Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I am surprised the Cartels didn't lobby (or threaten to kill) members of the government in order to keep it illegal.
    We've got prisons that are already doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Are you kidding me? A fundamental human right? Legalization is fine, but classifying it as a fundamental right is just silly.
    Being able to decide what you put in your body is what they ruled on, not pot specifically. (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It might not be what it seems. Rich people in Mexico saw how some Coloradans in the US are getting rich off of legal weed so they are working to make weed legal in Mexico, hoping to attract a lot of stoner tourists from the US.

I know people say the rich control the US, but when you head south of the border, this myth becomes a reality. A rich person in Mexico can get you put in jail and this is completely outside of the legal system.
    Lol what stoner from the US would EVER goto Mexico to smoke brick weed? They definitely wouldn't be bringing in any tourism from the garbage they grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Being able to decide what you put in your body is what they ruled on, not pot specifically. (I think).
    I see. That's a reasonable justification, although not one I agree with for other reasons (since I don't think people have the right to commit suicide without interference).

I see. That's a reasonable justification, although not one I agree with for other reasons (since I don't think people have the right to commit suicide without interference).
    Why shouldn't people have the right to commit suicide? Are you suggesting that all fast food and anything unhealthy be illegal?

I should be clear, that's the reasoning they used. It's still specifically for pot, and the ruling actually only covers members of the organization who followed the lawsuit. I just meant that they weren't basing their judgement on pot being a human right.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    All illegal drugs except the actual dangerous ones like Heroin (many overdose deaths, risk spreading HIV/AIDS) should be decriminalized.
    Theres an argument to be made that its even more important to legalise/control the dangerous ones - heroin is a safe substance when used safely, its the misinformation and underground nature of its use that makes it so dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    And marijuana doesn't effect other people? lol. I'm so done with this forum.
    Not in a possibly lethal way. It might be a nuisance, but if we banned nuisances people would never be allowed onto flights with small childrens, among tons of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Lol what stoner from the US would EVER goto Mexico to smoke brick weed? They definitely wouldn't be bringing in any tourism from the garbage they grow.
    I think you can get a lot better at growing weed when you don't have to worry about being shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldn't people have the right to commit suicide? Are you suggesting that all fast food and anything unhealthy be illegal?
    What I said is people shouldn't have the right to commit suicide without interference - as in, it should not be illegal to try to prevent a suicide against that individual's wishes.

Self-destructive behaviors should not be conflated with suicide, because they have a gradient of cost. Suicide by definition results in immediate death, which is a high cost (dependent on age). Even eating terribly for your whole life and dying at 45 results in a gross cost that is at most based simply on age (so the upper limit is equivalent to suicide), and a calculated cost (per, say, burger) that is very, very small (so the lower limit is practically negligible).

I think it's immoral to eat yourself to death. Whether or not legislation should be involved is another question. But we already do legislate against some unhealthy habits - there's a list of banned food additives, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Because cigarettes effect other people.
    Anything you dry and smoke fucks up your lungs if you smoke the amount a regular smoker goes through.

Which is why vaping is great :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think you can get a lot better at growing weed when you don't have to worry about being shut down.
    Cartels control the land the grow on they dont have to really worry about anything and if you think they couldn't have taken a high yield/potent clone from cali and started mass producing it then ur crazy. They just dont give a fuck because producing massive amounts of brick weed is probably more profitable to them even if it is garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

There just aren't many studies on it. But carcinogens are indeed present in the smoke.
    There is no smoke when you vape.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no smoke when you vape.
    Still supporting corporations to run ad campaigns to hook more people on a useless, self-destructive habit.

So when you exhale there isn't anything coming off of your breath?
    You just said you were done with these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It might not be what it seems. Rich people in Mexico saw how some Coloradans in the US are getting rich off of legal weed so they are working to make weed legal in Mexico, hoping to attract a lot of stoner tourists from the US.

I know people say the rich control the US, but when you head south of the border, this myth becomes a reality. A rich person in Mexico can get you put in jail and this is completely outside of the legal system.
    A rich person in the U.S can get you put in jail, seemingly outside the actual legal system too, whats your point?

Still supporting corporations to run ad campaigns to hook more people on a useless, self-destructive habit.
    How is weed self-destructive? Weed motivates me to go outside and enjoy nature and it's the only thing that gives me pain relief without completely ruining all my other senses.

- - - Updated - - -

I am quite done. Currently searching for elsewhere to go.
    Have fun on tumblr.

I didn't realized Mexico had a working government.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    A rich person in the U.S can get you put in jail, seemingly outside the actual legal system too, whats your point?
    This has to have a story behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is weed self-destructive? Weed motivates me to go outside and enjoy nature and it's the only thing that gives me pain relief without completely ruining all my other senses.

- - - Updated - - -

Have fun on tumblr.
    Don't even bother with the "weed is a terrible habit and THE DEVIL" type of people. The only ones in the world that have a problem with pot anymore are the ones who don't know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I thought you were talking about cigarettes, and was referring to its addictive capacity and extraordinary lack of benefits. Weed is a bit different since it has some benefits and isn't addictive, although it can still mess with brain development so in some cases I would classify it as destructive. Still, it would not deserve the sweeping classification I gave to tobacco.

Tumblr would likely be more suited towards you and your claims without any evidence behind them.
    Contact a mod they can help you delete your account so you aren't tempted to keep coming back.