Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I assume the icy veins trinket list is completely wrong since it's not updated to the new stat weights fury has, does anyone have any kind of list of them? Arms has a pretty nice one with ilevels and all
    looked back the last 15 Pages, cant find Archis post with the new Stat weights -.-
    can anybody help me out.
    thx guys

Edit:
    ahh seperate post xD
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ry-Stat-Primer
    Last edited by mmocf498a7855e; 2016-09-19 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    Any reasons why killing machine gives me 35% haste instead of 30%?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgarth View Post
    +42 Item Level +1 Unrivaled Strength
    or
    +43 Item Level +1 Wrath and Fury

Icy Veins suggests Wrath and Fury, but I don't know if the info is outdated. Help would be appreciated

Wrath and fury is certainly one of the best traits we have to boost. As well as being higher ilvl. Raging blow is at least 25-30% of our damage- as such adding 10% dmg on raging blow would be a significant increase.

so why play fury when arms is the top dps spec in game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    It's only the top dps on patchwerk style singletarget. Do a whole dungeon run with against a fury warrior and you will end up doing half or a third of his total damage, and fury is more fun for a lot of people

because arms plays like shit and as soon as you overcome the first "impression" of it being complex (which it really isnt) it becomes so dull, that you fall asleep after 10 minutes?

ofc people like different things, but arms just isnt appealing to most players (esp not FR)

We shouldn't have to play a spec we don't enjoy because of sims. I'm sure a lot of people here will say the same thing, Arms is very dull. I played Arms during the early gearing process in Mythics to help get bosses down quicker, but I didn't enjoy it at all. Fury looks and sounds better and generally has a much nicer rhythm to it. I just needs a little buff to its single target damage and it'll be fine.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    because arms plays like shit and as soon as you overcome the first "impression" of it being complex (which it really isnt) it becomes so dull, that you fall asleep after 10 minutes?

ofc people like different things, but arms just isnt appealing to most players (esp not FR)
    idk how you define complex

but arms has the most apm of any spec in the game

itd be pretty hard for me to fall asleep when you have to push 90 buttons a minute

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teranzil View Post
    We shouldn't have to play a spec we don't enjoy because of sims. I'm sure a lot of people here will say the same thing, Arms is very dull. I played Arms during the early gearing process in Mythics to help get bosses down quicker, but I didn't enjoy it at all. Fury looks and sounds better and generally has a much nicer rhythm to it. I just needs a little buff to its single target damage and it'll be fine.
    ok. i think it needs a lot more than a little buff though if it wants to be competitive. simwise at least.

Its just hard to believe how they let Fury go live like this its really sad to have it performing the way it is during the first week of raiding.

Deleted

itd be pretty hard for me to fall asleep when you have to push 90 buttons a minute
    The problem is that half the apm is just mindless spamming, which is trivialized by a decent hotkey setup.
    This makes it much less complex, than you would initially think.

However, if you have bad hotkeys, it surely isn´t trivial from a mechanical standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

ok. i think it needs a lot more than a little buff though if it wants to be competitive. simwise at least.
    It depends really, I said in an earlier post that Fury doesn't excel at anything in particular, and I stand by that. However, if its single target is buffed it will have purpose for every type of encounter making it a decent all-rounder

Quote Originally Posted by Teranzil View Post
    It depends really, I said in an earlier post that Fury doesn't excel at anything in particular, and I stand by that. However, if its single target is buffed it will have purpose for every type of encounter making it a decent all-rounder
    sims dont show that at all.

fury is bottom tier single target.

a 25% all around buff would only put into into top 3, still behind arms.

You can't just flat out increase everything though. You buff Rampage and Bloodthirst and suddenly their sustained AoE goes through the roof, same goes with Odyn's Fury. They'd have to target ST abilities like Raging Blow or FS. They need to have a look at a few of our Artifact traits too as they've nerfed a few of them into the ground.

It doesn't need to be in the top 3 for single target DPS though, just raising it to middle of the pack would be good enough. Ideally i'd want to see arms remain viable being the optimal single target spec which compromises on sustained AoE and vice versa for fury, as soon as a class has a spec that excels at both it makes everything else redundant.

Deleted

Sims really don't mean jack shit

if you buffed Fury's ST by 25% you'd never see a single arms warrior again. To begin with wanting to buff specs to the level of those handful of magical godspecs is retarded, if anything Blizzard should bring them down to the level of everyone else

Right now the biggest strength Fury has is extremely strong execute phase. Sure enough it gets shorter when you start farming, but in progress it can be extremely important. Shadowpriests completely overshadow (heh) Fury in this regard though

If anything I'm worried about the scaling of Fury further down the expansion because I doubt they'll buff Fury every patch to compensate

itd be pretty hard for me to fall asleep when you have to push 90 buttons a minute.
    well its all a question of setup and how you look at it...

the way i set up my arms keybinds, the only thing that changes for me is that i hold down a mod-button (which is on my mouse) and just continue with normal rotation. so my APM in arms is overall probably lower than in fury. (cause arms has downtimes between battle-crys due to rage-issues and the general rng it is plagued with)

the 90 apm are a mathematical value from the sims, but you wouldnt reach it unless you press every button yourself, which would be just dumb with the possibilities you have with macros etc.

also, complexity isnt defined by activity ... just cause you spam the crap out of arms, doesnt make it complex.

arms is really dull if you look at it closely: hit the button that lights up ... thats basically arms. FR doesnt need to be managed cause you just hit MS whenever its ready, same goes for CS.
    rage-management is a joke in arms, cause you either dont have enough to do anything OR you are in battle-cry where nothing costs rage.
    and battle cry spam can be completely negated with the right keybind setup.

im not saying fury is complex, but it needs more thought than arms and has more things that need to be considered to pull it off perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    well its all a question of setup and how you look at it...

the way i set up my arms keybinds, the only thing that changes for me is that i hold down a mod-button (which is on my mouse) and just continue with normal rotation. so my APM in arms is overall probably lower than in fury. (cause arms has downtimes between battle-crys due to rage-issues and the general rng it is plagued with)

the 90 apm are a mathematical value from the sims, but you wouldnt reach it unless you press every button yourself, which would be just dumb with the possibilities you have with macros etc.

also, complexity isnt defined by activity ... just cause you spam the crap out of arms, doesnt make it complex.

arms is really dull if you look at it closely: hit the button that lights up ... thats basically arms. FR doesnt need to be managed cause you just hit MS whenever its ready, same goes for CS.
    rage-management is a joke in arms, cause you either dont have enough to do anything OR you are in battle-cry where nothing costs rage.
    and battle cry spam can be completely negated with the right keybind setup.

im not saying fury is complex, but it needs more thought than arms and has more things that need to be considered to pull it off perfectly
    Careful man you gonna wake up the arms elitist around here that thinks that the spec is the most complex spec in the game while it's laughably easy to play.

Deleted
    Is there anywhere where reckless abandon is a good talent? Compared dragon roar, you gain.

- More executes, leading to more juggernaut stacks
    - Some more gcds
    - Some more rampages
    - a TINY bit more enrage uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Careful man you gonna wake up the arms elitist around here that thinks that the spec is the most complex spec in the game while it's laughably easy to play.
    i dont care ... the only ones that think that arms is complex is the same people that only play it cause its "op" right now :P

Is there anywhere where reckless abandon is a good talent? Compared dragon roar, you gain.

- More executes, leading to more juggernaut stacks
    - Some more gcds
    - Some more rampages
    - a TINY bit more enrage uptime
    not that i can remember...

it always wastes some rage, cause you cant really reach zero and you also cant extend rage beyond 100 as fury

also: hitting rampage during BC is bad, due to how its gcd works and how you would waste time that you could have used to fit some other ability inside BC

edit: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    It doesn't need to be in the top 3 for single target DPS though, just raising it to middle of the pack would be good enough. Ideally i'd want to see arms remain viable being the optimal single target spec which compromises on sustained AoE and vice versa for fury, as soon as a class has a spec that excels at both it makes everything else redundant.
    ^

It isn't fun to play a class where one spec is always, always, inferior in all aspects (frost vs. unholy DK).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Its hard to take anyone who says "spec X is laughably easy" seriously unless they are posting 95th+ percentile logs.