You know on the damage taken thing 1) Yes, I think it's stupid.

But it makes more sense to me if they reversed it to some degree. A berserker shrugs off damage, so while enraged you could take 20% less damage then you're susceptible after your rage ends. So for 5-6 seconds you could then take increased damage when enrage falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post

But it makes more sense to me if they reversed it to some degree. A berserker shrugs off damage, so while enraged you could take 20% less damage then you're susceptible after your rage ends. So for 5-6 seconds you could then take increased damage when enrage falls off.
    Or basically make the Stagger mechanic. You take decreased damage during, but that damage is applied as a DOT afterwards. You still have the damage mechanic, but it's less spiky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Or basically make the Stagger mechanic. You take decreased damage during, but that damage is applied as a DOT afterwards. You still have the damage mechanic, but it's less spiky.
    Or at least give us leech on top to mitigate the spikes. But of course when we actually take that damage is pretty rough it would have to be offset by quite a lot. I'd even take Battle Scars giving a leech percentage rather than increased hp during Enrage. 5/10/15% or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    For everyone reporting that SimC is currently simming haste & vers higher than crit and mastery Archimtiros mentioned in another thread that this is currently being investigated and he'd report back once he comes to a conclusion on the matter.

One speculative factor that might of influenced this change was the doubling of the proc rate of Odyn's Champion and the additional CDR haste grants within it's window.
    20% Haste is right on the line for fitting 5 GCDs within the duration of Odyn's Champion, so that might be true in this specific case, but if Haste is valued highly beyond that point it indicates something else is going on.

Man I'm sitting on an entire bank of AP waiting for these tuning hotfixes and now they are delaying them lol. Might just go up to like 21-22 points in arms then and revisit fury in a couple weeks.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity what would be an ideal way to buff fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    The following suggestions are all things that I have seen mentioned in some manner. I'm by no means saying they all need to be done, but a combo of a few would be ideal. This is all assuming we keep the current 30% bonus damage taken.

-The AoE buff whirlwind applies to Bloodthirst and Rampage should be a duration, probably something like 10 seconds, and doesn't get consumed. This would let us not have to spam whirlwind quite as much, opening up from Furious Slash to be used, helping us keep enrage up more often.

-Buff to Raging blows damage. This only affects single target, a place where we currently are hurting the most. Any increase to Bloodthirst or Rampage also increases our AoE, which I think is pretty good at the moment.

-Increase the heal of Bloodthirst a bit, probably to 7% or 8%.

-Slightly lower cooldown on Frenzied Regeneration, 2 minutes seems a bit high for taking normal damage and getting better healing on 2, maybe 3 with enough haste Bloodthrists.

-I've seen people mention juggernaut being changed. Stronger impact per stack, with max stacks of 15 or so, with a slightly longer duration. I can see why they are hesitant to make this longer, as with the right legendary and the massacre talent, this could make our single target damage absurd if the numbers are wrong.

-I've seen someone mention having Rage of the Valajar keep the buff for a few seconds after it reaches the max effect.

-And Odyn's Champion should be buffed in a slight way. I picked it up recently and I honestly never noticed the effects of it.

Deleted
    A nice quality change and a really small buff would be to extend DR duration buff by 1-2sec. Also about the extra dmg that we take for no trade off it should really give something. If i am going to take 20/30% increased unavoidable dmg (ie boss aoe) then that should proc enrage and give berserker buff that increases dmg by 20% for 4sec. Its not something big but its a fair tradeoff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyIsBest View Post
    The following suggestions are all things that I have seen mentioned in some manner. I'm by no means saying they all need to be done, but a combo of a few would be ideal. This is all assuming we keep the current 30% bonus damage taken.

-The AoE buff whirlwind applies to Bloodthirst and Rampage should be a duration, probably something like 10 seconds, and doesn't get consumed. This would let us not have to spam whirlwind quite as much, opening up from Furious Slash to be used, helping us keep enrage up more often.

-Buff to Raging blows damage. This only affects single target, a place where we currently are hurting the most. Any increase to Bloodthirst or Rampage also increases our AoE, which I think is pretty good at the moment.

-Increase the heal of Bloodthirst a bit, probably to 7% or 8%.

-Slightly lower cooldown on Frenzied Regeneration, 2 minutes seems a bit high for taking normal damage and getting better healing on 2, maybe 3 with enough haste Bloodthrists.

-I've seen people mention juggernaut being changed. Stronger impact per stack, with max stacks of 15 or so, with a slightly longer duration. I can see why they are hesitant to make this longer, as with the right legendary and the massacre talent, this could make our single target damage absurd if the numbers are wrong.

-I've seen someone mention having Rage of the Valajar keep the buff for a few seconds after it reaches the max effect.

-And Odyn's Champion should be buffed in a slight way. I picked it up recently and I honestly never noticed the effects of it.
    how about one more, like

-enrage damage taken increase to 10% and warpaint reduces it to 0%

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    how about one more, like

-enrage damage taken increase to 10% and warpaint reduces it to 0%
    Warpaint is fucking retarded to be tied to Enrage. They need to choose a number or change the mechanic entirely and make Warpaint something interesting. Instead of mandatory for any high level group content ever talent that will always be taken no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leech during Enrage or simply getting rid of that silly damage taken increase.
    Bloodthirst healing per hit rather than a flat 4% because 4% is nothing if you're doing aoe killing, which with all our aoe tools shouldn't be a suicidal idea.

But really the odd thing is, it's mostly flat damage output that's our issue, burst is pretty good but the moment we leave the DR/BC window we struggle to keep up.

Odyn's Champion being a consistant trigger per Rampage or only having an internal cooldown of 15-20 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Warpaint is fucking retarded to be tied to Enrage. They need to choose a number or change the mechanic entirely and make Warpaint something interesting. Instead of mandatory for any high level group content ever talent that will always be taken no matter what.
    honestly i rather pick bounding strides over Warpaint... but Warpaint is one of those freaking talents we just must have to not become totally worthless with damage taken.

No Tusk Club.

honestly i rather pick bounding strides over Warpaint... but Warpaint is one of those freaking talents we just must have to not become totally worthless with damage taken.
    Well bounding strides is obviously the much more interesting talent, but yeah. There's unavoidable damage all over the place and taking 10% less is always better then anything else you can choose on that tier.

I'd like to think this is the major pain point for Fury. This is the kind of stuff that I'd hope the devs look at and think it's bad design that players feel forced into a talent because otherwise they are taking more damage. If they toned down the base damage taken increase, and added something else, maybe a leech component to Warpaint, I think you would see a lot more players feeling like they have a choice in the tier of talents.

Deleted
    The increased damage taken is completely irrelevant for raiding though, its solo content where it really screws you.
    If they tune for raids, forget about any changes to that pointless mechanic.

Deleted
    I may be completely retarded, but what's wrong with haste being simmed as our most beneficial stat (close to mastery in my case) ? (if we agree that those 1.9 weights are plateau value due to fitting more GCS in Odyn / Enrage windows)
    Haste grants you better enrage uptime than crit chance does (more rage towards rampage, more furious slash casts > more crit chance on BT, more BT casts), and on any other spell you should get the same total amount of damage be it casting it 10% more often or having it crit 10% more ?

Am I missing something ?

I'd like to see something done about Furious Slash. It's just... "there", and if not for TfB it would be completely replaced by Whirlwind in the rotation--which it is if Wrecking Ball is taken and it procs.

Plus, I hear that our other gold traits are not that great. Namely, I hear Rage of the Valarjar has an incredibly low proc chance.

fury was very good in raid testing on beta (had the potential to be top 3 on both AoE and single target) until they nerfed some artifact traits, mainly "unrivaled strength" (+crit dmg % during battle cry) and "raging berserker" (+dmg % during enrage)

unrivaled strength was either 30% or 40% increased crit dmg during battle cry and now it's 15%

raging berserker was 10% and now it's 3%....

they also slightly nerfed raging blow and rampage i believe? but that hardly mattered compared to the other nerfs because nerfing those 2 traits also indirectly nerfed odyns fury because you only used it during battle cry/enrage for maximum damage

i like the way fury in legion plays much more than arms....but the damage just isn't there unfortunately

reverting the nerfs to those 2 traits would be a good way to buff fury IMO, odyn's fury just hit like a truck and it was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    reverting the nerfs to those 2 traits would be a good way to buff fury IMO, odyn's fury just hit like a truck and it was fun
    i'd rather see them fixing our golden traits tbh ...

fury has more mechanical issues than just numbers at this point.

- juggernaut being unrealistic and just a bad design (it sounds good on paper, but 99 stacks is retarded)
    - odyns champ procing way too little, even after the buff ... it NEEDS to go back to rppm, OR they change it so that every rampage reduces all cds for 2s for example... make it something static, we have enough rng as it is
    - rage proccing even less than odyns and it also got nerfed from 5%/stack to 3%/stack

FS is also a big candidate for changes... either let WW and Execute proc TfB to fix our problems during sustained aoe and execute or just bake the +crit back into BT and retune FS so it does more dmg than ww on single-target and keep it purely as a single-target filler

those are the changes i think would be best ... if numbers are still off, adjust them, but as said before: numbers arent really our big problem.

one more thing: something needs to change with the 30% dmg taken... its SOOOO annoying for anything open-world related. if you dont have cds ready, you cant pull anything more than 2 mobs and even then depending on mob-hp you leave combat with <50% hp and have no way of regaining it without food or multi-charge (IF you took that talent)

Making the golden traits "feel good" would be awesome, but I honestly don't see them tweaking artifacts much at all (if even at all). At least not this early in the expansion when people have decided on various paths, or even later. Kinda felt like from launch onwards the artifacts are set in stone, and bases abilities/mechanics are what's going to change.

Would be awesome to get some love on those proc rates and a juggernaut squish though. It's truly unfortunate that fury was OP on beta as it just got repeatedly dumpstered and they don't need to care, because it's beta!