us without much legendary luck will be left in the dust once again)

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Anyone else see and react to the new gold trait on the PTR for 7.2? "Executioner's Precision: Execute increases the damage of your next Mortal Strike by x".
    My opinion is X too. How can we even discuss it without the numbers? Even saying "brokenly op".

No numbers to discuss, but yeah, if the wording remains the same no matter the number -- Ayala's will get a boost.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-01-23 at 04:58 AM.

Was still playing arms for Elisande heroic last night and we got our first kill but I basically wanted to delete my character. It's as bad as our dead last rank (75th%) on her suggests. Gul'dan wasn't much better either.
    Yeah target switches and heavy movement aren't exactly arms forte.

so..like 2 days ago i spend all night smashin the dummie,,max dps was like 420k while my char sims at around 535...whatever i did it just could not higher,,,last night i get the legendary neck,,,i take off the lege legs and runnin with neck and ring,,,dummie results,,515 k steady at 6 min while char sims at around 535,,,average MS up by around 150K,,lost 3% mastery at 91,5% now gained 1,5 haste,,overall feeling,,like the spec was working way more smooth and the swing timers were not so extremely slow,,,is there any weird haste cap at around 12% ?

so..like 2 days ago i spend all night smashin the dummie,,max dps was like 420k while my char sims at around 535...whatever i did it just could not higher,,,last night i get the legendary neck,,,i take off the lege legs and runnin with neck and ring,,,dummie results,,515 k steady at 6 min while char sims at around 535,,,average MS up by around 150K,,lost 3% mastery at 91,5% now gained 1,5 haste,,overall feeling,,like the spec was working way more smooth and the swing timers were not so extremely slow,,,is there any weird haste cap at around 12% ?
    1) Sims are done with BL and execute phase
    2) Sparring partner can parry attacks if hit on the front

always hittin from behind m8

Hey I have legendary belt, legs, bracers, boots. Which should I use?

Arms is just all RNG, do that 100 more times and log how many tactician procs you got AND what % of your mortal strikes crit. If you meant execute ring did you get procs during battle cry / avatar with CS up cause it's all massively different if you got your procs with no cs up and no cd's going.

Hell if you use trinkets like spontaneous appendeges then you have to track the RNG for those too and did it proc during your battle cry / avatar with CS up or some of that, none of it... etc etc.

It's best to stick with the sims, I've definitely put on different combos of gear and had an amazing "first try" with um on the target dummy only to realize it was just good RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Paszo View Post
    Hey I have legendary belt, legs, bracers, boots. Which should I use?
    legs and boots sim the highest in a general sense.
    Last edited by Mondroid; 2017-01-22 at 08:59 PM.

I did it many times,, with neck and without results were same,, with neck always at 515 k,, I'm running with Sa and a 895odyn trinket,,

Deleted
    Hmm, in a bit of a relic dilemma here.

I have an 875 EtW relic currently socketed, but just got an 885 Unending Rage relic in NH. What would you lads and lasses do?