Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    I'm the opposite. I really hate flying in current content and would be pretty pissed if they allowed it early in Legion.

It's absolutely wrecked the experience of Tanaan for non-flyers.
    I'm glad that me putting out the minor amount of effort it took to get my Pathfinder achievement ruined your game play experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    SNIP....

Correlation =/= causation.

Actually sometimes it does so you really need to read up on that theory before spouting off that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Axerax View Post
    How does one FORGET something that has not happened...?
    Aaaand I think we found a strong candidate for the worst case...

Cuz 90% of wow is boring as hell without flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Thinking that flying wasn't a factor in any of those 5 million is likewise utter madness.
    Clearly a lot of people felt extremely strongly over this issue; a few of them quit. Many others went viewed the game with a sense of bitterness. For me, it was mixed strongly with the sense that the Devs are engaged in utter madness: making smaller worlds to get faster but extremely shallow releases seems like folly. It became a big factor and tipped a lot of us over. Pretty much what most rational people thought. It's quite an important decision to not give clear dates. I left when I read they were continuing this nonsense in the next expansion and I have no plans to come back. The world isn't big enough to support flying anymore and that's a sign that they've basically given up the very experience they created.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    I'm glad that me putting out the minor amount of effort it took to get my Pathfinder achievement ruined your game play experience.
    lol exactly - I think they should just make flying / no flying Realms - would be interesting to see the population split.

[QUOTE=Mad_Murdock;37161188]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    There are loads of features being introduced in Legion. It's very hard to understand how someone would not buy the expansion ONLY because of flying?

Some people get some games like Call of Duty for the single player campaign. Some folks are angry that Star Wars Battlefront doesn't have a single player mode. Some folks complain that Battlefield 4's single player was terrible, even though Battlefield was always a multiplayer game

People play the game for different reasons. What you might think is the only thing that matters, doesn't matter to anyone else. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say some folks have my mindset in that the game doesn't really hold their attention anymore and the removal of some things removes what little interests there is left. I unsubbed (like I do every year) back in June when the game became too boring to even want to log in. Flying came way to late for me to be remotely interested in coming back and since Blizz says it will be the same model in Legion, I'm struggling to find a way to be interested.
    Honestly, I agree with you. Why worry about people's reasons, I just hope they leave. I'm happy with what Blizzard announced and am perfectly fine with it. Flying is irrelevant to me in the game, it doesn't add or take away anything. If it's there, I'll use it, if it isn't I deal with it. Makes things easier but it isn't a deal breaker in any shape of form.

If people really want to quit the game over not having it or having to wait and actually play the game before they can earn it. Then I hope they unsubscribe today, it'll save the forum from these pointless posts and will hopefully get idiots to stop annoying Blizzard devs over pointless crap.

Correlation =/= causation. Blizzard decided to do this by respect of those who were ready to get out of their way to acquire it. They wouldn't have done it if it impacted their development and design.
    Of course they would have (and did); why do you think it took months after announcing flight would be coming to WoD (after saying it wouldn't) and Blizz stating that the delay was due to them working on the world to make sure it would work well for flying?

Why would they do this? Respect for the players, you suggest (even after Blizz played them like a fish during WoD)? It was more of respect for their revenue; not just sub numbers, but knowing full well that they were about to start the hype train for the next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Axerax View Post
    Then obviously the only reason you played the game was not for flight. Way to contradict yourself. You can say it's flight all you want, but clearly it sounds like you just lost intrest in what the game has to offer.
    I doubt you'll find anyone who plays wow for any one singular reason, and frankly, I never claimed to. What I did say is that not having flight affects my enjoyment of wow to the point I don't care about what else wow has to offer. With flying, I do. That's not to say I want flying everywhere at every time. I enjoyed timeless aisle, mainly because it was a small and contained area. I enjoy leveling without flight. Once I hit level cap, however, my enjoyment tanks if I can't fly. I could go into the details why, but in the end, it's all irrelevant for anyone but myself. I can tell you, however, that you are sorely mistaken about my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Cuz 90% of wow is boring as hell without flying.
    I don't see how? All I see people do with flying, is fly above Warspear now instead of sit on the ground. They are doing the same exact thing, just 10 feet higher or whatever. WoW is boring cause of lack of content, nothing flying will ever solve.

Deleted
    I'm glad Blizzard don't make decisions based on players pressures. If it was that way, we'd end-up all having legendary gear, 1000% flight speed, instant-win garrison mission with 100 000 daily golds and raid boss achievements on day one of the expansion!

That sounds like a fun game!
    You know this could be said about the other side as well.If the playerbase doesn't stop Blizzard from making decisions like this they might take it 1-2-3 steps further. Lets remove leveling because it's just a few days of grinding before the endgame. Let's also remove 5-mans because they are just raids in small. Let's not create any patches because they would just add new quests and 5mans and one raid is really enough because it has flex and normal and heroic and mythiy and inferno and hell and dante must die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Ahh yes, the slippery slope argument. Well done.
    And you're doing a Argument from fallacy, which is not really better. The point is still right - the context itself can be fallacious, but the reality is that the argument behind the format is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So they could change their mind again and allow us to finish Pathfinder in 7.0 for the relevant zones.

And what you don't get is that if flying is in the game I can fly and enjoy myself and you can not fly and enjoy yourself. In you vision of the game I can't fly so I won't enjoy the game as much, while you can laugh at my misfortune and enjoy the game more, so I guess at the end the enjoyment levels are the same.

Citing Vanilla not having flyingis a terrible idea.
    When I was 4 years old I didn't know sex was awesome so I didn't miss it. Now I know so I would miss it.
    Saying that I can choose not to fly is, sorry for the term, stupid. You're not stupid, I wan't to make that clear, you make great arguments. But this argument is. We all know that in Warcraft, doing things in an inefficient way is impossible. That's why websites like Icyveins, noxxic, elitist jerks, Ask Mr. Robot and even Simulationcraft are there. This is why people hardly ever choose a talent based on their preferred gameplay and would rather being dictated what to choose rather than choose themselves.

Basically, you're saying that a psychological barrier is less wrong than an absolute barrier. Sadly, it's not true and they're both as wrong.

As for citing Vanilla, it's only a reality. The game had a public then and it still have. BC had flying, but barely anyone could get efficient flying. 150% flight speed wasn't exactly the fastest thing in the world and ground mounts were still more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Actually sometimes it does so you really need to read up on that theory before spouting off that BS.
    Sure, but not in this case. Anyway, you can argue all you want, flight is not coming back.

Oh, and a small precision: I'm not an anti-flyer. I like flying, I think it's great. I've done pathfinding. But I also enjoy no-flying, and there are people out there who despise flying as much as you guys despise no-flying. This is why I have to side with people I don't exactly share the same opinion: because grey area are seen as black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Of course they would have (and did); why do you think it took months after announcing flight would be coming to WoD (after saying it wouldn't) and Blizz stating that the delay was due to them working on the world to make sure it would work well for flying?

Why would they do this? Respect for the players, you suggest (even after Blizz played them like a fish during WoD)? It was more of respect for their revenue; not just sub numbers, but knowing full well that they were about to start the hype train for the next expac.
    Um, no. If you still believe Activision care about World of Wacraft revenues, you haven't exactly being paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    You know this could be said about the other side as well.If the playerbase doesn't stop Blizzard from making decisions like this they might take it 1-2-3 steps further. Lets remove leveling because it's just a few days of grinding before the endgame. Let's also remove 5-mans because they are just raids in small. Let's not create any patches because they would just add new quests and 5mans and one raid is really enough because it has flex and normal and heroic and mythiy and inferno and hell and dante must die
    What a negative way to see the world. To assume that Blizzard devs are stupid is outright condescending toward the game you've been playing for so long... which could indirectly make you stupid for still playing a game made by stupid people.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2015-11-09 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    Before you get too excited about attempting to hand out a textual smackdown, sit back and realize that flight has been a part of WoW for -far- longer than WoW-without-flight. In fact, BC saw one of the sharpest inclines in purchases and subs...which coincided with the promise of flight. In fact, I decided to give WoW a try a month after BC launched because of flight (was mostly playing GW at the time) and ended up enjoying the game and working my way towards being able to fly. Eventually got into raiding and enjoyed that, but for me, flight was always was made WoW stand out.

And this, right here, is the crux of what people are trying to say and some people obstinately refuse to understand: enjoyment is subjective and for many flight is enjoyable; for some of those, flight is enjoyable enough that its removal means an overall lack of enjoyment with the game. It doesn't matter why; taste and enjoyment isn't usually subject to logical analysis. Only one thing is certain: people rarely engage in recreation activities if they don't enjoy it enough to justify their investment of time and/or money.
    I've been playing this game since launch. I enjoyed the game without and with flying. Warcraft is, at its heart, a game. I could care less about whether they remove it or not. I don't get why people complain about this dead subject. I'm not trying to be a bully or lay a textual smackdown as you described it, but I don't play the game for flight, while it's enjoyable and adds a new perspective of the world (from the air) and convience of getting to places faster, it doesn't bother me not having it. I play the game because I enjoy the story that it tells, while sometimes lackluster, it's still one I enjoy. I play with friends and family. If you don't enjoy the game for what it is, then you (as whoever is reading this and feels this way) should consider playing something else. I don't get upset over changes and decissions I have no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    I play FF14 - I know the context of this tweet - all that means is flying will be unlocked for the entire expansion at once not on a zone per zone basis - NOTHING was said about it being released the last content patch. Link me something concrete from a Blizzard developer - which I don't think you can because nothing has been said other than no flight at launch / can start working on the achievement at launch.
    Yes, after the last open world zone is released, which typically is the last patch of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    I doubt you'll find anyone who plays wow for any one singular reason, and frankly, I never claimed to. What I did say is that not having flight affects my enjoyment of wow to the point I don't care about what else wow has to offer. With flying, I do. That's not to say I want flying everywhere at every time. I enjoyed timeless aisle, mainly because it was a small and contained area. I enjoy leveling without flight. Once I hit level cap, however, my enjoyment tanks if I can't fly. I could go into the details why, but in the end, it's all irrelevant for anyone but myself. I can tell you, however, that you are sorely mistaken about my perspective.
    Then maybe we should become friends and you can tell me all about your perspective, your life story, and opinions on topics so we can share them with eachother and see how they are similar and varying. =)

I'm glad Blizzard don't make decisions based on players pressures. If it was that way, we'd end-up all having legendary gear, 1000% flight speed, instant-win garrison mission with 100 000 daily golds and raid boss achievements on day one of the expansion!

That sounds like a fun game!
    You're silly.

OT: When I first started playing, back in vanilla, exploring was fun, in tbc it was cool, after that I didn't care anymore. No flying is just another gate to keep people subbed for just a little bit longer, you have to do this, that and another thing for the next 3 months to earn flying, we delayed flying in the next patch but we are working to get it out in the next major patch.

I bought WoD, they said no flying in the beginning they want you to explore... I leveled my warrior, lock and priest - Still no flying, I've explored everything and now it just sucks to get around the map, I unsub.

I came back to WoD when they added flying, finished my reps and the 3 dailys re-rolled on another server and leveled a priest, hunter, druid and paladin. Now they are geared well enough to start in legion. After leveling a DH I'd just be bored leveling my other classes, so I'm wait until they add it.

The only way to show we don't agree on their stance on flying, is to quit. If we all stay and moan, nothing will change. So flying has to be the deciding factor, even if there are other aspects of Legion that are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And other players like the way they handled it in WoD and are fine with it in Legion.
    Other players weren't paying attention, and thought it was really about whether or not flying was put in the game or not. They think they 'won' and argument. They completely glossed over or missed the manner in which Blizzard conducted themselves during the entire fiasco. Which is well-stated by Moana here:

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The huge issue, which was entirely Blizzard's fault, was Blizzard's indecisiveness about all of it for nearly a year before Warlords launched and then for a great long while afterwards.

First it was going to be out, then it was going to be a reward of a quest chain, then it was going to be out, then it was going to be "We'll see", then later on it was out only to be back in two weeks after they declared that it would stay out. That was the huge problem.

This business about "We don't know when it will be back in" is fine if it really bothers someone but flying will be in at some point and a lot of people--not everyone--will be fine with that as long as whatever prerequisites that Blizzard wants to put on it are relatively clear.

Most of the argument for well over a year was whether or not it should be in at all. That's not really a question now. I'm all for trying to pin them down on when it happens. Go for it. You may be surprised and get an answer before launch next summer.
    The problem remains that Blizzard is still being unclear as to exactly when flying will be put back in the game. All we want is a clear statement of when it will be available, and Blizzard is holding that hostage. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice and I'm not buying your product.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Nobody said that flying will be available at the last patch of the expansion, and if i were you i wouldn't even dream about it. Flight will be back much quicker in Legion than it ever has been in Warlords. They only said they like the WAY how people got flying in Warlords, that doesn't necessarily mean it will take the same amount of time.
    Pure speculation. Again, the problem is that Blizzard is not being clear on the issue EXACTLY like they did with WoD! If you want a reason why people are so up in arms about this, it's because they've already been burned by Blizz. Even the people who don't care about flying should be sitting up and paying attention to this issue, and not being blinded by the hype train. Remember all the hype build-up for WoD? How is this ANY different?

The core of the problem is that WoD really strongly emphasized the point that NOTHING Blizzard says about a feature in WoW can be trusted until it goes live. And as the saying goes: If you're not concerned, then you haven't been paying attention.

And you're doing a Argument from fallacy, which is not really better. The point is still right - the context itself can be fallacious, but the reality is that the argument behind the format is valid.
    Which argument of mine was invalid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    I don't see how? All I see people do with flying, is fly above Warspear now instead of sit on the ground. They are doing the same exact thing, just 10 feet higher or whatever. WoW is boring cause of lack of content, nothing flying will ever solve.
    If that's all you see it means you spend all your time there. So maybe go out and you will see the other players that were waiting for flying to go out into the world?