Deleted

2nd and maybe 3rd BoS useage tips

Seems I'm mostly bos for most fights on mythic progress at the moment and I feel my second and third uses of it during a fight could be better.

Wondering if anyone has any tips or insights I might not that will improve their durations?

Just a couple things for me to think about before my 2nd and possibly 3rd breath. Anything to AMS soak? If I have arcane torrent, is it up? Am I close to RP cap in anticipation for ring/Breath? Do I have plague leech up? Do I have at least 1 set of runes ready to go? Did I anticipate breath/ring coming off CD with some stored blood tap points?

Feel free to add anything I missed.. just the basics.

Deleted
    Cheers for that Naturalight - i'm pretty much attempting all that you mentioned. Just got to practice it more i guess. Thanks again.

other than the already stated 90 rp, 6 stored charges and delaying but not capping runes in prep.
    -use arcane torrent at the same time as plague leech, that will cover the gbc lost and bridge the gap easier. but make sure not to cap rp
    -be careful when and where you use emp.
    -dont fester more than you absolutely have to. the bulk of your casts should still be scourge strike.

i'll have a detailed explanation of all this, up in a week or so

Deleted
    Yeah I find it far too tempting to use death runes on fes rather than ss during bos.

No more mentions of arcane torrent please I'm human and extremely jealous. I do like you idea of macroing it with Pl.

I thought maybe doing more to extend it was a little better.. Festering gives 20 rp, ss gives 10rp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrorfang View Post
    I thought maybe doing more to extend it was a little better.. Festering gives 20 rp, ss gives 10rp
    You fest with death runes if its about to fall off and you still have lots of resources to burn to extend

I find it rare that you have to practice a certain type of playing in this game, thats why its refreshing to me that BoS is in the game.. its a case of practice makes perfect. Maybe thats why people either love it or hate it :P

Goodluck as you get better and more comfortable with BoS

Quote Originally Posted by Horrorfang View Post
    Very situationally you can do this, but generally you want to avoid it.

First thing is, you don't have the resources to spam FeS. So you might run inot the situation where you have an empty global after using FeS where you could've simply used 2xSS and have the same RP generated in that 2 gcds time window but you did significantly more damage.

And exactly leads to the second point one SS deals more damage than one FeS. So every time you use FeS on death runes you sacrifice damage and BoS first needs to deal that damage again before you actually get a damage gain out of BoS.

So in the end you only will ever use FeS on death runes during BoS is when you can still spam down abilities after that and generate a higher BoS uptime due to that, once you have just 1 free gcd during the whole BoS after using a FeS on death runes you lost damage worth roughly one tick of BoS damage.

Its kind of improtant to keep that in mind and think ahead how many gcds you can fit into your BoS and how many resources you have to fill those gcds. As long as you spam SS every gcd you lose 5 rp/s, so starting from 100 rp your breath would last 20 seconds just from that. In reality you won't be able to do that so you need to think a bit when you can fit in PL, when you can allow yourself a death rune FeS and how you most efficiently use AMS/ERW so you gain the most resources from it. For instance use ERW instantly once you have an empty GCD and plan that. Because every second you wait your runes reg but if you push ERW you lose that regen time and exactly that few seconds of longer rune cd later might cost you a few last ticks you could've gotten in.

You don't have always such consequency and they might end up very minor but its something to keep in mind. Especially for subsequent Breaths outside of your opener you want to have an overview of your available reosurces, thats why its so improtant to never start a breath without atleast 2 runes, so you can use as many gcds as possible and chain those into the other runes that come back in time and also use those resources as efficiently as possible and time those around ams sokaing etc you you neither overcap rune nor RP.

Deleted
    Regarding the Festering vs. SS. Festering gives more Runic power per GCD while SS gives more dmg per GCD. What this means if your running low on runic power it might be more effecient to use Festering even if you have Death Runes. Often this comes up in situations where you want to use a gcd to not generate runic power, namely when your about to do Plague Leech. If you just SS, SS, PL you might end up with 3 runes but no runic power. Therefor you have to judge the situation and often times use FS, PL, FS & then begin using SS again. Your goal is to spend all your non runic power ressources - but you must avoid running out of runic power with runes/PL/BC available thats why sometimes you want to festering strike.

Besides this using BoS is really something that is a fight by fight practice. Your timings will be very consistent so e.g. Tyrant you can always soak the passive on the first breath always edict on the second breath in phase 2. On Zaakun you always want to soak the first pillar on pull and depending on your guilds killspeeds your pulls might always line the second breath up with seeds.

Therefor getting a good second or third BoS is often time a matter of getting to know the fight timers. Which is why BoS is such a cool gameplay talent. (Unholy in general is about weaving your abilities into the fight timers)
    Last edited by mmoc0597266d61; 2015-11-07 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalight View Post
    I find it rare that you have to practice a certain type of playing in this game, thats why its refreshing to me that BoS is in the game.. its a case of practice makes perfect. Maybe thats why people either love it or hate it :P

Goodluck as you get better and more comfortable with BoS
    To be honest I mostly do decently well with it, but more practice won't do me any harm

Thanks to all above for discussing this. In hindsight I think I'm to eager to fes early after popping bos so I will try and adjust to more ss and see the difference.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2015-11-07 at 09:06 PM.