So how is Draught used in this combo? Can you draught while bladestorming?

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    So how is Draught used in this combo? Can you draught while bladestorming?
    No - this is why there is discussion as to whether this 4P makes other non-AM builds viable, such as ravager. Ravager gives you the freedom to activate on-demand trinkets. In AOE situations, if you have the legendary legs, applying an AOE CS debuff, followed by BC/Ravager/Drought would be pretty intense, but this would also be strong in single target situations with Ravager since you can still perform your ST rotation while you have 6 automatic MS strikes hitting your target.

EDIT: sorry I meant non-AM builds not non-FR builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrMonstrosity View Post
    This is what I know about how the bonus works:

- The MS procs are cast throughout the duration (not all at once)
    - Things like SD and FR only affect the first MS proc
    - Legendary gloves proc off each of the MS (subject to change)
    - Sweeping Strikes work with the bonus

This is all subject to change based on tuning.
    Is this with both Ravager and Bladestorm? It would make sense with Bladestorm since you can't spam FR or apply SD during bladestorm, but I wonder what would happen DURING ravager when you are actively spamming FR and applying SD. Will the 6 MS strikes eat up your FRs as you spam them? Then this would be awesome with gloves since we can deplete the extra free rage we get during ravager through FR spam...

One other fun thing to consider with Ravager and the new 4P is the execute phase and the execute ring with our new artifact trait. Imagine popping ravager for those free MS strikes during execute phase, where we spam execute to buff some of those 4P MS strikes to an additional 50%? Wow...
    Last edited by Conniption; 2017-02-16 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    According to the Compendium, the Slam relic is sort of 2nd best after exploit the weakness. I wouldn't say they're crap.
    The EotW from boss #1 is also iron relic. And you will get that one in a wf/tf version long before Gul'dan is on farm.

Other bosses were this also helps: Anomaly & Trilliax. Shadow and blood relic are also meh.

Deleted
    Hey guys, do any of you use Titanic Might instead of Deadly Calm these days considering they've removed the damage reduction and it's just a flat increase to CS's uptime? I know Deadly Calm is nice during BC but is having CS up far more important than having the ability to spam FR and slam every so often in hopes we get another Tactician proc so we can keep doing good damage? There are times, and I bet this happens to the best of us, where we get no tactician procs and we're just spamming Slam in hopes we get that proc once more for another 8 seconds whereas with titanic might there's far less chance of that happening.

So yeah would you recommend staying with Deadly Calm or Titanic Might?

Quote Originally Posted by Natty354 View Post
    Hey guys, do any of you use Titanic Might instead of Deadly Calm these days considering they've removed the damage reduction and it's just a flat increase to CS's uptime? I know Deadly Calm is nice during BC but is having CS up far more important than having the ability to spam FR and slam every so often in hopes we get another Tactician proc so we can keep doing good damage? There are times, and I bet this happens to the best of us, where we get no tactician procs and we're just spamming Slam in hopes we get that proc once more for another 8 seconds whereas with titanic might there's far less chance of that happening.

So yeah would you recommend staying with Deadly Calm or Titanic Might?
    Deadly Calm + Anger Management are still core of the whole arms talent tree and even class spec. You still can't substitute it with our present tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    The EotW from boss #1 is also iron relic. And you will get that one in a wf/tf version long before Gul'dan is on farm.

Other bosses were this also helps: Anomaly & Trilliax. Shadow and blood relic are also meh.
    I believe first boss is Precise Strike? Because I remember being disappointed that NH doesn't have an Eotw relic...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    I believe first boss is Precise Strike? Because I remember being disappointed that NH doesn't have an Eotw relic...
    Ok, mixed those two up. And PS is still a good choice, better than slam if you only have 1. And the reason for dismissing the two relics on Gul'dan is to increase the chance for getting the trinket which is absolutely superior.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2017-02-16 at 10:47 PM.

Small tip but it might make a difference:
    Gul'dan bonus roll: Set it to Fury. Fury has 5 items, Arms 7. You're only missing out on 2 relics (which are crap imo) and increase the chance of getting DoS when it doesn't roll gold. Or in other words the 5 Fury items are identical with Arms. Got the ring today (920), still good, but no DoS (after 5 weeks).
    Regardless of spec I just coin AP anyway

set looks absolutely terrific! this will be a gigantic cleave set for m+. i mean this a an insanely upgraded bladestorm that is also ST viable, i love it! not sure if -2 secs is enough though, but a very interesting design for sure.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is much more enjoyable to me than Fury. Fury just does something which grinds away my desire to play it. I can't wait till I get more gear though. Just hit 110 and my 825 ilvl with like 8% haste creates a lot of downtime.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I got the Claw trinket from the first boss, 920 Mythic Titanforged. Mr. Robot shows the stat trinket from J'im (Arcano?) is far below that and the 890 Urn is below it too. SimC shows Arcano to be 1K dps increase (though I think this is false) and I forgot to check Urn. I did some tests two days ago between Arcano and Urn and Urn is higher DPS because of Str combined with higher Mastery and DoS.

Now the Claw ilvl 920 has 2.4-2.5 str. On the 2nd boss in Nighthold (Chromo I believe he is called) it did 3.8% overall from the meters.

I want some opinions from you guys. At work right now, I'll do some testing later on today.

Edit - Just went in for fun BRH 10, carried a mage that was doing 20-45k arcane and he was bitching about the spec and how everything is wrong .... then Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish fucking appears in the box. So now the freaking 920 Claw I got yesterday is garbage. Kil'Jaeden is 18K DPS increase in SimC and scales with CS (I'm gonna assume it scales with Avatar too). So ... now I have DoS and Kil'Jaeden and 920 Claw.

How should I use Kil'J? Should I macro it to a button to make it easier to hit? I'm thinking DoS and Kil'Jaeden together (Kil'J is off GCD). DoS is 1 min and 20 sec CD and Kil'J is 1 min and 15 sec CD. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2017-02-18 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    I got the Claw trinket from the first boss, 920 Mythic Titanforged. Mr. Robot shows the stat trinket from J'im (Arcano?) is far below that and the 890 Urn is below it too. SimC shows Arcano to be 1K dps increase (though I think this is false) and I forgot to check Urn. I did some tests two days ago between Arcano and Urn and Urn is higher DPS because of Str combined with higher Mastery and DoS.

Now the Claw ilvl 920 has 2.4-2.5 str. On the 2nd boss in Nighthold (Chromo I believe he is called) it did 3.8% overall from the meters.

I want some opinions from you guys. At work right now, I'll do some testing later on today.

Edit - Just went in for fun BRH 10, carried a mage that was doing 20-45k arcane and he was bitching about the spec and how everything is wrong .... then Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish fucking appears in the box. So now the freaking 920 Claw I got yesterday is garbage. Kil'Jaeden is 18K DPS increase in SimC and scales with CS (I'm gonna assume it scales with Avatar too). So ... now I have DoS and Kil'Jaeden and 920 Claw.

How should I use Kil'J? Should I macro it to a button to make it easier to hit? I'm thinking DoS and Kil'Jaeden together (Kil'J is off GCD). DoS is 1 min and 20 sec CD and Kil'J is 1 min and 15 sec CD. Thoughts?
    Personally I use the trinket in AOE fights and trash pulls and Mythic + and when I do single target boss fights, i use my legendary gloves, stone heart ring and DoS. DoS, despite having a longer CD, works insanely better on fights like Krosus and Starman when lined up with BC and avatar specially since Avatar lines up very nicely with the DoS CD.

So really it depends on your gear and the situation involved. Dos works best in ST fights whilst KJ trink works best for AOE multi target fights and Mythic +

So whats the best way to use Essence of Aman'Thul on Gul'dan?

On cooldown, stalled for draught, used for the eyes and doomguard add, for bladestorm and warbreaker? Do I pop cooldowns before I use it or does its CDR affect all cooldowns after I've used it?

pls help

Nighthold bosses? You sure? I didn't see any EotW from any of them. :/ ....

Is Arms worth playing if I can't stand Focused Rage and I'm awful at it? I enjoy the class fantasy of Arms more than Fury, but I feel like my DPS is so subpar doing anything other than the Focused Rage, Deadly Calm, Anger Management build, my Arms artifact is 870, with 26 traits, I've got Ayala's Stoneheart and the Legendary legs, is it worth learning the Focused Rage playstyle and toughing it out, or am I better off just going back to Fury and praying for good legendary RNG?
    Also any tips for making Focused Rage a bit more easy, are there any macros that make it not as painful, or am I stuck just grinding it out and learning it the hard way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirwynn View Post
    Is Arms worth playing if I can't stand Focused Rage and I'm awful at it? I enjoy the class fantasy of Arms more than Fury, but I feel like my DPS is so subpar doing anything other than the Focused Rage, Deadly Calm, Anger Management build, my Arms artifact is 870, with 26 traits, I've got Ayala's Stoneheart and the Legendary legs, is it worth learning the Focused Rage playstyle and toughing it out, or am I better off just going back to Fury and praying for good legendary RNG?
    Also any tips for making Focused Rage a bit more easy, are there any macros that make it not as painful, or am I stuck just grinding it out and learning it the hard way?
    you've to learn it if you want to play arms, good thing is it is a very fast paced and dynamic rotation that keeps you on your toes, especially with the ring. you've got 2 very good legendaries and i don't think it is a good idea to wait for a better fury legendary give the chances.

once you get a good grip and better gear arms is still performing solid overall.

Came back to the game and got a draught of souls.

Do i delay using it until I have BC/Avatar/Csmash up? All 3 at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisalex75 View Post
    Came back to the game and got a draught of souls.

Do i delay using it until I have BC/Avatar/Csmash up? All 3 at once?
    Yes, with CS + FR first (don't pop your CDs for this), your second GCD is FR + Avatar + BC + MS then your third one is DoS. If you can get an FR prior to all of this, which you can in the beginning of the fight (Charge + FR) then that's even better. While in DoS, your MS is coming back up from GCD with 4 set bonus and chances of you popping Tactician is good. You want to maximize all of your damage within BC window.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Yes, with CS + FR first (don't pop your CDs for this), your second GCD is FR + Avatar + BC + MS then your third one is DoS. If you can get an FR prior to all of this, which you can in the beginning of the fight (Charge + FR) then that's even better. While in DoS, your MS is coming back up from GCD with 4 set bonus and chances of you popping Tactician is good. You want to maximize all of your damage within BC window.

If you have 4pc bonus, you need to use Draft of Souls on the FOURTH gcd of recklessness, not the third.

the reason is that Draft of Souls (and the legendary dps trinket) is not affected by the +20% shadow damage DOT from artifact weapon. But that only lasts for the first 5 seconds of reck, not the two extra seconds from set bonus. so you want to be using DOS for the last three seconds of reck only

Do Panderian race get double food buff still? If so that means you can get double Mastery food buff which goes up to 750 from a 375 Mastery. What percent is 375 Mastery and 750 Mastery? I'm thinking of switching from Human to Pandas just for the extra Mastery.