I think that's two patches in a row without a single Warrior note. Something big is on the horizon...or Blizzard has just forgotten about warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I know people are mad about mastery but hear me out for a second. Enrage really only matters if warrior damage if they balance warrior damage around high up times of enrage. If they balance us around not being enraged i think it could end up better.
    Over the course of a thousand iterations, sure, randomness is still balanced, but that doesn't account for player experience.

Statistics mean nothing to the individual, if your Enrage uptime happens to coincide well with buffs, procs, pots, AoE and Executes then you're going to have a massively different damage breakdown than I will if mine don't.

It also doesn't change the fact that they want us to ignore Enrage, but we've absolutely no reason to do so. It's still our #1 priority.

I finally got some time to play with the new Fury stuff, and I'm sure what I'm going to say has already been addressed at some length in a thread that's 126 pages long, but here it is anyway.

I think the RNG aspect of not being enraged all the time is kind of annoying, but I would say that I'm even *more* annoyed by the false choice between Furious Slash and Raging Blow. Raging Blow is supposed to be kind of a better version of Furious Slash that you only use when you're enraged, but I'm not convinced that it actually *is* better, because Furious Slash is giving you the very important boost to your Bloodthirst crit change and Raging Blow... isn't. Burning my enrage time on Raging Blow makes me just kind of feel like, "damn, I guess I'm not going to be enraged for very much longer", and then I feel like I have to throw in a few Furious Slashes at the end to try to give my BT a reasonable chance of critting before I use it again.

I haven't done the math (which I think will be very difficult without some serious simcrafting), but I feel as though this spec is going to end up feeling very counterintuitive (and consequently unsatisfying) if they don't introduce some important changes. Maybe they need to add the crit bonus to Raging Blow as well, or just have BT give a +30% chance to its next crit chance every time it doesn't crit. Right now it just feels off, and full of uncertain decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Didn't play Fury back then, but for me WoD Fury plays smoothly and i can pull decent dps. nothin to complain about..
    I can have dream pulls and do half the damage of most dps classes. It doesnt help that they made Recklessness largely a useless cooldown and a long cooldown at that. I also feel like heroic strike>wild strike, both iterations of heroic strike. Cata Warrior cooldowns were intersting, inner rage and deadly calm, at least gave us something to do.

another week without changes oh well I want to know is fury on the alpha right now is more or less as fun as current live? Is it? I feel thats the most important question now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    another week without changes oh well I want to know is fury on the alpha right now is more or less as fun as current live? Is it? I feel thats the most important question now.
    It's more fun for sure. Enrage management can be very frustrating (IMO)

Thats good then, I'll be happy, I know for some of you its the end of the world, but I been playing the game for almost ten years now, Warriors have never been prefect, they have always done something stupid to the spec and rotation, I am just pleased it isn't wod arms cause that is unplayable.

Deleted
    In my opinion Fury on alpha is more fun when it comes down to abilities, talents and animations. The Enrage mechanic and how BT and FS interact with it, it's better on live. 4 second window and that &*(#! ability Furious Slash is horrible.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe2ce964e; 2016-04-15 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    In my opinion Fury on alpha is more fun when it comes down to abilities, talents and animations. The Enrage mechanic and how BT and FS interact with it, it's better on live. 4 second window and that &*(#! ability Furious Slash is horrible.
    It's definitely better, but it's still horribly flawed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    MoP fury <3
    Yeah if they would bring mop fury back that would be dream come true as it is the best spec i've ever played in this game.

Deleted
    Starting to give up on this spec being fun in Legion, now we've concluded a full artifact tree makes no difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Starting to give up on this spec being fun in Legion, now we've concluded a full artifact tree makes no difference...
    Fury is one of my favorite specs on the Alpha. Demon Hunter and Enhancement Shaman I also find enjoyable. Frost Mage isn't bad either.

Anyway, the spec is pretty fun IMO. It's only enrage management that gets frustrating, but with the gear I've managed to collect in the alpha when I do heroic dungeons scaled to 110 and 810 ilvl I'm sitting at around 34% crit, 24% haste, 33% mastery. And it generally feels pretty good. Frenzy gets me to 41%, I think, haste. As you get close to that 50% haste mark for the 1 second gcd it really starts to make a significant difference in how the spec feels. It also appears to be a strong performance stat, but I don't have anything substantial to back up that claim.

1. Enrage management is still really annoying, Furious Slash still sucks shit.
    2. Having to take Massacre for a reasonable execute phase is also annoying

There are some other small issues with the spec, but to me at least it is mostly fun. Also incase it was overlooked, berserker rage DOES grant enrage damage bonus for 4 seconds, just not the attack speed. Which makes using Bladestorm much less frustrating without Outburst.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-04-18 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Fury is one of my favorite specs on the Alpha. Demon Hunter and Enhancement Shaman I also find enjoyable. Frost Mage isn't bad either.

Anyway, the spec is pretty fun IMO. It's only enrage management that gets frustrating, but with the gear I've managed to collect in the alpha when I do heroic dungeons scaled to 110 I'm sitting at around 34% crit, 24% haste, 33% mastery. And it generally feels pretty good. Frenzy gets me to 41%, I think, haste. As you get close to that 50% haste mark for the 1 second gcd it really starts to make a significant difference in how the spec feels. It also appears to be a strong performance stat, but I don't have anything substantial to back up that claim.

1. Enrage management is still really annoying, Furious Slash still sucks shit.
    2. Having to take Massacre for a reasonable execute phase is also annoying
    That's good to hear actually. I haven't had a chance to try it, but from following everything closely, I tend to agree with these points being the top two shortfalls.

Also incase it was overlooked, berserker rage DOES grant enrage damage bonus for 4 seconds, just not the attack speed. Which makes using Bladestorm much less frustrating without Outburst.
    I bet this is a bug, unfortunately.

I suppose it's the same old story for fury, and I hope the berserker rage thing isn't a bug. But now that I'm max level, have run a few heroic dungeons, done some world quests. Was able to optimize my gear a bit more it definitely make a very big difference in how the spec plays.

Pls blizz just make Whirlwind Enrage us if it hits like 3 or more enemies. pls

You were able to get those stats just from heroic dungeons? Those seem really high compared to what WoD secondaries were "pre-raid". I know they made a post about how secondaries were going to scale differently in Legion, but I didn't expect that would mean they'd be a lot higher. If that's the case, we could be looking at something like 50%+ to multiple secondaries, unless that scaling change really squashes the stat scaling dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    You were able to get those stats just from heroic dungeons? Those seem really high compared to what WoD secondaries were "pre-raid". I know they made a post about how secondaries were going to scale differently in Legion, but I didn't expect that would mean they'd be a lot higher. If that's the case, we could be looking at something like 50%+ to multiple secondaries, unless that scaling change really squashes the stat scaling dramatically.
    Yeah, those were my stats scaled to ilvl 810, and you get 825 heroic dungeon drops. I made a post in the general discussion on this topic to see if they like the values. I mean it feels immeasurably better with just some of this dungeon gear, and getting the right stats instead of having almost no haste and lots of versatility on some of my earlier leveling gear.

Worth noting, I do have a crafted JC ring. Which lets you get a 1200 stat socket and the bonus of 1800 crit rating. So...that's kinda OP haha, and contributes to some of my high stats.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-04-18 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    i realy like the legion fury and how it shapes up but it needs a serious nerf in the selfhealing department x.x
    atm nothing can 1v1 a fury warrior if the warrior has brain except DH and its hard even for them x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    i realy like the legion fury and how it shapes up but it needs a serious nerf in the selfhealing department x.x
    atm nothing can 1v1 a fury warrior if the warrior has brain except DH and its hard even for them x.x
    Keep in mind that damage tuning hasn't really started yet. If an opponent can't outdamage a warrior's self-healing, that most likely just means that their damage is too low and will be increased when tuning happens. If opponents still have trouble outdamaging warrior healing after tuning, then it might be time to worry about nerfs, but not until then.

RIP any chance at base spec changes. Incoming beta and tuning only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    Twirling will definetly ruin immersion.