Deleted
    The core problem is their idea that charges are a bad thing and should be gone. If Enrage gives you 2 Charges of Raging Blow, and was untied from mastery everything would be fine. Enrage would happen, you'd press your two Raging Blows and be happy about your increased Rage-Gain for the time (which automaticaly leads to more damage). Right now it feels like you have a gimped CS that you try to optimize and can attempt to get every so often. I want to be first or last on the meters because I f***** up or did it right. Bad play is something one can improve. Bad luck is just frustrating, because I can never account for that. That was what made 5.4 Fury fun. With enough gear you could purge away bad luck, and now it was about optimizing. Once you had your basic rotation mastered, you would work on your cs-rotation and then over time you'd learn how to bank up ressources for that, and then you'd learn how to weave in cooldowns and make everything align with boss mechanics. That process was fun and rewarding.

What I liked about BC and WotLk (and kind of in 5.4) was the constant fight against your rage over capping with Heroic Strike. I never liked that controlled "You have to have x Rage in Bank to prepare for phase y". I'm a warrior! I want to unleash my rage. Not hold 60% of it back. The removal of CS from Fury was a big change that was pretty much needed. But making enrage a core-rotation-need just leads to either making it rare so you would bank for it and in turn just making it a new cs, or frequent and in that case just something that happens. And I absolutely hate that Furious Slash stuff. To be honest it just feels like I'm doing chores to earn my fun of of enrage. I'd rather not have moments of glory then to to something thats not fun at all, just for some seconds of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Thanks. You described my feelings pretty much. Though, I always preferred Arms over Fury.

But I actually enjoyed the pre-Cata gameplay of Fury with relentless HS/Cleave spamming, too. Yes, it was simple but effective. But the game was different then. I guess nobody wants a 1:1 copy of WotLK Fury. But I'd love to see a sort of HS/Cleave as off-GCD major abilities again. Fury was always about insane sustained DPS, not the bursty RNG-fest that they made out of it.
    Exactly what would define a blood crazed berserker... it felt FURIOUS back then!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree tho that Enrage should be just a rage generation buff and allows the use of RB... that is it! Also, we really need off GCD abilities to have the furious feel.. SB/OP and all these talents really have no place for both of our dps specs

Fun Fact I suppose.

Odyn's Champion works with Bladestorm, so that's nice. However, with only .7 procs per minute you could still get owned on resets depending on how the add waves spawn. RN fuckin' G boys.

Only Rampage and Raging Blow seem to be activating the cooldown reduction though. Which with current enrage uptime is pretty fucking awful.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-02-17 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    odyns champion is bugged atm, you get 3sec cdr per hit not per execution, resulting in supid aoe dmg
    wrath of odyn bugged aswell, doesnt even work

lol, I didn't even try it on AoE I bet that is dumb haha.

I played Fury for a few hours when the new build first hit, and I'm not touching it again until the next one.

BTW when y'all say Bladestorm works with odyn's champion, does it reduce by 3 sec for each enemy hit, or by 3 sec for each rotation? Cuz the latter does not sound like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Some of the attack rows you can see where there are some choices, but mixing mobility/healing/defensive just seems dumb.
    Even "attack rows" are not sound design, because with current layout (I suppose you are talking about T45 for example) we still are stuck with a choice of "Is this a cleave, a mass aoe, or Patchwerk", instead of making a choice of what will make my Fury mine. T90 is sane to a degree, rest is a mess.

And most scary thing: they might need to step back and restart designing spec, starting with how "class fantasy" (Enrage, mastery), abilities, talents and traits are organised, before going to figure out synergies and crunching numbers. But there is little to no time for that. It's sad really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    I played Fury for a few hours when the new build first hit, and I'm not touching it again until the next one.

BTW when y'all say Bladestorm works with odyn's champion, does it reduce by 3 sec for each enemy hit, or by 3 sec for each rotation? Cuz the latter does not sound like a bug.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aJn2jdpGgrTDqv19#type=casts&source=6&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.An y%2462046.0.0.Warrior%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24118000^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24casts %240%240.0.0.Any%2462046.0.0.Warrior%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24118000&fight=2&start=425 800&end=447614
    dragon roar with no cd
    if you want to play the current build you have to use overpower. if not, i gree its complete garbage

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
    Even "attack rows" are not sound design, because with current layout (I suppose you are talking about T45 for example) we still are stuck with a choice of "Is this a cleave, a mass aoe, or Patchwerk", instead of making a choice of what will make my Fury mine. T90 is sane to a degree, rest is a mess.
    That's why I feel this talent system they have is flawed. There's no real choice, just an inconvenience of having to swap based on the specific situation. I'd rather have streamlined abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    Further... If some of the fundamentals of a spec's mechanics are leading to "gigantic haste breakpoints", and "weird" fixes are necessary to solve it, then perhaps the problem lays in some of the more basic mechanics and design approach.

They really just need to rethink their approach to Enrage. It can't be special, short-lived, and random while also being the powerful, bread and butter, gateway to the spec's rotation.
    Ultimately, that's the bottom line. Fury is in such a mess, that they don't need to rethink Enrage; they need to rethink the entire spec. It's all over the fucking place, and papering over the cracks has been their solution for too long. I'm not in the "omg blizz hates warrs" camp, but it's clear that it's far from their favourite class to design given that they think what they're doing is okay.

Yeah, yeah. Alpha is alpha. We know. What we also know is that years of neglect aren't going to be sorted out by a few more sticking plasters. This is arguably the expansion to take a holistic look at Fury, and all they're doing is more of the same.

It's a real let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    This is arguably the expansion to take a holistic look at Fury, and all they're doing is more of the same.

It's a real let down.
    I couldn't agree more. It really is a damn shame. Started off in a good place that could've been iterated on and each build they're just making it worse and worse.

Its like they ignore constructive feedback from players like Archimtiros and others, and only listen to the herpa-derp crowd.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Its like they ignore constructive feedback from players like Archimtiros and others, and only listen to the herpa-derp crowd.
    The derps must all be internal. All the testers have generally had the same thoughts toward each build, those that bother to post anyway.

We learned that a few years ago with Arms in the WoD beta. But it's "comforting" to know nothing has changed since then.

New build is inc boys.

Will we rise from the ashes? Or fall further to painful memory?

I wouldn't say ignore, quite a number of my and others suggestions have made it into the game, both in the current testing and past expansions. The, presumably coming tonight, change of making Furious Strike free and Rampage triggering Enrage were both suggestions that I've brought up since the abilities introduction.

That said, they aren't going to let me design the specs for them (as much as any of us might want that!), so you take what you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That said, they aren't going to let me design the specs for them (as much as any of us might want that!), so you take what you can get.
    Don't take this the wrong way, as no offence is meant, but there are several people I'd have in the warrior design team before I'd have you in there.

And, no, I'm not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, as no offence is meant, but there are several people I'd have in the warrior design team before I'd have you in there.

And, no, I'm not one of them.
    Didn't say I wanted to, it seems to be an oft-cited request. Though considering that there isn't a Warrior design team, I don't think it matters to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta go to my lecture here in a minute, but looks like from the notes that RB is either gone or completely useless now. WW cleave is tied to BT.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post

Will we rise from the ashes?
    Finally meat cleaver makes bloodthirst cleave dreams can come true
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-02-18 at 11:40 PM.