Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Gotta say, not happy that ferals get nicer looking daggers when they are already getting brand new forms for them.
    This makes me so sad.

- - - Updated - - -

First interview with some Rogue information!
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=249806/b...umper-stockton

We started out with our favorite class, rogues! What's the scoop with the Outlaw rogue?
    • Outlaw is a completely new spec, and probably the biggest change next to petless hunters . Outlaw replaces combat, we feel it fits fantasy more.
    • These changes were controversial for the team and we are excited.
    • Other talents are getting more streamlined, we definitely want you right in the action

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Outlaw is a completely new spec, and probably the biggest change next to petless hunters
    7.0 Patch Notes

Rogue
    Outlaw (renamed from combat)
    -Sinister Strike has been renamed to Sinister Rush

10+ Year Old Account
    7.0 Patch Notes

Rogue
    Outlaw (renamed from combat)
    -Sinister Strike has been renamed to Sinister Rush
    -Sinister Rush has been renamed to Sinister Zest

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch 7.2

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Sinister Zest has been renamed to Sinister Strike.
    • Slice and Dice now increases melee attack speed by 50%, up from 40%.
    • Fixed an issue where using Vanish would freeze your character on the /train animation.
    Now being serious, let's hope they throw more information on Outlaw spec tomorrow.
    Last edited by Linneth; 2015-11-07 at 04:45 AM.

-All abilities have been replaced with Sinister Slap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    Now being serious, let's hope they throw more information on Outlaw spec tomorrow.
    Definitely. And if not.. well it's not like we're used to it...

$5 says Outlaw is:
    A range/melee hybrid possibly 20 yards max distance.
    At least one range finisher/builder.
    Ranged attacks use flintlock pistols for animation. Don't actually equip ranged weapons.
    They loose some stealth abilities and increase survival ability outside of stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    $5 says Outlaw is:
    A range/melee hybrid possibly 20 yards max distance.
    At least one range finisher/builder.
    Ranged attacks use flintlock pistols for animation. Don't actually equip ranged weapons.
    They loose some stealth abilities and increase survival ability outside of stealth.
    Why would the artifact not be a rapier and a pistol?

Why would the artifact not be a rapier and a pistol?
    Oh man, that would be SO cool…!!!

Deleted
    I'm fine with the combat changes. Make us some kind of a blademaster. The weapons with the floating disc actually look awesome to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    I'm fine with the combat changes. Make us some kind of a blademaster. The weapons with the floating disc actually look awesome to me.
    The warlock skull?

I would have loved Sword/Pistol or Sword/Dagger for the Outlaw artifacts. Both of those just seem more like a pirate/bandit to me. I hope we get some details about the rework this weekend. The use of the word "controversial" implies a pretty big shift, which exactly what combat needs to get away from being the SS spam and Blade Flurry build. Maybe we'll get a pistol in one of our moves, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't mind the Outlaw weapons and can't wait for the other skins to come out. Fate and Fortune are also great names for pirate weapons.

As for daggers, I don't mind the Assassination ones, but like a lot of others I don't like the sub ones. The throw away lore behind them isn't bad though. I think Blizzard's design philosophy for weapons these days just doesn't fix with daggers. Simple looking weapons don't really exist anymore. Everything looks more ornamental and less like a sharp piece of metal that would hurt to get stabbed with. I don't think this philosophy goes well with the limited real estate of daggers.

Off topic, but Ashbringer and Doom Hammer stick out like sore thumbs now that all the artifacts are out. "Ashbringer! Doom Hammer! This other stuff!"

omfg the weapons and the new tier set gave me eye cancer ty blizzard

just look at the armor and think about what a rogue is. its about being sneaky murder people in silence this set is just not fitting that fantasy it doesnt even fit the OUTLAW spec in any way
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2015-11-07 at 09:56 AM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    looks pretty random and "lore" behind it is also pretty random fantasy stuff.

btw. nice that combat sword looks like rapier. Even if it's totally random rapier I hate rogues with swords bigger than them :P

Well i don't like combat, i don't play combat so a change is good in my eyes.
    But i also believe we gonna see some "ranged abilities" tied to the spec.. and i don't know if that's gonna be a good idea..

Gotta say, not happy that ferals get nicer looking daggers when they are already getting brand new forms for them.
    Those a bloody horrible looking. Just terrible! You'd think Artifact weapons with status above Legendaries would have more effort put into them. They look like reject gun/dagger designs from Chronicles of Riddick

Knowing Blizzard they'll prevent us from even using the Models from the Assa daggers as a transmog for these as well.

Deleted
    How the spec switching is going to work? Will you have to level 2/3 artificats separately?

Quote Originally Posted by Telex View Post
    How the spec switching is going to work? Will you have to level 2/3 artificats separately?
    Yes, although they mentioned there might be catch up mechanics. :/

Deleted
    Let's say you picked up a badly performing spec.. What now?

Outlaw is a completely new spec, and probably the biggest change next to petless hunters . Outlaw replaces combat, we feel it fits fantasy more.
    COMPLETELY new spec

So goodbye Adrenaline Rush? Killing Spree? Sinister Strike? Blade Flurry?

Time to join the club of demo warlocks who get's their character learning process redone every expansion.
    Or survival hunters who get the same thing done to them in Legion.

Out the window of several years spent mastering one spec.
    I'm not saying smashing one button is all that hard, but i'm glad it's not, i can focus on the bloody game and not my hands or binds.
    Demon hunters are coming with their antirogue abilities whist i'm sitting in my "starting zone" learning new rotations at level 100.

9 years i've been happy pushing one button and actually observing the world, combat and bosses around me, instead of staring at my keybinds and thinking what do i need to push next.

I get that the specs need some flavor to distinct from each other, but a completely new spec?