Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account

Khaz'goroth Courage damage RNG

Anyone else notice big difference in Khaz'goroth Courage procs on fights?

In Varimathras HC 2 Fury warriors in same fight did wildly different results while our dps was almost the same and active time was equal.

Me: Worldforger's Flame 2.25% 9.32m Hits: 51
    Guildie: Worldforger's Flame 7.62% 31.85m Hits: 133

And this happened at Kingaroth too but reverse and a bit different numbers. Difference in damage there also 20m.

Seems a bit too much for regular RNG.

Deleted
    well, either a huge gap between u 2 on haste as in attack speed or ilvl on weapons or different ilvl on trinket, or really bad enrage on procs, or something else i can't think of now, limited info with no logs

also would have been nice to know if u both had same amount on procs on that
    Last edited by mmocb672c6081d; 2018-01-11 at 09:27 PM.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emdeka View Post
    well, either a huge gap between u 2 on haste as in attack speed or ilvl on wepons, or its really a bad enrage
    Our haste is about the same at 30%. Can't think of anything that would explain the difference in hits. On some bosses we were at same numbers.

Khaz'garoth's proc rate doesn't scale with Haste, but RNG is a thing. Other major factors would be stopping attacking during procs (moving out of range), or poorly timed procs (outside of Enrage/Frothing/BC).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it simply is just RNG. I did a quick comparison and there were pretty different results in each pull, mine would be higher than the other Warrior's, and theirs would be higher than mine. There were also times where the damage would be equal.

Here's an example of two fights, the first procs are one Warrior, and the second ones are mine.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-01-11 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Got the entire log?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Feels really bad to have that much RNG. I had to move during Varimathras once out of range because of the debuff and it still had that much difference.

Screwed by my own trinket.

Deleted
    The RNG is why I don't often mind when I've forgotten to change out my glaives on a purely ST target fight. I haven't properly compared the damage but the reliability of glaives over the RNG of khaz is nice.

Deleted
    If you have most of your procs during your BC windows, it can do retarded amounts of damage. If most of them fall outside BC, Enrage, etc, it'll do reasonable damage. (A main stat trinket, like Str, Agi or Int, usually comes with stats or a procc that is roughly worth 2,5-4,5% of your dps, some outliers exempted, Khaz can do far more than that, or be in that ballpark. It's good either way)

It just varies as to when you get procs. I once had several procs during BC as I hit the adds on Kin'garoth, that was a thing of beauty. Next pull they only procced as I attacked the boss and the effect did less than half the damage. RNG is RNG but I find it relatively consistent on average, often hovering around 4% of my damage dealt.

Check the buff uptime instead of the amount of damage done to see if you're utilizing it well, if you're getting some during BC windows, etc...

I've had it proc only once on Felhounds and then 7 times the next week.