Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Unholy will be using a single one handed sword?

Has anything concrete been said about switching unholy/frost specs with regard to the artefact?
    Seeing as Unholy has almost always been 2handers it's likely a 2H sword.
    Do you mean like how artifacts work with powering em up and such? You have to aquire them separately, and power them up separately. At least that's the last I heard on it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Positive its a 2h.
    I doubt it. There's literally nowhere to put the second hand without gripping the blade or the crossguard.

Not that it matters, since the spec will be balanced around the weapon.

There's also the way it's wielded in the picture at the top of the artifact page... that's a 1h-stance. Specificially, the Night Elf 1h stance.

Looks to be held the same way Quel'Delar is, and it's a 2h model. Wouldn't take much notice to the still image, as the attack animation was probably purposefully chosen for the shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, i among alot of other's was hoping for a scythe for unholy. The current base model an skin atm looks complete rubbish guess i will just keep my CM glaive xmoged till i can get a better skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Seeing as Unholy has almost always been 2handers it's likely a 2H sword.
    Do you mean like how artifacts work with powering em up and such? You have to aquire them separately, and power them up separately. At least that's the last I heard on it I believe.
    I'm interested in how easy it will be to switch between unholy and dw frost specs, especially during early progression. While i like both specs at the moment, i don't want to have to choose one and get stuck with it when it proves to be total crap. I also can't really face the idea of doing the equivalent of two legendary quest lines for my main

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I'm interested in how easy it will be to switch between unholy and dw frost specs, especially during early progression. While i like both specs at the moment, i don't want to have to choose one and get stuck with it when it proves to be total crap. I also can't really face the idea of doing the equivalent of two legendary quest lines for my main
    You do the questline early in the expansion if im not mistaken(possibly right away). I have no problem doing both immediately, but the problem to me is keeping my mains artifact weapons all boosted plus trying to play an alt and keep theirs up. I guess we'll have to see how shitty keeping up with your offspec stuff is, but it makes me want to play blood less next expansion(as I typically always drop a dps spec to play blood for faster dungeon queues while gearing up).

A big issue that they've had they they need to focus on is spec balance for each class...would really suck to put all my effort into the frost artifact to then be told unholy is far and away much better than frost and then have to go back. Then next tier comes and frost is top, then gotta go and level up the frost artifact again...I hope they can keep each class' respective dps specs(that have more than one) relatively balanced, or this is going to be painful.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2015-11-07 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Well at least it sounds like I should be able to switch specs relatively easily. Not betting my mortgage on them being balanced however ; (

The way the Unholy weapon looks is kind of unimpressive compared to the Frost and Blood weapons, but I absolutely love the backstory and the description of the weapon. Happy since I'll probably be going Unholy in Legion.

Based off what has been said it will be easy to acquire the off weapons, and will be easy to maintain them to a basic level relative to content but it will be extremely hard(time consuming etc.) to maintain off spec weapons to the same power level as your main weapon. So you will be defined by the spec you choose to some extent it seems but won't be entirely useless if you need to role swap.

Deleted
    I wonder why the 'anti-spec swapping' philosophy? Could change before anything detailed is released i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    Sigh, i among alot of other's was hoping for a scythe for unholy. The current base model an skin atm looks complete rubbish guess i will just keep my CM glaive xmoged till i can get a better skin.
    I dunno according to a guildy of mine a scythe isn't a strength weapon really, so that's why we didn't get it. (Lol)
    I was totally wishing for one too, but based on how the sword is straight but has a curved blade version I guess we might, might get a scythe version.

I would've loved for Unholy to have a two-handed mace, one of my favorite sinister looking mace designs is Molag Bal's, specifically Skyrim's rendition http://orig05.deviantart.net/cff1/f/...hk-d758jty.jpg

Getting something similar to that would've been awesome, especially since there aren't a lot of good maces in the game.

Wow that first axe is straight out of Diablo 3.

We get the Scythe form after all!

Deleted
    I actually dont like the unholy artifacts

The sickle one sold me on it. Love it

(although that being said and it's a bit OT if the 1 rune system doesn't feel good I'm going DH anyways)

Cool

The two on the right... I'm sold.

It looks like unholy does have a scythe kind of thing. Think it's called a sickle or whatever but it looks so fucking badass. Same with the blood and frost weapons. The weapons all around for DK are just outstanding.