I think it's hilarious 2 of the hot topics in the WoW community is still "no fly no buy" AND people freaking out wanting Vanilla servers.

You couldn't fly in Vanilla. And you won't be handed crap for free. Get over it : l
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I think it's hilarious 2 of the hot topics in the WoW community is still "no fly no buy" AND people freaking out wanting Vanilla servers.

You couldn't fly in Vanilla. And you won't be handed crap for free. Get over it : l
    I have covered this already by Vanilla had maps you could navigate by ground mount and foot reasonably and made logical sense with quest hubs. Broken Isles? Only the master race Demon Hunter is allowed to bypass Blizzard's rate maze design of "zones"".

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I have covered this already by Vanilla had maps you could navigate by ground mount and foot reasonably and made logical sense with quest hubs. Broken Isles? Only the master race Demon Hunter is allowed to bypass Blizzard's rate maze design of "zones"".
    This post makes it clear that you are trolling or clueless.

Deleted
    More evidence that some people will never be pleased but are probably addicted to whining on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    More evidence that some people will never be pleased but are probably addicted to whining on this forum.
    I'm edgier than you. So I'll whine about your whine regarding other's whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    This post makes it clear that you are trolling or clueless.
    Given that we have known the design of Broken Isles for months I can safely say you are clueless. How you like them apples?

Going back onto topic. Flying being gated to make the tiny Broken Isles feels relevant is a cheap parlor trick that most will realize within a month of release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    Thanks for the free bump. Like flies to the electric fly swatter.

Uh? Pretty sure the "maps" are designed for land mounts that's why we can and have traveled across it lol. I'm pretty sure you're just trying to make an argument out of nothing. Keep complaining about it though idk not going to change anytime soon so maybe stay unsubbed and part of the pity no fly no sub club kek
    Retired boomer.

Uh? Pretty sure the "maps" are designed for land mounts that's why we can and have traveled across it lol. I'm pretty sure you're just trying to make an argument out of nothing. Keep complaining about it though idk not going to change anytime soon so maybe stay unsubbed and part of the pity no fly no sub club kek
    Enjoy your incoming ban I guess?

This thread is supposed to be discussing no flying in Legion not about personal attacks. Thanks for the free bump again though! And WoD maps were not designed well with ground mounts in mind (eg Nagrand, Spires of Arak).

7+ Year Old Account
    I think flying is important because I don't know about all of you but my toons mover very slowly on land. I feel like I get around faster when I'm flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Yea, we all know they're putting us into the world walking first before we run.

I get it, people wanna do what they want and they're mad Blizz won't allow flight right away. I still think it will be a fun game, but that's just me.
    Not getting flight in 7.0 is only part of it. The other part is Blizzard being underhanded with flight instead of playing straight with the playerbase. It's about not giving players enough information and expecting them to pay and play on faith that Blizzard won't screw them over with flight like they did in WoD. It's about saying that removing flight allows them to make a better game, then not making a better game. It's about using flight as a carrot to force people to play in a way that they might not enjoy, after 8 years of having the tools to play how they want.

I get that there's a fundamental difference in belief on this subject. What I wish people would understand is that Blizzard is using a part of the game that we find enjoyable, that we've had for the past 8 years, and is holding it hostage to get us to play in a way that isn't enjoyable. And then attempts to tell us that they know what's more fun than we do.

Try putting yourself in our shoes. Take whatever it is that you find most enjoyable about WoW, then lock it behind a wall of achievements that you can't actually finish until 7.1, or 7.2, or whenever. Are you seriously going to tell me that you'd be ok with it? That you'd be perfectly fine with Blizzard shitting on the thing you like about WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

This kind of response always amazes me. "Like whatever shit Blizzard is shoveling, or gtfo and unsub." Just remember that when your wait in the queue for a dungeon keeps getting higher, or you can't find a decent person for your raid group. Because that's what happens. Blizzard is a community game, and when your only response to problems is people quitting the game, the game keeps getting worse.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-05-09 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This kind of response always amazes me. "Like whatever shit Blizzard is shoveling, or gtfo and unsub." Just remember that when your wait in the queue for a dungeon keeps getting higher, or you can't find a decent person for your raid group. Because that's what happens. Blizzard is a community game, and when your only response to problems is people quitting the game, the game keeps getting worse.
    People have been using this line for whatever their personal gripe is since the dawn of time (or 2004, whatever).

You know what I'd like to save my community? An actual effort in maintaining it instead of trying to rely on automated systems to reward and police players. Community activities. Encouragement of positive behavior.

I'll take that over flying, easily, if that is the ultimatum I'm presented with.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    People have been using this line for whatever their personal gripe is since the dawn of time (or 2004, whatever).

You know what I'd like to save my community? An actual effort in maintaining it instead of trying to rely on automated systems to reward and police players. Community activities. Encouragement of positive behavior.

I'll take that over flying, easily, if that is the ultimatum I'm presented with.
    Problem is... the people that are leaving are the ones that care about the game... about the community... take take their play seriously. It's the ones that stay and pay $15 month for a game they play a couple hours a week that is shaping the games future. They don't care about the longevity of the game, the quality of the content, and certainly don;t want to play more than they already are...

They don't bother to gem and enchant their gear... they don't farm instances for upgrades, no farming for gold so they purchase upgrades o they can bring the best character to the encounters.

And then they bitch because everything is too hard or the game isn't rewarding, or that it isn't fair that johnny playing 2X as much is able to surpass them in gear, gold and items.

THAT'S what's left when the good part of the community gets crapped on by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Problem is... the people that are leaving are the ones that care about the game... about the community... take take their play seriously. It's the ones that stay and pay $15 month for a game they play a couple hours a week that is shaping the games future. They don't care about the longevity of the game, the quality of the content, and certainly don;t want to play more than they already are...
    So this is the same polarizing, 'us vs. them' nonsense I keep telling you gets you no where. It's rhetoric. It makes you feel better, so righteous, so virtuous, and accomplishes nothing.

You have basically explicitly stated here that because I'm subbed, I must not 'care' about the game. It makes no sense, why would I have 1000+ posts about a game I don't care about, but whatever who said we had to make sense?

So, I didn't care to read beyond this paragraph. Sorry. You told me not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

They don't bother to gem and enchant their gear... they don't farm instances for upgrades, no farming for gold so they purchase upgrades o they can bring the best character to the encounters.

And then they bitch because everything is too hard or the game isn't rewarding, or that it isn't fair that johnny playing 2X as much is able to surpass them in gear, gold and items.

THAT'S what's left when the good part of the community gets crapped on by Blizzard.
    And that's why I get so bent when these people who come into the thread and post nonsense like: "Stop compaining like a little kid who has their candy taken away." or, "Just shut up and play the game."

Or worse, the ones who try to argue that there isn't a problem with the way Blizzard is handling flight. Clearly there IS a problem for a lot of people, even if some are ok with the ground game. Even if you never come to understand why someone wants flight in the game, you still have to recognize that flying did not drive players away from the game like removing flight did.

That's something people should be concerned about even if they don't care about flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Funny how even when it's spelled out for you it still goes way over your head.
    Just like everyone will fly over my head in Legion.

Not getting flight in 7.0 is only part of it. The other part is Blizzard being underhanded with flight instead of playing straight with the playerbase. It's about not giving players enough information and expecting them to pay and play on faith that Blizzard won't screw them over with flight like they did in WoD. It's about saying that removing flight allows them to make a better game, then not making a better game. It's about using flight as a carrot to force people to play in a way that they might not enjoy, after 8 years of having the tools to play how they want.

I get that there's a fundamental difference in belief on this subject. What I wish people would understand is that Blizzard is using a part of the game that we find enjoyable, that we've had for the past 8 years, and is holding it hostage to get us to play in a way that isn't enjoyable. And then attempts to tell us that they know what's more fun than we do.

Try putting yourself in our shoes. Take whatever it is that you find most enjoyable about WoW, then lock it behind a wall of achievements that you can't actually finish until 7.1, or 7.2, or whenever. Are you seriously going to tell me that you'd be ok with it? That you'd be perfectly fine with Blizzard shitting on the thing you like about WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

The self entitled whiny people about no flying and Vanilla servers are both small minority groups. Loud annoying groups, but still small. I had no problems raiding after the 1st wave of no fly no buy babies hit. I'm sure I will be just fine in Legion without them as well. Nobody in the mythic groups I run with are crying about not flying lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy your incoming ban I guess?

This thread is supposed to be discussing no flying in Legion not about personal attacks. Thanks for the free bump again though! And WoD maps were not designed well with ground mounts in mind (eg Nagrand, Spires of Arak).
    Not banned. Weird I guess.All these threads about not flying are just asking for these sorts of meaningless "discussions" anyways and often time turn into ragefests from self entitlement people complaining.
    Retired boomer.

The self entitled whiny people about no flying and Vanilla servers are both small minority groups. Loud annoying groups, but still small. I had no problems raiding after the 1st wave of no fly no buy babies hit. I'm sure I will be just fine in Legion without them as well. Nobody in the mythic groups I run with are crying about not flying lol.
    Typical response from someone who didn't bother to even try to understand. "I'm not having a problem, so therefore there is not a problem." Also, thanks for the bog standard assumption that it's 'crying' about entitlement. Truly, I've never heard that response before(/sarcasm).

How would you feel if Blizzard suddenly decided that Mythic raiding wasn't going to be available until the end of the expansion, and you had to clear pathfinder before getting access to it? I suppose you'd sit back and applaud Blizzard for their incredible wisdom?

Typical response from someone who didn't bother to even try to understand. "I'm not having a problem, so therefore there is not a problem." Also, thanks for the bog standard assumption that it's 'crying' about entitlement. Truly, I've never heard that response before(/sarcasm).

How would you feel if Blizzard suddenly decided that Mythic raiding wasn't going to be available until the end of the expansion, and you had to clear pathfinder before getting access to it? I suppose you'd sit back and applaud Blizzard for their incredible wisdom?
    Then I'd wait and earn it by doing whatever I had to do until the meantime?

Not sure how flying is comparable to raiding lol...raiding has always been a core focus and aspect of the game. Whereas flying is just skipping over content But alright.

tl;dr: I'm not you. I'd wait to raid. Like we do now anyways. Granted not as long.
    Retired boomer.

Then I'd wait and earn it by doing whatever I had to do until the meantime?
    Riiiight....and I'm sure you wouldn't ever post about how screwed up it was to lock it behind an unknown time-frame with no explanation.

Not sure how flying is comparable to raiding
    Yup, right over your head.

see, this is the problem with the discussion. So many people don't even have the capacity to understand the problem in the first place.

Riiiight....and I'm sure you wouldn't ever post about how screwed up it was to lock it behind an unknown time-frame with no explanation.

Yup, right over your head.

see, this is the problem with the discussion. So many people don't even have the capacity to understand the problem in the first place.
    A small minority think no flying until later in the expansion is a "problem" Sorry if you're one of them :'( Done feeding into this nonsense discussion. Keep getting your +1s though Wrath spawn.
    Retired boomer.