Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    At first I thought that I'll farm my arms legendaries with prot spec. Now I'm a full-time 910 ilvl tank with 6 legendaries and no gloves/ring. THANKS BLIZZARD
    Welcome on the boat, i'm leveling new char currently. CBA waiting for 5th leg after 4 utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vzz View Post
    Welcome on the boat, i'm leveling new char currently. CBA waiting for 5th leg after 4 utilities.
    Thats basically what I did. I rolled bear and honestly feel much more sturdier even with 15-20 ilvl lower on the same encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vzz View Post
    It really is a shame that it is so easy to "maneuver yourself into the corner" w.r.t. to legendaries - I'm sitting at 4 utility legs + Arms Gloves (which are devalued in combination with 4p).

At this point starting a fresh char would seem to be the logical consequence, but man I am attached to my main and hate levelling alts .

(Meanwhile our other warrior got Fury Cloak + Fury Helm + Ayala’s, now switched his loot spec to arms and I could place bets his next one will be trinket/gloves...)
    Last edited by Tseng; 2017-02-10 at 09:38 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i switched to fury, even though i have the arms gloves, however, i never regreted it, the play is so fun, you dont need to beg for CS, you are good in all fights, with better gear, you can smash arms in ST too.

guys go fury, just dont hesitate, my arms trait was 52, and when i switched to fury it was 30, now 41, i should be 45-46 sunday, and 50+ the end of the week.

i am an arms whore guy, BUT MAN this expansion, arms is in its worse state, go fury, enjoy it before they gut it, its super fun

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really wonder why almost everyone thinks fury is more fun to play then arms. Its so stale you just use rb and bt and fill with slash (which feels shit btw) and you use rampage at max rage and start over again. And your major cooldown is an aoe ability so you have to delay it and bc sometimes feels bad aswell.
    With arms you have to plan your rage usage so you dont starve yourself with too many focused rage casts but you're at low rage when bc is ready again.
    Last edited by Blorgo; 2017-02-10 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    same bruh 4x normal 3x heroic, no elisande trinket no guldi trinket, sadboys

4 coins a week too (normal + heroic)
    Why are you wasting your coins on normal? I spent like 22 coins on elisande and guldan hc and neither got my tier helmet or DoS yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    It really is a shame that it is so easy to "maneuver yourself into the corner" w.r.t. to legendaries - I'm sitting at 4 utility legs + Arms Gloves (which are devalued in combination with 4p).

At this point starting a fresh char would seem to be the logical consequence, but man I am attached to my main and hate levelling alts .

(Meanwhile our other warrior got Fury Cloak + Fury Helm + Ayala’s, now switched his loot spec to arms and I could place bets his next one will be trinket/gloves...)
    He should roll in the National Lottery, really Even if gloves are devalued it's still a solid dps boost over a utility leg, same as ring or even belt in aoe situations. I usually stick to my main too, but I've explaining to myself that this temporary swap is only until the end of expansion. I'll get back to my main warr when the RNG (in terms of leg drops and... class mechanics...) expansion is over.

Also if you check the logs it's very hard to find an arms warrior which is on the top and has no bis legs. Those without are occupying the bottom bracket.
    Last edited by Vzz; 2017-02-10 at 01:43 PM.

re:

Arms warrior is often miserable and because nobody from Blizzard with any say is playing arms warrior beyond dinking around with an alt or doing trivial content, patch after patch goes by with nothing.

Ridiculous gearing due to mastery prioritization where I'm using stuff 10 ilvls under because it's better, execute phase dependent dps so you look like garbage begging to get cut if you're on any kind of progression content where you aren't killing the boss, weak AoE, inconsistent DPS with difficult target switching - it's basically a big ball of the worst things you could have

Quote Originally Posted by Blorgo View Post
    I really wonder why almost everyone thinks fury is more fun to play then arms. Its so stale you just use rb and bt and fill with slash (which feels shit btw) and you use rampage at max rage and start over again. And your major cooldown is an aoe ability so you have to delay it and bc sometimes feels bad aswell.
    With arms you have to plan your rage usage so you dont starve yourself with too many focused rage casts but you're at low rage when bc is ready again.
    While I personally kina dislike both I'd take the shittiest finisher in the game and furious shit any day over no cs proc arms if performance is equal or even better like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i switched to fury, even though i have the arms gloves, however, i never regreted it, the play is so fun, you dont need to beg for CS, you are good in all fights, with better gear, you can smash arms in ST too.

guys go fury, just dont hesitate, my arms trait was 52, and when i switched to fury it was 30, now 41, i should be 45-46 sunday, and 50+ the end of the week.

i am an arms whore guy, BUT MAN this expansion, arms is in its worse state, go fury, enjoy it before they gut it, its super fun
    I was close to doing that, then I got my 4 set bonus without the trinkets - still have trash trinkets, and my DPS has gone up way higher than what I expected. CS Resets are much smoother as well, this is without the BC trinket. Can't imagine how much smoother CS resets will be like with it. Only good relic in my weapon is the Execute one, the others are trash. We have a Fury Warrior in our guild as well and he is superb, wrecks the meters on AoE fights and does very well on ST fights. Has 4 piece and the BC trinket, no DoS yet. He has two BiS relics in his weapon from Heroic NH, not sure about his third relic.

On ST fights, we're either on par or I'm ahead by 15%ish. On AoE fights, he is ahead of me by 15%ish.

Bottom line to everyone, play with whatever you are comfortable with. On Mythic fights, go with the right spec to maximize DPS on AoE or ST. Arms is still ahead of Fury on ST, Fury is still ahead of Arms on AoE.

Just got my another non-gloves/ring legendary... a trinket. How good or bad is it?

If the trinket still scales with CS on the targets its really strong, esp on AOE

Arms is dead since mythic Emerald Nightmare, legendaries and tier bonuses only hide this fact, but arms has a very bad design, only revolving around mastery, and that mastery is itself rng dependant with tactician.

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    Why are you wasting your coins on normal? I spent like 22 coins on elisande and guldan hc and neither got my tier helmet or DoS yet ...
    didn't feel like pugging additional heroic elisande/gul'dan kills -- are pugs actually decent at it now?

i am not sure CoF is valued correctly, i often find myself ragestarved/without proccs 8-12 secs before battle cry is about to be ready again.

usually i can maintain a decent rotation throughout the first 10 seconds after BC ends due to a very high rage pool. once i am not having the opportunity to fish for proccs with Fr or slam anymore the real starvation begins. i wonder if that is the timespan provided by CoF that could fix that.

anyone around that has drought/4pc and has actually playtested CoF?

p.s. i'm equipped with gloves/ring/4pc/drought

Quote Originally Posted by Kitaen View Post
    i am not sure CoF is valued correctly, i often find myself ragestarved/without proccs 8-12 secs before battle cry is about to be ready again.

usually i can maintain a decent rotation throughout the first 10 seconds after BC ends due to a very high rage pool. once i am not having the opportunity to fish for proccs with Fr or slam anymore the real starvation begins. i wonder if that is the timespan provided by CoF that could fix that.

Less FR usage and you should not rage starve.

I don't have CoF, I just got DoS and I can't get the second DoS aligned with BC, so my guess is CoF will fix that. I can get 2 BCs in and the third BC would be up before DoS is up, so the problem is do I wait those 15~ seconds (average) or not?

So that's my question. Without CoF, how should I time DoS? Do I wait the extra 10 seconds for Avatar?

Opener changed into Charge + FR > CS + FR > FR + BC + MS (fitting 3 FRs in) > DoS

Suggestions?

Gloves ring and rage starved? you might be doing something wrong. anyways when you are at around 30 rage you should be nursing your rotation with just MS on cd and slam until you get a tactician proc or battle cry comes up, FR is off the menu when rage starved because of its DPR.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    Gloves ring and rage starved? you might be doing something wrong. anyways when you are at around 30 rage you should be nursing your rotation with just MS on cd and slam until you get a tactician proc or battle cry comes up, FR is off the menu when rage starved because of its DPR.
    please, i am not doing anything wrong in my rotation, i have 95+percentiles (mostly 99%) on all bosses in a one day trash raid. it is just that i cannot maintain the "ideal" rotation without beeing ragestarved, thats what i meant.

please, i am not doing anything wrong in my rotation, i have 95+percentiles (mostly 99%) on all bosses in a one day trash raid. it is just that i cannot maintain the "ideal" rotation without beeing ragestarved, thats what i meant.
    Stop using FR a lot, that's only there to dump rage. I rarely rage starve unless super bad RNG happens, which rarely happens with the 4 set bonus.

--

So after few tests with DoS, and to keep everyone on the same page, DoS prevents you from doing anything including moving around - that means no auto attacks either - and apparently DoS has a chance to proc the execute ring per tick. I also figured that putting BC on CD and aligning that with Avatar is the best way to use DoS, since DoS is about 10 seconds or less from Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    didn't feel like pugging additional heroic elisande/gul'dan kills -- are pugs actually decent at it now?
    Yeah, they are. I have been doing pug heroics on some of my characters for a few weeks already. You just need a group with curve achieve and 50+ weapon.