Not sure why fury's self healing hasn't been increased to counter act being a healing sponge. Seems odd to me since fury isn't doing well in PvP either and increasing bloodthirsts %heal would do wonders and enraged regen could have it's cd reduced.

My raid tends to hero at 30% rather than the ideal 20% for warriors. Seems like in those circumstances I would get more out of the prolonged power potion popping it then and having it active during both hero and my execute phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulfe View Post
    That you want as few items with crit on them as possible for prot. An item with crit/vers is far from optimal, you want vers/mastery or vers/haste. I was just pointing out that a crit/vers item is not actually "very nice" for a prot set.

*looks at thread title*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haveth View Post
    I'll def be using them on normal/heroic content unless I feel the urge to parse. And especially early prog where burning 700+ gold a pull is useless when people are still learning mechanics.
    Agreed for farming or early progress pulls, more like 1300-1400g on my server. Thanks for taking the timing to do this, that i missed typing that before, was hoping that the difference would be a lot closer

Quote Originally Posted by Marinchen View Post
    Cuz top parses in normal are so relevant to class viability...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Cuz top parses in normal are so relevant to class viability...
    Just because i supplied extra information doesnt mean that the other information is useless.
    Heroic is what determines class viability, if you believe mythic is i can't help you.

Its a very small sample size and can still be considered anecdotal, hence the "seems like it might" but its still an indicator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    Archimtiros has mentioned in several posts and did a conclusive one with the numbers breakdown of it being ~5.5% but the way Blizzard have formatted the patch notes at a glance it's easy for most to mis-read the buffs as a flat 8% increase, even if it was 8% it isn't what the spec needs addressing to have a functioning niche (execute).
    Well it is less because we didn't get a buff on our white autos witch make roughly around 20% of our damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinchen View Post
    Take short parses (top percentile players over-gearing normal/heroic kills) with a tablespoon of salt, with fights being significantly shorter than the average progression/mythic duration the % uptime of key buffs like old war skews results for specs that scale exponentially with said buffs.

With a bit of gear and double pots it's quite realistic for fury do do in excess of 480k on a 1:30 kill of an encounter like ursoc on normal but the same result will be lower on average for a kill that gets extended to 4-4:30.
    Last edited by Oneer; 2016-10-26 at 11:41 AM. Reason: reviewing normal ursoc ranks for fury on WCL, 500k was a little bit high on estimations

Deleted
    Take short parses (top percentile players over-gearing normal/heroic kills) with a tablespoon of salt, with fights being significantly shorter than the average progression/mythic duration the % uptime of key buffs like old war skews results for specs that scale exponentially with said buffs.

With a bit of gear and double pots it's quite realistic for fury do do in excess of 480k on a 1:30 kill of an encounter like ursoc on normal but the same result will be lower on average for a kill that gets extended to 4-4:30.
    You might take a look at mythic instead of normal (why would you do that in the first place?).
    Sure fights are also rather short already there but its not like Arms doesn't profit from that aswell.
    Also 480k has already been done by Fury now, on mythic, not normal.

People will defend whatever viewpoint they want to win. Both specs are viable from what I see now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    People will defend whatever viewpoint they want to win. Both specs are viable from what I see now.
    Last if you only count spec that see some play isn't what I call viable. Especially if the dps difference between fury and the next is already 5k.

Deleted
    Being 'viable' is based on your own goals, if you want to play the weaker spec and have more fun then by all means.

But don't come into threads/discord channels dedicated to giving players an edge and say Fury is viable because you topped the meters in your fucking normal raiding guild against Shadow Priests who use STM at 70% and Hunters who use Barrage 3 times on a 4 minute fight.

Yes, I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    You might take a look at mythic instead of normal (why would you do that in the first place?).
    Because the original post I was quoting linked normal & heroic logs to suggest that the performance in these environments is evidence that fury is performing above current expectations, mythic parses are exponentially longer than the former as I explained in my post.

Sure fights are also rather short already there but its not like Arms doesn't profit from that aswell.
    This is true however I don't believe I was making a comparison between the two or suggesting fury beats arms in these cases, merely addressing the statement of fury competing.

Also 480k has already been done by Fury now, on mythic, not normal.
    As of the time of posting unless you're referring to private logs the highest publicly listed is 463k, followed by 438k and then gradually dropping into low 400's, the point I was making is due to shorter fight length in normal & heroic it's far easier to achieve inflated median parses in the 400's as is evident with the number of normal & heroic parses above 400k on WCL as opposed to the handful of outliers in mythic.

Deleted
    Because the original post I was quoting linked normal & heroic logs to suggest that the performance in these environments is evidence that fury is performing above current expectations, mythic parses are exponentially longer than the former as I explained in my post.

This is true however I don't believe I was making a comparison between the two or suggesting fury beats arms in these cases, merely addressing the statement of fury competing.

As of the time of posting unless you're referring to private logs the highest publicly listed is 463k, followed by 438k and then gradually dropping into low 400's, the point I was making is due to shorter fight length in normal & heroic it's far easier to achieve inflated median parses in the 400's as is evident with the number of normal & heroic parses above 400k on WCL as opposed to the handful of outliers in mythic.
    Sure the one you quoted might have posted normal logs (though it was just hc), but you still can look at mythic fine by now, enough parses around.
    There is a 486k parse on Nythendra for Fury, so it has been done. Fightlength sure is not very long, but also not very much shorter than a mythic Ursoc fight atm.
    Also keep in mind, the shorter the fight (as in not 1 minute or something burst only, but something like Ursoc, Butcher etc.), the less damage Fury actually does, since the execute phase is short aswell and we need time to built Juggernaught stacks.

Sure the one you quoted might have posted normal logs (though it was just hc), but you still can look at mythic fine by now, enough parses around.
    There is a 486k parse on Nythendra for Fury, so it has been done. Fightlength sure is not very long, but also not very much shorter than a mythic Ursoc fight atm.
    Also keep in mind, the shorter the fight (as in not 1 minute or something burst only, but something like Ursoc, Butcher etc.), the less damage Fury actually does, since the execute phase is short aswell and we need time to built Juggernaught stacks.
    Fury actually has really strong openers and heroism is an amazing cooldown for the first time ever. Short fights can absolutely play to every strength of fury.

Short execute phases hurt fury but if the fight is short enough the opening power will outweigh it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Fury actually has really strong openers and heroism is an amazing cooldown for the first time ever. Short fights can absolutely play to every strength of fury.

Short execute phases hurt fury but if the fight is short enough the opening power will outweigh it
    And that is exactly what I said, was it not? Was my wording wrong?
    Short as in not something like a minute, but DPS check, enrage based encounter short.
    Last edited by mmoca12629082d; 2016-10-26 at 03:04 PM.

Fair enough, I took it in the context that you were referring to Ursoc specifically.

My theory on the topic of fight vs execute window duration is if we assume a median duration for the execute phase being something arbitrary say a minute there's a cut-off point where a fight duration of under X may pull ahead purely down to the duration % of old war, heroism and any other long CD, of course on progression and mythic with extended execute phases this environment will prove to provide a larger DPS increase and is much more important to balance around since it's all we have as a niche with juggernaut as you say.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...y&difficulty=4

dat nythendra parse

There's also a guy on mythic that parsed very high. Fury is very competitive with other classes now. Arms' legendaries are simply a bit too good, that's a problem with legendary balance not Fury balance. At the baseline though; I think Fury is very competitive with Arms and is in a pretty decent place now. Yeah yeah anecdotes don't count for shit, but I was also stomping my assa rogue and fire mage friend throughout most of Kara last night.

Man the conflict between loot spec on arms for gloves vs. loot spec on Fury just got so much harder. Kinda revolves around if we think they are going to ever nerf the gloves... what do ya'll think? Keep grinding for those gloves in the background or go full Fury boys?

edit: I just swapped loot spec to Fury and not looking back. Going all in boys, hold me. Dumped my bank of 300k AP as well.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-10-26 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    edit: I just swapped loot spec to Fury and not looking back. Going all in boys, hold me. Dumped my bank of 300k AP as well.
    Daamn, have been following your journey to that decision over the past 2 days. Seen you in more or less every discussion about fury. I do hope it works out for you!
    I'm in the boat of just getting the legend ring, and hitting about 66% Mastery in my arms gear, so I'm thinking about learning FR

I do love fury though, but there is still something about it.
    But I do feel like i'm hitting higher numbers then yesterday(pre-patch).