Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    OppS generates rage? ... How much rage does it generate? Wow this is news to me. Can anyone else confirm this?
    You're reading it out of context. Those are hypothetical buffs, nothing else.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    OppS: the extra attacks generate rage. Mortal Combo: both benefit from SD. IftK: a little tougher, but maybe add something around a wider execute range, say 30% instead of 20% or something. And then just drop the new 5% damage aura since these are all strong options. Boom, suddenly there are some viable options. I hate inventing talents or player-thought-up changes but I honestly think it's really that simple.
    Mortal combo would be pretty bad ass for m+ if it always benefited from SD on both charges. You could do pretty legit cleave with sweeping+mortal combo, assuming you can spread CS debuff around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    OppS generates rage? ... How much rage does it generate? Wow this is news to me. Can anyone else confirm this?
    No no no. I was replying to a post about "buffing the fuck out of OppS." Yes those are only hypothetical things bliz could do to create some actual options. None of those are real.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Still bummed about this. Foolish of me to think they'd make the necessary adjustments :s
    Yeah, Blizzard clearly don't play their own game or just everyone is mages as always.

We're not even talking about some obscure mechanics which requires you to research a lot, but just basic stuff like absolutely useless talents and I'm not saying "absolutely useless" as hyperbole.

I really really think FR should just be baseline at 20 or 25% damage.

Ever since FR was nerfed to be worth less than slam and exclusively used as a rage dump; I think the rotation has felt smooth. The "FR playstyle" is very much the arms playstyle where FR is just a way of ensuring you don't get rage capped. The way arms works right now it's pretty much essential while not defining the spec at all.

I get way back when arms was 90+ APM and we were spamming FR nearly every 2-3s that many people hated the talent and wanted an alternative playstyle, but the way it's been changed to be used as a dump as opposed to a priority makes it very much core to the spec IMO. It would serve a very important purpose as a baseline ability, and then mortal combo, in for the kill, +1 new talent can add some flavor -- do you want some extra mortal strikes, smoother execute phase, etc...
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-01-01 at 06:09 AM.

Just got my 4th legendary, was extremely excited and got the legs. Not sure how good they are but they're not rings or gloves, so i'm praying blizz doesn't cap legendaries at 5 or some crap because at this rate i'm going to get every legendary before ring or gloves Boots/Belt/Bracers/Legs. If i were able to get the same stats while wearing any of the combination of those 4, what would you guys suggest using-m+ i'm thinking belt/legs to add CS proc for WW belt? Raid i have no idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyCrixus View Post
    Just got my 4th legendary, was extremely excited and got the legs. Not sure how good they are but they're not rings or gloves, so i'm praying blizz doesn't cap legendaries at 5 or some crap because at this rate i'm going to get every legendary before ring or gloves Boots/Belt/Bracers/Legs. If i were able to get the same stats while wearing any of the combination of those 4, what would you guys suggest using-m+ i'm thinking belt/legs to add CS proc for WW belt? Raid i have no idea
    With the patch they are potentially BiS in alot of NH fights.
    Definitely BiS for anything that involves AoE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post

Ever since FR was nerfed to be worth less than slam and exclusively used as a rage dump; I think the rotation has felt smooth. The "FR playstyle" is very much the arms playstyle where FR is just a way of ensuring you don't get rage capped. The way arms works right now it's pretty much essential while not defining the spec at all.

I get way back when arms was 90+ APM and we were spamming FR nearly every 2-3s that many people hated the talent and wanted an alternative playstyle, but the way it's been changed to be used as a dump as opposed to a priority makes it very much core to the spec IMO. It would serve a very important purpose as a baseline ability, and then mortal combo, in for the kill, +1 new talent can add some flavor -- do you want some extra mortal strikes, smoother execute phase, etc...
    Yep, FR seems to be mandatory for the spec to work properly. 20% baseline FR would be a good solution, basically making the other 2 talents real options.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    With the patch they are potentially BiS in alot of NH fights.
    Definitely BiS for anything that involves AoE.

- - - Updated - - -
    For boss fights would you run out(rather then leap out and charge in then run back and double charge) leap on target, run out with bounding stride charge in? Normally leap out and charge in but with the legs leaping out is a waste of it's use, so leap in then run out with stride and charge in for rage? What's making them potential bis in nighthold?

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post

I still hit that shit every 2-3 seconds and want an alternative playstyle =/ I miss when our rage dump was 30 rage, and not fucking 12 rage on a 1 sec GCD. 113 FR casts over a 3:56 fight is stupid and not fun.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24207982

Quote Originally Posted by Mateng View Post
    I still hit that shit every 2-3 seconds and want an alternative playstyle =/ I miss when our rage dump was 30 rage, and not fucking 12 rage on a 1 sec GCD. 113 FR casts over a 3:56 fight is stupid and not fun.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24207982
    this is your punishment for having the gloves

Alright so this is still bothering me
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=199854/...n#triggered-by
    You can see at that link it says that tactician is triggered by the 4pc

However the tooltip of the 4PC suggests it will only resets CS unlike tactician which would reset both CS and MS

So I'm sitting here on PTR with the 4PC at a garrison dummy which is below 20% so I can use execute and what I've been doing is putting CS and MS on CD then spamming execute, I've been doing this for almost 10 mins and not a single one of these executes has resulted in just CS coming off CD. Every time its been either both CS and MS come off CD or neither of them come off CD.

So either:
    I'm very unlucky and did not get a single proc in all that time - (unlikely)
    It is intended to be like this and the tooltip is wrong - (I hope this is true)
    Since tactician was already in the code when they implemented the 4PC they used it as a placeholder and never went back to fix it - (probably the case and I hope they never fix it because in its tooltip state the 4PC may not even be worth using)
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2017-01-02 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    To be fair, half of our talent tree should be in our baseline kit as it was, and Sweeping Strikes should be an active.
    I'm ever so salty about seeing all my stuff ending up in this NEW, EXCITING, NEVER SEEN BEFORE talent tree.
    This, as well as rng legendary getting sudden death proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post
    Alright so this is still bothering me
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=199854/...n#triggered-by
    You can see at that link it says that tactician is triggered by the 4pc

However the tooltip of the 4PC suggests it will only resets CS unlike tactician which would reset both CS and MS

So I'm sitting here on PTR with the 4PC at a garrison dummy which is below 20% so I can use execute and what I've been doing is putting CS and MS on CD then spamming execute, I've been doing this for almost 10 mins and not a single one of these executes has resulted in just CS coming off CD. Every time its been either both CS and MS come off CD or neither of them come off CD.

So either:
    I'm very unlucky and did not get a single proc in all that time - (unlikely)
    It is intended to be like this and the tooltip is wrong - (I hope this is true)
    Since tactician was already in the code when they implemented the 4PC they used it as a placeholder and never went back to fix it - (probably the case and I hope they never fix it because in its tooltip state the 4PC may not even be worth using)
    The WoWhead tooltip also shows the old version of the set bonus too though, not necessarily reliable. I tested it on dummies a quite a bit and it has resulted in 0 resets of "just" CS. Before someone pointed out the letter of the detail for the set bonus saying only "CS" I had initially assumed the 4 set was simply tactition without giving it any thought, so then when I was corrected I took that word on it, my initial testing I hadn't even been looking out for whether it was proccing tactition or just CS, even though I had never noticed MS not resetting I just put down to me not being actively aware that it could happen.

But then going back to retest it I found the same, I hadn't missed anything. It always reset both CS + MS, and without any indication to differentiate between the set bonus or tactition it was impossible to tell if the set bonus was functioning as tactition or not doing anything. Due to the heavy RNG nature of the spec it's literally impossible to estimate base on ingame testing whether I'm benefitting at all from the 4 set, there needs to be some indication in the combat log.

Not sure if others have done more in depth testing with combat logs, I haven't seen anything posted around at least and I haven't had time to play the game much myself lately.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Not played for 3 weeks or so and need a quick review on things that have changed...I hold the legendary gloves and was owning up until I left.

I've also seen a ss on reddit displaying the OP of the 2pc in the next raid...is this real life?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post
    Not played for 3 weeks or so and need a quick review on things that have changed...I hold the legendary gloves and was owning up until I left.

I've also seen a ss on reddit displaying the OP of the 2pc in the next raid...is this real life?
    Nothing has changed because the patch isn't out, but your Gloves will be returning only 8 rage next patch which still makes them the best. Our 2 set is very strong but we already knew the 2 set was strong about a year ago, our 4 set is quite weak though seems to function different (better) than it's tooltip would suggest. see previous posts.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'm reading Icy-Veins rotational guide but am still a little confused.

so with the FR build, you basically CS -> FR -> MS, correct? So you should always FR before you MS? Do you only hit FR ONCE before you MS or do we have to do CS -> x3 FR -> MS?

It doesn't seem that complicated when I read it, perhaps micromanaging the FR could become a pain in the arse though... But the way I see it it's CS -> FR -> MS or FR -> MS if no CS, then Slam for a filler...?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm reading Icy-Veins rotational guide but am still a little confused.

so with the FR build, you basically CS -> FR -> MS, correct? So you should always FR before you MS? Do you only hit FR ONCE before you MS or do we have to do CS -> x3 FR -> MS?

It doesn't seem that complicated when I read it, perhaps micromanaging the FR could become a pain in the arse though... But the way I see it it's CS -> FR -> MS or FR -> MS if no CS, then Slam for a filler...?
    You don't have to use FR before MS (unless you got a Tactician proc, so you should use one FR for additional +30% crit from Shattered Defences). FR is used during BC (obviously) and to not get rage capped. It's fine spamming FR till the x3 stacks on like 60-70+ rage, but the rest of the rage should be going into Slam as it is better rage/damage ratio.
    FR management is very harsh at first, you should never underestimate it's importance, but it's very fluid when you get used to it.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-01-03 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    You don't have to use FR before MS (unless you got a Tactician proc, so you should use one FR for additional +30% crit from Shattered Defences). FR is used during BC (obviously) and to not get rage capped. It's fine spamming FR till the x3 stacks on like 60-70+ rage, but the rest of the rage should be going into Slam as it is better rage/damage ratio.
    FR management is very harsh at first, you should never underestimate it's importance, but it's very fluid when you get used to it.
    Thanks for the clarification bud It'll take some getting used to but I'm determined.... I only play Havoc Demon Hunter at the moment; I was looking for a PvP toon however the only one I find fun in that area is Survival Hunter, so i'll just keep playing that, for that. It'd be nice to have another viable PvE Melee however, so Arms and Fury definitely seem the best option for me (Warrior is 108 at the moment).

May just mess around on it and get the hang of the rotation until 7.1.5 hits, then I can get the AK Catch up to 20 (or 15, whatever the cap is). Still undecided whether I'm better off as Arms or Fury though... casual WQ with the occasional raid and majority of time being M+ spam, anything from 5 to 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post

May just mess around on it and get the hang of the rotation until 7.1.5 hits, then I can get the AK Catch up to 20 (or 15, whatever the cap is). Still undecided whether I'm better off as Arms or Fury though... casual WQ with the occasional raid and majority of time being M+ spam, anything from 5 to 15.
    I would say that Fury is preferred for such activity, especially if M+ is a part of it and raiding is not big priority. Fury slices M+ much harder than Arms would ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I would say that Fury is preferred for such activity, especially if M+ is a part of it and raiding is not big priority. Fury slices M+ much harder than Arms would ever be.
    That's what I'm thinking.... Don't have the time to raid Heroic/Mythic so it'd literally just be LFR or Normal, though I'd get better gear from M+ so I just do that with a little PvP inbetween. I'd imagine Fury is fine for PvP these day, probably on par with my Outlaw Rogue in M+ and PvP/World Content.