Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You're using opinions as facts and insults as justification. Lazy and selfish are clearly insults in the context. Ironic ones too since what you favor is removing the choice of play from others so you can be selfish and not have to make a choice.
    Truth can hurt but they're not meant as insults.

No, I favor removing a mistake of an implementation that has become a kool-aid drinking moment for all those who want flying in the game going forward.

It's a detriment to the game and this tiny-flame-of-yearn for flying upon launch needs to be snuffed out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love it!! Flying introduced as an achievement in 7.1 feels like the right timing to me.

Somewhere in between flying right away (like MoP) and having to wait 10 months to fly (like WoD). I think 4-5 months of ground mounts only is a good timeframe at release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Truth can hurt but they're not meant as insults.

No, I favor removing a mistake of an implementation that has become a kool-aid drinking moment for all those who want flying in the game going forward.

It's a detriment to the game and this tiny-flame-of-yearn for flying upon launch needs to be snuffed out.
    All your opinion. Also, saying "but it's the truth" doesn't make magically make an insult not an insult. Especially when it isn't a truth, but an opinion.

You've already seen how their mistake of trying to cut flying worked in WoD. Maybe you can keep hoping enough people just put up with it in Legion.

Gonna be funny when people burn out from the world objectives because they dont want to run around on ground mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Okay, cool. We gonna have another 4k page thread repeating the same things over and over?
    Just like the LFR threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Gonna be funny when people burn out from the world objectives because they dont want to run around on ground mounts.
    I predict that flying will be just as controversial in Legion as it was in WoD. To put it another way, Blizzard seems incapable of learning a damned thing.

The devs are idiots. They never learn , just repeat the same old crap. I would of course laugh my ass off if any of them had a bunch of bad karma.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Flying to raids
    num LK alt-tab
    going to a raid with no flying. click closest flight path
    alt-tab
    then im gona get on my ground mount and hit
    num LK alt-tab
    I NEED FLYING ITS SO MUCH EASIER

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    This is one of my hang ups actually. As pretty as the new zones look, I'm almost positive I'll grow to hate the zones by being grounded until Blizzard decides otherwise. I don't trust Blizzard to do anything well, I live in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp".

10+ Year Old Account
    and just like that my plans are locked down. No pre-sale, no sale at all until flying is avalable
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Looks like I'm going to be unsubbed for a while this expansion. If this was going to be how they are doing flying, I was already planning on going through launch to level up my main characters, do the parts of the achievement that are possible, and then unsub until the patch is finally unlocked. No way am I going to waste my time on a ground mount doing all of this artifact weapon grinding. The only reason no-flying was even remotely bearable in WoD was that you didn't have to leave the garrison.

If I have to wait months to play when flying is finally available, no problem, I have other things to do that are more fun than slow traveling in a game that used to have fast traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Watching the VT and they have confirmed that there will be no flying at launch but you can work on the Achievement to get it
    That's good to know. I absolutely don't mind not flying in the beginning or needing an Achievement. My beef was not having the Achievement fully implemented in 7.0 as I was afraid of another WoD fiasco. I'm very glad it going to be fully implemented and players can work on it as they wish. I'm even totally okay with the Achievement itself having requirements that cannot be completed until later in the expansion. As long as they don't try and take flying away from me completely like they wanted to do in WoD I'm cool with it all.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Really disappointed to hear this. The achievement alone is more than enough of a gate already. For an expansion that seems to have the right idea about player choice and playstyle in almost every other area, it's a shame that the devs are still putting unnecessary barriers in the way of people engaging with content. WoD opened up so much to me and became infinitely more enjoyable once they enabled flying, and with Legion being full of so much persistent world content I can see the lack of flying becoming frustrating even faster.

Fingers crossed they'll reconsider before launch, or at the very least add it in after a month or two of the expansion going live. A lack of flying only works well in small, tightly designed areas specifically made for it, not vast sprawling open worlds that are intended to be traversed regularly.

Jesus, some of these comments. If you are holding out on subbing because there isn't flying, you're playing the wrong damn game. hello kitty is that way ---->

Quote Originally Posted by ripped View Post
    If only the pro flyers were around during Vanilla. They would understand why flying should have never been implemented in the game. If these was 1 thing that Blizzard would take back in all the years developing this game it would be the flying.
    Don't speak for me. I'm a pro flyer and have been playing this game since December 2004 and absolutely do not agree with you. What I understand is flying being implemented in the game has made playing WoW much, much more enjoyable for me.

That really is an incredibly important point when discussing how damaging flying has been to WoW as a whole.

The vast majority of these people arguing for flying didn't even play then and have no conceptual idea of how great it was without it.
    Don't you speak for me either. Flying has not been "damaging" to WoW. Vanilla was "not great" in so, so many ways and flying made WoW a lot more fun for me.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2015-11-08 at 05:54 AM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great argument there.
    We lived what is it to not fly during many months. It is ok for when the content is relevant. But why refusing it for when the content does not matter anymore? Why are we winning there? In 7.2., the main continent will likely stop being relevant as we will probably get something similar as Timeless Isle or Tanaan Jungle.

If only the pro flyers were around during Vanilla. They would understand why flying should have never been implemented in the game. If these was 1 thing that Blizzard would take back in all the years developing this game it would be the flying.
    If you where a Vanilla player you would know how many people wanted flying mounts and how excited people where when they added them.

Wrong? Ask the Devs how wrong I am. THey have admitted in the past that flying was a mistake to add to the game.

Who's wrong?
    I'm sure if it was up to the dev people they wouldn't do anything that would cause them to have to do extra work (adding textures to tops of mountains) or allow people to consume content faster than a snails pace.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Watching the VT and they have confirmed that there will be no flying at launch but you can work on the Achievement to get it
    its simple - no fly no sub and we can force them to brign to in soon just liek we wont with it in wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle
    Immersion
    This word, it does not mean what you guys think it means. It has been turned into a buzzword by armchair game designers on forums.

Games are about fun, sex is about fun. Have you noticed the news in the last few years? Gasp! Sex and sexuality have gotten complicated. Wrap your brain around that one. Got it? Now, stop trying to project your idea of fun onto me in the gaming context. You have your idea of what floats your boat, it may not (and need not) float mine. Alt Tab for long flight paths? Not "immersive" for me. "Look, we can put spirals on a map" done the umpteenth time in a zone? Not expansive for me. "No flying for you, and do not ask why your mount forgot it has wings" but "here, have this stack of gliders, gliders run by goblins, 'puzzles' that you bloody well have to use a glider for (and no flying if you don't do our puzzles)"? Not immersive for me. Standing on a cliff, getting a glider from a goblin rather than using that flying mount that was once a prestigious reward? Not immersive for me. Physics that say a glider works, but that flying mount forgot how to spread its wings enough to even slow my fall? Getting the picture yet? Not. Immersive. For. Me.

Immersive for you? Don't use a flying mount! See how easy that was?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    That's good to know. I absolutely don't mind not flying in the beginning or needing an Achievement. My beef was not having the Achievement fully implemented in 7.0 as I was afraid of another WoD fiasco. I'm very glad it going to be fully implemented and players can work on it as they wish. I'm even totally okay with the Achievement itself having requirements that cannot be completed until later in the expansion. As long as they don't try and take flying away from me completely like they wanted to do in WoD I'm cool with it all.
    They are just taking away flying when you might actually want to use it. After you have done everything and it's the last patch, there is really no use to flying.

And not adding flying during launch will either result in a delayed tier patch (if it is implemented during one) or another 7.2.x patch because they will have to go back in and fix the world so you can fly seamlessly without being dropped into nothing out of nowhere. It took two months to do that with WoD and that was basically all they were doing besides adding pets and mounts.

What you call insults, I call observations.

There's no immersion to be had while hovering over the entire game-world, trivializing everything built to be played-in, down below.

Nothing wrong with feeling differently about it, but flying does factually trivialize the game-world. There's no debate to be had there.

Like he said... immersion is subjective. Flying might break immersion for you, but for me losing the ability to fly I've had since be is far more of a break.

And yes, flying does trivialize the game world a small amount. So does all other forms of progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    it's not fully implemented, which is why they said you can work towards it at launch, but can't actually complete it...