Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    False.

That is damage tuning that comes at the tail end. In the past class mechanic tuning was the top priority for Blizz. Former EJ member aka Watcher aka Ion Hazikostas recent promotion shows Legion is going to be another raid or die expansion which is exactly what WoD was.
    We don't refer to class mechanic changes as tuning, so that's on you. The classes have been iterated on every build since the start of alpha, so you don't have a leg to stand on saying they aren't doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We don't refer to class mechanic changes as tuning, so that's on you. The classes have been iterated on every build since the start of alpha, so you don't have a leg to stand on saying they aren't doing it.
    They started doing raid testing before they even released all the specs. You don't have a leg to stand on by defending their backwards testing process. As for Patchfinder Part I then Mr. Elitist Jerks former member Ion Hazikostas can enjoy another raid or die expansion. Apparently flying harms his precious raids he designs and he can't put his ego aside to design a complete expansion.

I'm continually amazed that so many wish for flying, since it directly affects things that are common complaints about WoW today. It both reduces content in multiple ways (skippable, faster consumption etc) and dwarfs the world area since it is not even close to be designed for that travel speed. And yet, each time people clamor for it.

Is it really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    I'm continually amazed that so many wish for flying, since it directly affects things that are common complaints about WoW today. It both reduces content in multiple ways (skippable, faster consumption etc) and dwarfs the world area since it is not even close to be designed for that travel speed. And yet, each time people clamor for it.

Is it really worth it?
    It doesn't reduce content because to do content you must dismount. It merely gives you the illusion that content lasts longer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like they want to provide some incentive for people to roll a Demon Hunter so people can use the class's OP terrain movement skills to bypass much of the annoying terrain features that will annoy other classes and at the same time make the DH look super popular.

But that couldnt possibly be the reason. Nope.

Not the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Its almost like they want to provide some incentive for people to roll a Demon Hunter so people can use the class's OP terrain movement skills to bypass much of the annoying terrain features that will annoy other classes and at the same time make the DH look super popular.

But that couldnt possibly be the reason. Nope.

Not the reason.
    Given they've been experimenting with this since cataclysm that's a pretty big 'no'.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given they've been experimenting with this since cataclysm that's a pretty big 'no'.
    Flight is a lure that they will use to get people resubbed when they feel they most need the boost. Just like they did back in WoD. I personally was one of the many who only came back once Pathfinder was announced. There were a few hundred thousand just like me.

- - - Updated - - -

This time though, they are faking the Pathfinder. Its there, but it doesnt actually unlock flight. Its being dangled as bait.

Is it really worth it?
    Yeah, considering that during the most successfull expansions - BC and WotLK - flying was available as soon as you dinged level cap. Some player could not afford it immediately in BC but most of them could. And players enjoyed those expansions, since they were given tons of content by todays standards. Compare BC PvE content to WoD at launch:

-BC had huge Karazhan, Tempest Keep, SSC, Gruuls Lair and Magtheridon. That's over 20 bosses of various difficulties and lococations AT LAUNCH. WoD had Highmaul with 7 bosses. Which was delayed.
    -BC had 16 dungeons, with normal mode in many of them being relevant in late game gearing, and heroic mode being actual progress content. WoD had 8 HCs, with normals only for leveling really, and no real progress within the system.
    -*BC also had a huge endgame quests system that spanned the dungeons, HCs and raids, giving you a goal, something to do each day.
    -BC had various daily zones, all with interesting rewards players craved to get. Here's a big one - all of those zones were designed with flying in mind, so you had to account for cannons and birds guarding the skies. WoD world content... well, not really.

That's a comparison of just a few aspects of those expansions. To make long story short, BC was FILLED with content at launch, and was constantly updated with more, while WoD had very little. Flying wouldn't change a thing, it didn't make BC boring and devoid of content. WoD was bad because of developer laziness, which in turn resulted in little to no content in the game. And you never should defend laziness.

Deleted

Is it really worth it?
    Without flight I will do the least amount possible because slow travelling will rob a chunk of my gaming time. I have 17.6K achievement points on my account, my highest are reputations (95% or 77/81) and exploration (86%). In exploration, I deliberately missed out on the photographing crap because 6.1 patch was an insult, and some achievements like killing all rarespawns in BC and Wrath. I also did all loremaster achievements.

For me, the game ist simply more fun with flying, especially with the horrible zone layout which we had in TI and WoD. Yes, I have spent some time at TI because there was not much else to do for me, and I wanted to catch up with my characters and collect pets and mounts (my pet battles and collector achievements are also above 80% of completion). It took me some time to get Shaohao rep, because I only used the daily quest and killed relevant mobs in that time, but did not grind very much. I have been grinding Timbermaw, that's enough.

I want to spend my game time with relevant things, not with travelling from A to B. I already lose 3 hours a workday with commuting. Why should I want the same thing in a fantasy game?

Flight is a lure that they will use to get people resubbed when they feel they most need the boost. Just like they did back in WoD. I personally was one of the many who only came back once Pathfinder was announced. There were a few hundred thousand just like me.

- - - Updated - - -

This time though, they are faking the Pathfinder. Its there, but it doesnt actually unlock flight. Its being dangled as bait.
    But pathfinder was always announced as something that wouldn't give you flying at start of expansion, even if you did all of the available parts?

- - - Updated - - -

This is why Patch finder is going to backfire. In a way that is why the RNG boxes of PVP is also going to backfire in Legion as they tried that with versatility gear in Ashran and players revolted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Without flight I will do the least amount possible because slow travelling will rob a chunk of my gaming time. I have 17.6K achievement points on my account, my highest are reputations (95% or 77/81) and exploration (86%). In exploration, I deliberately missed out on the photographing crap because 6.1 patch was an insult, and some achievements like killing all rarespawns in BC and Wrath. I also did all loremaster achievements.

For me, the game ist simply more fun with flying, especially with the horrible zone layout which we had in TI and WoD. Yes, I have spent some time at TI because there was not much else to do for me, and I wanted to catch up with my characters and collect pets and mounts (my pet battles and collector achievements are also above 80% of completion). It took me some time to get Shaohao rep, because I only used the daily quest and killed relevant mobs in that time, but did not grind very much. I have been grinding Timbermaw, that's enough.

I want to spend my game time with relevant things, not with travelling from A to B. I already lose 3 hours a workday with commuting. Why should I want the same thing in a fantasy game?
    I have 71% if exploration achievements and I will not be doing any of the exploration achievements in Legion. Simple because I will not pay to beta test a game on live servers and wait for patch finder.

Deleted
    But pathfinder was always announced as something that wouldn't give you flying at start of expansion, even if you did all of the available parts?
    The problem is that they are again getting vague with the completion of the meta. Now it's already part I of how many? Will part II unlock flying in the zones available at launch, but keep us from flying in the new zone? Will there be a part III which unlocks flying anywhere in Legion? Why cannot they say that flying unlock will be in 7.1 - whatever release date 7.1 will have? When they already have a release plan for the zones and the pathfinder achievement completion, why don't they just tell us? They don't have to nail an exact release date on each content patch.

The problem is that they are again getting vague with the completion of the meta. Now it's already part I of how many? Will part II unlock flying in the zones available at launch, but keep us from flying in the new zone? Will there be a part III which unlocks flying anywhere in Legion? Why cannot they say that flying unlock will be in 7.1 - whatever release date 7.1 will have? When they already have a release plan for the zones and the pathfinder achievement completion, why don't they just tell us? They don't have to nail an exact release date on each content patch.
    I get that, but there's no reason someone should be coming back because they announced pathfinder, and only just now getting in a huff when it was always something we didn't know when it would come out. The main thing we've learned is it most likely won't come out until after patch content is 'cleared' now.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    There is no distortion of truth outside of the "facts" that get spewed from a vocal minority.
    And here we have got another one distortion! Surely the approximately 50% that polled FOR flight pre-WoD are a minority!!! and the same for the OVER HALF the playerbase that left since then!

You´re doing well. Repeat those lines a few dozen more times, and you might actually start to believe them

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    ultimatum
    ʌltɪˈmeɪtəm
    noun
    a final demand or statement of terms, the rejection of which will result in retaliation or a breakdown in relations.

EXACTLY!

A person making use of his constitutional rights (in this case, a consumer deciding where and why spend his money) is NEVER considered retaliation, but instead regular exercise of rights.

And the buying of a product or payment service is never a "relation" that can be severed, but a business transaction.

So I think I should thank you for finally admitting you were wrong about that ultimatum bullshit. It would be more honorable to say so outright, but hey, baby steps.

At least this issue is now over.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why Patch finder is going to backfire. In a way that is why the RNG boxes of PVP is also going to backfire in Legion as they tried that with versatility gear in Ashran and players revolted.
    Yeah, but they will go to the press and say that they are "very happy" and Legion is "a resounding success" anyway.

After all, they aren´t releasing sub numbers any longer, so no one will be able to contradict them.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    EXACTLY!

A person making use of his constitutional rights (in this case, a consumer deciding where and why spend his money) is NEVER considered retaliation, but instead regular exercise of rights.

And the buying of a product or payment service is never a "relation" that can be severed, but a business transaction.

So I think I should thank you for finally admitting you were wrong about that ultimatum bullshit. It would be more honorable to say so outright, but hey, baby steps.

At least this issue is now over.
    Is your screen too narrow to fit all the text on? The last fivewords of the definition are "...or a breakdown in relations." Are you saying that no longer purchasing Blizzard's products wouldn't fit that definition?

I don't see why you're making such an issue about it, "ultimatum" is an apt description of your stance and not necessarily a negative.

They are going to repeat the mistake of WoD by arguing they have it "planned out".

Yes, WoD was "planned out" too with the epic flying quest for 6.1 as they mentioned at Blizz con. We do not forgive or forget traitors like Ion Hazikostas.

Patch finder is going to backfire when players come at Legion launch an realize flying is segmented into tiny pieces. This is going to be entertaining to watch as this blows up in the Blizz devs faces once more.

I haven't decided which is worse: Patch finder II, Order Halls, or the Legion Pruning....either way it is going to tear at the WoW community into different directions by not learning the mistakes of WoD.

Patchfinder is going to prove to be the worst long term as it is harder to fix than Order Halls or Pruning.
    If players find out after Blizzard has their money for Legion, then Blizzard has already won. This shit will only stop when box sales fall off a cliff - as long as they can get players snowed enough to buy the box then they've already made their money for the expac and will just sit back and laugh while they monetize the pigshit out of the whales with massive goldsinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Is your screen too narrow to fit all the text on? The last fivewords of the definition are "...or a breakdown in relations." Are you saying that no longer purchasing Blizzard's products wouldn't fit that definition?
    Nope. a business transaction happens like this I pay the price asked, and take the product or service for the time bought.
    End.
    If I so desire, I can/might make another business transaction later.

A transaction happens instantly, while a relation develops over time.

So, there. I hope you have learned something new today.

Yes, WoD was "planned out" too with the epic flying quest for 6.1 as they mentioned at Blizz con.
    Players overwhelmingly told them that we DONT want flying - so they listened and delayed it further. They did the right thing, and its good to see they are doing it again for Legion.