Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    I'm not saying the games shit or anything, just stating it's hardly a real class and ridiculous you use it in comparison to an actual class in a bigger mmo.
    And I'm saying you can make a high survivability class that uses HP to fuel their attacks.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    And I'm saying you can make a high survivability class that uses HP to fuel their attacks.
    But by logic it wouldn't work out that well in a normal mmo as it would make healers have to work harder and it would be hard to balance to make it more useful than a regular tank.

It works in Trove because you have flasks and a lot of classes stack hp regen.
    Last edited by Rawrajishxc; 2015-11-07 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    You do realise a lot of this is tweaked and reused stuff right ?

Thordans reign extreme is the original version of the fight or close to according to the devs but decided to never release it because they deemed the playerbase to shit.

The island stuff is just sea of clouds assets copy and pasted about and is just spirit bond grind thats based on hunts from the looks of it.

2 dungeons which 1 is a rehash and 1 is new.

The 24 man which most likely has been completed for some time.

I am struggling to see anything of real value here, mini games? I recall how fast golden saucer died out, it will happen again and some of the tweaks that SE are putting in is attempting to get people to play the old stuff again.

They are trying to get people to still do hunts, like really?

Like really name something that is actually new for PVE players that are skilled, this game is hugely lacking content for those of above average skill set to do and its still not being addressed.

The game is moving away from skilled based content more and more since the quantity of it is being reduced further, even 2.0 added 'more' above average skill set content to do per patch including the 'casual' patch.
    If you put it like this not a single mmo would satisfy you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But by logic it wouldn't work out that well in a normal mmo as it would make healers have to work harder and it would be hard to balance to make it more useful than a regular tank.

It works in Trove because you have flasks and a lot of classes stack hp regen.
    No, it works because the class can regenerate HP in addition to being able to self-rez once a minute. This negate the HP lost over the long term and the risk involved.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

No, it works because the class can regenerate HP in addition to being able to self-rez once a minute. This negate the HP lost over the long term and the risk involved.
    Well that too but those aren't things a normal, actual mmo would implement aside from the lifesteal from LMB.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that too but those aren't things a normal, actual mmo would implement aside from the lifesteal from LMB.
    Why not? /10 char

Why not? /10 char
    There's a reason no mainstream mmo has a tank like that, it just isn't a good idea and the balancing of it would be terrible compared to a guardian,paladin,warrior or any other generic style of tank.

It only worked in XI because it was a dps, not a tank.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason no mainstream mmo has a tank like that, it just isn't a good idea and the balancing of it would be terrible compared to a guardian,paladin,warrior or any other generic style of tank.

It only worked in XI because it was a dps, not a tank.
    Heh. Got to love the homogenization due to raiding.

Deleted
    Heh. Got to love the homogenization due to raiding.
    If FFXIV classes are homogenized then WoW classes are all the same class with a different skin and color palette...
    Please don't spout bs I feel like you re trolling at this point.
    What on earth do the Paladin, the Warrior and the Dark Knight have in common when it comes to gameplay?
    That's right, absolutely nothing. I play all 3 cause I mainly enjoy tanks in MMOs and the gameplay changes between them make em vastly different

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    If FFXIV classes are homogenized then WoW classes are all the same class with a different skin and color palette...
    Please don't spout bs I feel like you re trolling at this point.
    What on earth do the Paladin, the Warrior and the Dark Knight have in common when it comes to gameplay?
    That's right, absolutely nothing. I play all 3 cause I mainly enjoy tanks in MMOs and the gameplay changes between them make em vastly different
    They all use a resource that isn't HP.

You admit it yourself. It's too radical a difference and would be hard to balance.

Ah ... "Balance". Or more specifically raid balance. It's the reason why classes that serve the same role are quite similar. Can't allow any class to have anything unique, you never know some niche raid situation might make that class "mandatory".

Ever tank must be able to survive every mechanic equally well. Every healer must be able to heal every situation equally well. DPS must be able to DPS all targets (single or multi target) under all conditions equally well.

Else ... Tears.

This is why classes are getting more and more similar. Any differences can result in an advantage under certain circumstances. Raider QQ has killed off nigh all variety in classes.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2015-11-07 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    They all use a resource that isn't HP.

You admit it yourself. It's too radical a difference and would be hard to balance.

Ah ... "Balance". Or more specifically raid balance. It's the reason why classes that serve the same role are quite similar. Can't allow any class to have anything unique, you never know some niche raid situation might make that class "mandatory".

Ever tank must be able to survive every mechanic equally well. Every healer must be able to heal every situation equally well. DPS must be able to DPS all targets (single or multi target) under all conditions equally well.

Else ... Tears.

This is why classes are getting more and more similar. Any differences can result in an advantage under certain circumstances. Raider QQ has killed off nigh all variety in classes.
    You re using a terribly flawed logic. To me it seems it would feel less homogenized to you if you saw a different color resource bar emptying and filling up than actually seeing differences in gameplay.
    The Paladin in this case is the purely deffensive tank, the warrior sacrifices a lot of deffense for offense and has plenty of lifesteal and self healing and the dark knight is a balance between both, not more offensive than the war and not more deffensive than the paladin yet more offensive than the paladin and more deffensive than warrior. Dark Knight also has to manage 2 resources.
    I really don't know how much more diverse you can get without breaking the balance of the game. And yes wether you like it or not balance is important. Not just for raiding but for every scene.
    Seeing your hp bar drop and refilling it with spells wouldn't make the class less homogenized than doing that with your mp bar.

PS: The Dark Knight doesn't use HP to fuel his/her abilities, many were disappointed, yet many defended the decision stating that it wouldn't work for a tank. HA!
    You know...I really didn't use the Darkness ability that much when I play Final Fantasy 4 and Cecil was still a Dark Knight (ff14 DK being based on him)...and don't forget many never even had the OPTION of doing that as Dark Knight Cecil, given the US type/Final Fantasy 2 version on the SNES in the US....so I don't really think all the butt hurt over HP draining is that warranted.

Just saying.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... pretty sure this thread was about the patch notes and stuff. If you guys want to talk about your personal opinions on what you want you're free to make another thread or take it to PMs.
    In other words
    Get back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Can be found here for those like me who aren't able to view the official site.

An absolute ton of QoL changes. One change that surprises me, though, is being able to convert centurio seals into an item exchangable for the 200 > 210 upgrade for esoteric gear. Kinda surprised that's been put in so soon. Suppose that's their method of "nerfing" Savage Alex (for the record, I haven't even bothered with trying savage).
    I'm actually not surprised it made it into this patch, since the pattern has generally been highest tier->catch up->highest tier->catch up. The highest tier came with the expansion launch patch timeframe (pre-3.1 basically), and now this next patch comes with some catch up stuff. The next update to Alexander (highest tier) will then be in 3.2, and 3.3 will have more catch up stuff.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You re using a terribly flawed logic. To me it seems it would feel less homogenized to you if you saw a different color resource bar emptying and filling up than actually seeing differences in gameplay.
    The Paladin in this case is the purely deffensive tank, the warrior sacrifices a lot of deffense for offense and has plenty of lifesteal and self healing and the dark knight is a balance between both, not more offensive than the war and not more deffensive than the paladin yet more offensive than the paladin and more deffensive than warrior. Dark Knight also has to manage 2 resources.
    I really don't know how much more diverse you can get without breaking the balance of the game. And yes wether you like it or not balance is important. Not just for raiding but for every scene.
    Seeing your hp bar drop and refilling it with spells wouldn't make the class less homogenized than doing that with your mp bar.
    If you think using HP is just a different colour bar ... I have nothing more to say to you. (Just as well, since we are drifting off topic.)

Deleted
    If you think using HP is just a different colour bar ... I have nothing more to say to you. (Just as well, since we are drifting off topic.)
    Coming from the guy who compared a tanking class in an MMO which uses at least 15 skills to a tanking class in Trove that uses 3-4. I got nothing more to say to you either.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from the guy who compared a tanking class in an MMO which uses at least 15 skills to a tanking class in Trove that uses 3-4. I got nothing more to say to you either.
    Let's take this to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    The patch notes don't say that upgrades only require 1 Clan Mark Log, just that the upgrade items will be bought with Clan Mark Logs. And going by the way previous upgrade items worked, it will probably require more than 1 per item. I'm thinking probably 3-5 Clan Mark Logs per.
    Fair point; that thought had eluded me. :-/

I have updated the OP with a link comparing the prelim notes to the ones finalized today. Something to scour over to pass time (since servers won't be back up until 4 AM EST tomorrow).

Here's hoping they finish early. Like 6+ hours early lol
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    So happy with the XP boost for expansion dungeons. Time to level some alts! And get relics for those because those are easy now too.
    boost exp? could you explain pls.