Quote Originally Posted by Twaster View Post
    Maybe you could try replying a person wanting a valid discussion, rather than this low level, passive aggressive, backhanded insult system you seem to have in place
    Says the guy that made an account TODAY, for the sole purpose of oozing a low level, passive aggressive, backhanded insult system.

Little widdle troll wants a cookie? Sure it does! Sure it does!

Cute little thing..Aint it adorable?

Well guys, I'm gonna clock out for now. It seems pretty clear that the current crop of anti-flight trolls are doing exactly that: trolling. There's no point in trying to have a rational, reasonable discussion with all the insults and personal attacks going on. I'll be back once real discussion is being had instead of pontification.

My favorite dungeon of all time is Zul'Farrak because you could mount up in that zone.

Back in BC, flight was a luxury thing. At launch it had very few players, and you had to be quite active to accrue the gold needed for 150% then 280%. This was a good model, as having players work for a travel convenience is an excellent way to have them engage content the hard way, then rewarding them with an easier way to do it. Does everyone like it? No. Will most of those disgruntled with it work towards it? Yes! And they'll have an opportunity to see content they wouldn't otherwise see.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    Back in BC, flight was a luxury thing. At launch it had very few players, and you had to be quite active to accrue the gold needed for 150% then 280%. This was a good model, as having players work for a travel convenience is an excellent way to have them engage content the hard way, then rewarding them with an easier way to do it. Does everyone like it? No. Will most of those disgruntled with it work towards it? Yes! And they'll have an opportunity to see content they wouldn't otherwise see.
    This is wrong.

60% flight was very easy to get. Epic flying was the large gold sink.

This statement is so full of shit, I am tempted to resell it as fertilizer. Flying has NOTHING to do with quality gameplay.
    This has absolutely zero relevance to what I wrote. Good zinger though. You should use it again.

Oh wait, you did, nvm.

- - - Updated - - -

When flight exists, bridges are pointless. Why the construction exists does make sense when flying is a possibility. Yes, they serve a purpose while leveling, but hitting max level shouldnt suddenly mean all bridges are just pretty.
    Holy shit, you are right. I never even took the bridges feelings into consideration in all of this. Poor bridges, totally being ignored, what a travesty, what an injustice. Blizz should create zone boundaries that force everyone to cross every bridge, lest some poor NPC's construction efforts go unappreciated and/or the bridge starts to feel lonely....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    This has absolutely zero relevance to what I wrote. Good zinger though. You should use it again.

Oh wait, you did, nvm.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit, you are right. I never even took the bridges feelings into consideration in all of this. Poor bridges, totally being ignored, what a travesty, what an injustice. Blizz should create zone boundaries that force everyone to cross every bridge, lest some poor NPC's construction efforts go unappreciated and/or the bridge starts to feel lonely....
    Why do you cling to the idea that removal is inherently wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, you did, nvm.
    Only being allowed to post from a year old thread is tricky somethings - but hey I got you sad acts answering the same points with your repeated drivel just the same.

Why do you cling to the idea that removal is inherently wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Only being allowed to post from a year old thread is tricky somethings - but hey I got you sad acts answering the same points with your repeated drivel just the same.
    I too think daylight savings is a bit confusing. In fact I am buying all local beef from my butcher next time I go abseiling.

Purple jumpsuit murder jargle. Frivolous spaghetti dog track vandals, landing gear tug watch.

Now that we have both gotten our insane ramblings out of our systems, do you wanna reply to anything actually written? Or are you just gonna go on being fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Indeed it is!

Now go face yourself in the mirror, and stop doing that!
    Wow, dismissal, another defense for someone who refuses to face facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, when someone actively says that you are to do something, it is not an order, or suggestion, or whatever people say to others when they want them to do something. Nope.

It is Dismissal.

My I suggest you to make your aqquaintance with a dictionary?

He says without a hint of irony.

It's like the thread is overrun with sith hamsters. Im gonna have nightmares of Brandon138's stupifying me with swamp logic. And they wonder why these threads persist, while dumping can after can of fuel on the bonfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to fly in Draenor does not constitute less content to me. Opinions are just that. Opinions.

The feature hasn't been removed, you can still fly your mounts on Azeroth if doing that all day is your cup of tea. No, really, I think this incessant crying is amusing to an extent. But it says something about priorities.

It looks like Blizzard are copying yet another successful aspect from GW2.

No mounts in GW2, never have been and never will be. There has not been any QQ about it from the players, they just adapted to how the game works and got on with playing the game... exactly what will happen in Wow.
    Well the pro-flight crowd somehow thinks that a mode of travel = content to them, when in reality its just what it is: A mode of travel. The game already has several modes of travel, and nothing is being taken away from them.

I think its comical when I see the "#noflynobuy" and other silly variants of this indicating that they will not buy a full expansion, full of new mechanics, new content, new locations, new dungeons, raids etc etc etc. They won't buy the game and play the actual content because they can only ride their horse instead of pick up and fly anywhere they please. Its comical and frankly quite sad.

Why would you skip out on actual REAL content, especially FRESH NEW content, just because you can only ride your horse (or dragon) on the ground? They can still fly in previous expansion zones, just not instantly in the new ones. It really doesn't make sense. In all honesty, its a pride / entitled issue. Pride because they think they are right and they are the only ones who can be right on this issue, and entitled because they think that just because flight was available at max level in previous expansions, they think it should be the same with every expansion going forward.

You just gotta let them do their thing. If they want to whine and claim somehow Blizzard is doing them and the community a disservice, let them think that. Obviously Blizzard (and many many other players) disagree with them, and they designed the game how they saw fit. Let them skip out on the new content, and let them continue to be salty. Whining is not the mature way to voice concern. Voice it once, and move on. And if you notice, in this particular thread, its only like 5 people who continue the circle jerk of bringing up the "no-fly" situation as if its some big issue.

The game will be just fine with no-flying instantly at max level. The game will continue to succeed, and players will come and go. I look forward to Legion, and being able to do all the tasty quests, and consume the dungeon and raid content. It will be a blast figuring out the new system and artifact and order halls. Lots to be excited about coming, just don't let the no-flight crowd bring you down

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    We are talking about WoD and you bring in MoP which has nothing to do with the discussion. That is like saying that snake saved the frog from drowning while it is half way into is mouth and dead.
    Okay we'll ignore the 600k who came in Q32014. Maybe they weren't there for WoD and they just wanted to celebrate SoO's first birthday. That means WoD attracted 2.6m in 3 months, the fastest rise in subs WoW has ever seen.

Conclusion - sub data can be twisted very easily if you only focus on a tiny set of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    So, when someone actively says that you are to do something, it is not an order, or suggestion, or whatever people say to others when they want them to do something. Nope.

It is Dismissal.

My I suggest you to make your aqquaintance with a dictionary?
    Oh, the classic follow up, a smart aleck response. We both know how this goes, I show you exactly how your order was a dismissal to which you reply with a sardonic tone about "how I am making things up to suit my own needs and how apparently I'm such a mastermind that I can figure out how to read between the lines." Not going down that road with you. I've pointed out some things with which you said I agreed with, and other things I didn't. You chose to focus on certain things, whether misunderstanding them or twisting them around instead of staying on topic to the point where this has devolved into bickering. It's time for this conversation to move on.
    (I'm sure if I didn't put these parantheses there will be some kind of smart ass retort about how I am changing topic to avoi being wrong, right?)

He says without a hint of irony.

It's like the thread is overrun with sith hamsters. Im gonna have nightmares of Brandon138's stupifying me with swamp logic. And they wonder why these threads persist, while dumping can after can of fuel on the bonfire.
    Absurd.

A Sith hamster would be a terrifying ball of fur and hate, Force-choking and lightning-frying posters left and right.

The ones infestating this place right now? They´re adorable!

Cute and cuddly.

- - - Updated - - -

(I'm sure if I didn't put these parantheses there will be some kind of smart ass retort about how I am changing topic to avoi being wrong, right?)
    Negative.

The parenthesis are not required for that to be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You don't do anything remotely close to what it will be like in Legion. A garrison has its own hearthstone, and also the shipyard provides you a hearthstone. And finally, there are portals in your garrison leading to Ashran hubs for alliance/horde.
    So again, I go there once from my hearth point (or start the game there if I logged out) send followers out, accept quests, go do said quests, head back, turn everything in and upgrade artifact weapon.
    Now, I understand what you are trying to say, but you need to consider your audience, be that opposition or agreement. As a player who maximizes what I do in the time I have, it will progress very similarly to how I just pointed out, and this doesn't affect me in the manner you want it to. Now if a person comes along and reads what you put who is the type of player that wants to upgrade the exact second they get the points for the artifact, or for some reason changes their talents like crazy, or just forgets things constantly, then the point you are making will be better received. As it stands, it's lost on me because I don't see an issue with going there twice a day until it's irrelevant for player progression.

So again, I go there once from my hearth point (or start the game there if I logged out) send followers out, accept quests, go do said quests, head back, turn everything in and upgrade artifact weapon.
    making will be better received. As it stands, it's lost on me because I don't see an issue with going there twice a day until it's irrelevant for player progression.
    I don't think you fully comprehend the scope of what they have done with the artifact system regarding class halls, order hall resources, etc. It will be more than twice a day if you want any meaningful progress.

It looks like Blizzard are copying yet another successful aspect from GW2.

No mounts in GW2, never have been and never will be. There has not been any QQ about it from the players, they just adapted to how the game works and got on with playing the game... exactly what will happen in Wow.
    You DO realize that GW2 has both instant porting to locations as well as flight, right? Oh, and the new zones in the expansion have areas that are meant to be explored using flight, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You DO realize that GW2 has both instant porting to locations as well as flight, right? Oh, and the new zones in the expansion have areas that are meant to be explored using flight, too.
    Sounds like the perfect solution for people who dislike WoWs travel systems.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    GW2 does have fast porting, but I haven't found anything to suggest it has flight. It does have gliding, which is in essence just a different version of platforming. From what I've read on forums and the official site, there aren't even ground mounts as fast travel and movement speed perks let you traverse a zone in roughly 5-10 minutes. Also read that fast porting was initially put in as a gold sink and an attempt by devs to keep the inflation aspect low.