10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    Using all bosses is a terrible way to compare specs, compare both specs via bosses and you will see that Arms is doing about 45k more DPS in some fights, which is not remotely a slight difference.
    Yeah so where is all that crap talk now about Arms in Nighthold...Fury seems to be trashing Arms on most fights. Check the logs. What a difference a week makes.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Guys. Is prolonged potion acceptable to use for fury? What's the difference between old war and prolonged since 7.1.5?

10+ Year Old Account
    cszsolt3 about 500g a pop on my server difference
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Longer cd and no strength on it
    haste is better than strength, just letting you know.

Thats is beyond the point here, KJ potentially locks you out of another legendary, and the NH bis trinkets are just flat out better for ST.

On a pvp note, I wanted to try out death wish for the lulz, but I must be missing something. The buff keeps dropping before i can get more than 1-2 stacks. Sorry for newb question.

Edit: This was on a pvp dummy. In bgs I could make it stack higher so idk.
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2017-01-22 at 07:48 PM.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Longer cd and no strength on it
    Not sure why you're arguing. Draught and Convergence are the two bis fury trinkets. Yes, KJ's is good for some situations (very high aoe requirements) but that is pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Guys. Is prolonged potion acceptable to use for fury? What's the difference between old war and prolonged since 7.1.5?
    Prolonged tends to be superior on aoe fights. Otherwise, Old War is miles above.

Deleted
    Obtained a DoS heroic tonight. It does 8.34 million damage per use for me. What an amazing trinket! I really hope it doesnt get nerfed

Guys I've got a horribly simple question, and probably very obvious to most of you who've been rolling fury forever.

What do we do on AoE fights and Cleave fights?

Two examples:

1) a raid boss with a 1 or 2 add phase.

2) a heavy AoE fight, i.e. Xavius, or just M+'s

I've tried putting WW in between each of my normal rotational moves to trigger the cleave on Ramp and BT. But my parse performance % drops MASSIVELY on fights that I do that.

I follow the fury 7.1.5 guide religiously, I even leave a tab open with it all the time as I'm fairly new to fury still. There's another fury warrior in my guild who destroys AoE, he does have the belt, but I have no idea what else he is doing to be so effective.

Edit: I should say I do save BC+OF for any add phases as well, if I can without delaying it too long.
    Last edited by Ceowulf; 2017-01-23 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceowulf View Post
    Guys I've got a horribly simple question, and probably very obvious to most of you who've been rolling fury forever.

What do we do on AoE fights and Cleave fights?

Two examples:

1) a raid boss with a 1 or 2 add phase.

2) a heavy AoE fight, i.e. Xavius, or just M+'s

I've tried putting WW in between each of my normal rotational moves to trigger the cleave on Ramp and BT. But my parse performance % drops MASSIVELY on fights that I do that.

I follow the fury 7.1.5 guide religiously, I even leave a tab open with it all the time as I'm fairly new to fury still. There's another fury warrior in my guild who destroys AoE, he does have the belt, but I have no idea what else he is doing to be so effective.

Edit: I should say I do save BC+OF for any add phases as well, if I can without delaying it too long.
    dont purposely cleave BT, if it happens (you replace FS with WW and cleave BT off of that fine), you only aim to really cleave rampages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creraria View Post
    dont purposely cleave BT
    Why would you not "purposely" cleave BT?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

dont purposely cleave BT, if it happens (you replace FS with WW and cleave BT off of that fine), you only aim to really cleave rampages
    Yeah that's kind of what I do, I replace FS with WW in my normal rotation in any even that requires AoE. But as I said, it destroys my parse %. I don't understand why

Deleted
    Because by cleaving BT you sacrifice crit % on BT (from FS), which turns into less enrage uptime, thus less damage on raging blow (which is among your top damage sources) and less auto attack speed, thus less rage, thus less rampage, which is the main spell you want to apply meat cleaver to.

What I usually do on 2 targets is classic single target rotation and when I know I'm gonna rampage just fit in a WW to cleave it. I'm pretty sure playing carnage would be more efficient too on 2 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Because by cleaving BT you sacrifice crit % on BT (from FS), which turns into less enrage uptime, thus less damage on raging blow (which is among your top damage sources) and less auto attack speed, thus less rage, thus less rampage, which is the main spell you want to apply meat cleaver to.

What I usually do on 2 targets is classic single target rotation and when I know I'm gonna rampage just fit in a WW to cleave it. I'm pretty sure playing carnage would be more efficient too on 2 targets.
    Thats not the whole story, you always want to cleave rampage (as its high dmg obviously), but if you are always spending gcds on that you will end up delaying bts/rbs just to cleave rb, which isnt optimal. Think like this Bt->Rb->Ww->Ramp->Rb->Bt here you wont cleave bt.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thaddle3 View Post
    It's not 2 minutes, it's just bugged. Most of the time it will be 1:20, but every now and then it will bug out and the tool tip will say it's off CD, but you'll have to wait 2 mins to use it again. More often than not though it sticks to the 1:20 as shown by the tool tip.
    Good to know it's bugged, because my weak aura rounds it to 2 minute CD, and Avatar has almost always come up before the trinket is ready again. I assumed the tooltip was wrong because that's happened plenty of times before.

-------------------
    Edit: I just checked, and the tooltip says 2 minutes as well. I don't know where this 1:20 came from, but I've neither seen it in practice or tooltip.
    Last edited by Tellof; 2017-01-24 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Thats not the whole story, you always want to cleave rampage (as its high dmg obviously), but if you are always spending gcds on that you will end up delaying bts/rbs just to cleave rb, which isnt optimal. Think like this Bt->Rb->Ww->Ramp->Rb->Bt here you wont cleave bt.
    Yeah thats what I meant : don't always replace FS by WW, only when I know I'm gonna rampage after the next BT -> RB cast sequence, or as you wrote it reverse the order of BT and RB by squeezing the WW before Rampage. I tend not to do it because it kinda fucks up the BC rotation when I'm playing in auto pilot mode, but that's probably better

Really helpful responses guys thanks. So from what I've taken from your input, our cleave is limited to rampage normally, and OF during BC window. Is this about right?

For pure heavy AoE, this the mass add spawn in Star Auger or Xavius etc, when is it optimal to forgo that way of thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceowulf View Post
    Really helpful responses guys thanks. So from what I've taken from your input, our cleave is limited to rampage normally, and OF during BC window. Is this about right?

For pure heavy AoE, this the mass add spawn in Star Auger or Xavius etc, when is it optimal to forgo that way of thinking?
    There is no aoe on any of those 2 bosses. occasional cleave at best

im using might of krosus and they fucking nerfed it

im using might of krosus and they fucking nerfed it
    Are you referring to yesterday's announced change of reducing it's damage by 25%? It was supposed to have a 100% crit rate to compensate for the reduction, sure that might suck when it lines up with BC but over the course of a raid i'd imagine it'll be a net increase.