Well if getting Loremaster and Explorer: Broken Isles requires you to do all of Suramar -- which is currently more quests than the rest of the zones combined and little to no actual incentive to do them -- I think it's probably going to be boring as fook, but that's just my personal opinion.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Just checking if any further news had been released.

It is sad day when I fully expect any further updates on flight to be released in a 3rd party website.

If we don't get a clear statement that flight will be available by the first content patch, I won't be playing Legion. Some of the stuff in Legion looks cool, but I just do not have the faith in Blizzard to deliver ...

I am not pro flight I am pro a better more enraging game. I didn't think Blizzard would deliver in WoD, so I took the pro flight stance. However I did play the game (mainly because a friend bought me the expac). Even after playing WoD Blizzard proved their unwillingness or lack of ability to deliver. I would be a fool to think Legion would any different.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well if getting Loremaster and Explorer: Broken Isles requires you to do all of Suramar -- which is currently more quests than the rest of the zones combined and little to no actual incentive to do them -- I think it's probably going to be boring as fook, but that's just my personal opinion.
    I know I would be doing every quest once for Loremaster, anyway, so for me this part of Pathfinder is not a big thing. It also kinda fits thematically (although the only really 100% fitting achievement would be the Explorer, period).

They should just stop trying to tell their players what they should consider good content, and instead start to creating content and leave it to their players how they handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Just checking if any further news had been released.

It is sad day when I fully expect any further updates on flight to be released in a 3rd party website.

If we don't get a clear statement that flight will be available by the first content patch, I won't be playing Legion. Some of the stuff in Legion looks cool, but I just do not have the faith in Blizzard to deliver ...
    We have gotten all we will get from Blizzard.

You will NOT be able to earn flying in the launch patch. This is fact.

You will not even be able to complete the requirements for flight and wait for it to be "turned on" in a future patch. You will only be able to BEGIN working on the achievements.

It is HIGHLY likely that, like WoD, Blizzard will add the remaining achievement and actual flight turn on in the VERY LAST content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is HIGHLY likely that, like WoD, Blizzard will add the remaining achievement and actual flight turn on in the VERY LAST content patch.
    As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    If we don't get a clear statement that flight will be available by the first content patch, I won't be playing Legion.
    Even if we do, I'd suggest waiting until it's actually in, and not just buy their word on that.

Why?

Well, they have also said, that WoD will have flying coming in the first patch, and we know how that turned out.

So now you (or anyone) shouldn't believe them, and if you really want flying, vote in the only way that matters in the end, by not buying it based merely on what they have said will happen.

I do wish flying is off until the end of the expac, like it was in WoD. Makes us cross other players as we do quests and zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    Even if we do, I'd suggest waiting until it's actually in, and not just buy their word on that.

Why?

Well, they have also said, that WoD will have flying coming in the first patch, and we know how that turned out.

So now you (or anyone) shouldn't believe them, and if you really want flying, vote in the only way that matters in the end, by not buying it based merely on what they have said will happen.
    Warlords had no real plan in place. This time they know the system they want. They'll design 7.x with the relevant achievement in mind. It's likely to be the final patch, since they like the system they eventually settled on for Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    As it should be.
    no it should get turned on when everyone is fed up with the content and riding through it four hours and in wod that was already on the first patch.....

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Here's what I don't get... what's 'working' to them? If the argument is that the game is somehow better, how? Without defining that it just feels like an arbitrary "because we want to and can" decision. They should be able to clearly articulate what success looks like and not have it easily refuted as Bashiok's pathetic explanations were.
    Success to them is making enough profit off box sales + a few months of sub fees and maybe some gold tokens and store mounts to pad things out until the next expansion. I suspect that their business model considers anything past that as pure gravy.

Besides which, they don't really have to come up with better explanations, because they have enough fans who aren't responsible consumers (who either don't care or buy into the hype train) to make it work. They could say almost anything and people would accept it. And it's not even like this is really all that out of the ordinary for the gaming industry. Look at other AAA publishers. The Call of Duty games release the same garbage every year and people keep gobbling it up, even thought it's the same game every time....on console, even! Early Access is rampant on steam. Day 1 DLCs, heavy emphasis on pre-order/pre-purchase to get your money before the game is even finished. Advertising the game with cinematics using "in game footage" that's scripted, heavily edited, and run on the engine instead of being actual gameplay.

Like I said in a previous post: It's all about the money. It's about preying on people's inability to think critically about their product, lack of self-control or patience. Now now now! It's about getting you to FEEL something about the game instead of think about it. Once you're invested, you're far less likely to back out. It's all human psychology.

As it should be.
    Care to elaborate? Or are you just being a hater?

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisit View Post
    I do wish flying is off until the end of the expac, like it was in WoD. Makes us cross other players as we do quests and zones.
    This is probably one of the most ignorant statements about flying that I've heard, right up there with how flying ruins pvp, and breaks immersion. I really wish people would educate themselves before posting, instead of just repeating garbage someone else said.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-05-03 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Care to elaborate? Or are you just being a hater?
    I have always felt the game was much better without flight, and I feel getting it towards the end of an expansion is the right thing to do.

However, I do also believe we should have a bit more to do at launch this time around to justify not getting it until a later date.

I have always felt the game was much better without flight.
    Better how?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    well my human psychology says to me i have more fun in this game when people dont have insta fly.
    You want to analyze that statement you just vomited out? You have more fun when other people can't do something. So basically you want to dictate what other people can or can't do, all subject to your own personal version of fun. Wow, dude....just...wow.

Well the only thing that resembles vomit is what you saying acutally. Of course something gona influence me in a mmo when its gonna influence others. If anyone click a button and get gladiator gear this gonna piss of people too. What are you even talking about?

Analyze the bigott shit that you talking the whole time here
    I guess I need to spell it out for you.

You didn't say that you had more fun when YOU don't have flight. You said you have more fun when EVERYONE doesn't have flight. You're saying that everyone who wants to fly has to suffer in order for you to get what you want. It's selfish, short-sighted, inconsiderate, and even spiteful.

And your example of gladiator gear isn't even accurate. If I pushed a button and got gladiator gear, that only effects me. It doesn't take away what other people have. What you're asking for is for everyone else to LOSE their gladiator gear just so you can get what you want. Do you see the difference?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I guess I need to spell it out for you.

You didn't say that you had more fun when YOU don't have flight. You said you have more fun when EVERYONE doesn't have flight. You're saying that everyone who wants to fly has to suffer in order for you to get what you want. It's selfish, short-sighted, inconsiderate, and even spiteful.

And your example of gladiator gear isn't even accurate. If I pushed a button and got gladiator gear, that only effects me. It doesn't take away what other people have. What you're asking for is for everyone else to LOSE their gladiator gear just so you can get what you want. Do you see the difference?
    In the same way that it is more fun for me when no one has an instant one-shot ability.

The better comparison is that you're asking us to artificially restrict ourselves and not use the gladiator gear while you do - can't you see why that doesn't work?

If it were a single player game then I can (and did used to) impose all sorts of artificial restrictions on myself to make the game more fun but this is an MMO and there are not many people who will do that - and they tend to be fairly special.

well yeah when flying doesnt exist it common sense that...NOBODY HAS IT?

no its no difference, of course you gonna fuck over people when they are worked for this. get a fucking grip dude. Flying is ez mode for exploration and doing world content and kills wpvp

Except that everyone did have it, for EIGHT YEARS.

And no, it doesn't "fuck over people". They don't lose anything. They still have their gear. The only reason people would say something like that is because they're worrying about what other people have instead of appreciating what they themselves have.

If I work with a team and beat everyone in Arena to reach Gladiator, it's because I was good, and my teammates were good. The reward, the GEAR doesn't take away my skill or my accomplishment. Someone else having the same gear doesn't make them as good as me. The person who pushed the button to get the gear will still get stomped if they go up against me.

Do people stop climbing Mt Everest because someone else already did it? Do people stop working out to get in shape because someone else is already there, or gets in shape easier than them due to genetics? Do people stop raiding because someone else already got world first Mythic kills?

No, because the value is in what YOU accomplished, not what someone else did. The fact that you don't understand that is sad.

How much difference does it REALLY make in the overall experience of the game? Like, really? Why is this thread even a thing, with so many posts? Ermergerdqerliterervlerf! They want you to get into the world and look at it. Look at all the art they have spent all this time and money on. I know when I fly I use num-lock and wait til I get to the dot on the mini map without really paying attention. They want the players to really submerse themselves into the content and being ground-bound makes it just that much more necessary. There is no flight at the start, just like most xpacs before for this very reason. You should be used to it by now, so accept it and quit complaining about the silliness. Besides, I have collected a fair number of ground mounts and enjoy getting to use them from time to time. Now I can without slowing the others I am playing with down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisit View Post
    I think they should have staggered it. Tanaan could have been a little later but was more or less ok. They could have opened the rest of Draenor to flight earlier - most people were done with it well before then.

well yeah when flying doesnt exist it common sense that...NOBODY HAS IT?

no its no difference, of course you gonna fuck over people when they worked for this. get a fucking grip dude. Flying is ez mode for exploration and doing world content and kills wpvp
    Which is why no flying until max level has worked beautifully since Burning Crusade. You have leveled through the zones to explore, do world content and participated in World PvP. At max level you can choose to focus on what you want... exploration certainly isn't endgame, world content isn't affected by max level flying, and World PvP is still there when chosen on normal servers and all the time on PvP servers.

Everything Blizzard is doing and choosing as a design "feature" is to reduce the amount of content they need to create. I feel badly for a lot of you newer players who do not know what this game was like... what made it "THE" MMO of choice.

Garrisonville 2.0, infinite difficulty CM's, infinite leveling artifacts, mob scaling to your level, RNG gear... all to create artificial, numbers generated content or a need to repeat content infinitely for a received reward.

Lazy, horrible game design. We are seriously paying more money, for less content that is being stretched to last the same or longer time span.

Deleted
    this is like the same dumb argumentation line

"when you want challening world content unequip your weapon"

i mean wtf
    I think you mis-read me: I said only in the context of a single player game.

There's the odd player who wants to level to 100 without killing anything but most players just want to compete on a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    The better comparison is that you're asking us to artificially restrict ourselves and not use the gladiator gear while you do - can't you see why that doesn't work?
    No, because you're not competing against me. You just think you are because you're worrying about what other people are doing instead of just playing and getting your own value out of the game.

Stop worrying about what other people do for fun! Stop trying to force other people to have fun in the same way you do!